Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
How did you see this? I checked ecas, I only saw Decision Made. Also, I saw on their application tracker page everything is "green" except Citizenship Oath date.
I would also like to know how to see when my ceremony is scheduled for. I don't see the date for mine anywhere :\

Reactions: gregbro

frozenrabbit

Feb 23, 2021
It seems there haven't been any Montreal Oath Ceremonies for the past few months...

The website says:

Wait for us to invite you.

Contact us through the Web form if you

• had a ceremony scheduled on or before March 15, 2020, and
  • haven’t received an invitation for a video oath ceremony.
Should I send an inquiry though their webform or should I just patiently wait...I don't wait to annoy the agent replying to the requests and then put me at the back of the queue...

Thanks,
Frozenrabbit

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
How did you see this? I checked ecas, I only saw Decision Made. Also, I saw on their application tracker page everything is "green" except Citizenship Oath date.
You can see it in the tracker not ecas. When Oath changes to IP, it will show the date there. This will generally be after DM, that is, all other stays changed to Complete other than Oath.

Reactions: gregbro

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
Halifax-NS office, has anyone seen any change since the DM change? the status update was on Aug 10 (after +4 months from test completion) and the Ceremony section is still showing as Not started. I haven't heard of any NS ceremonies yet.. I really hope they start moving.

Reactions: idoit

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hi! Congrats!

And to all Halifax friends!

Shocking! Our status is updated as well, except the Citizenship Ceremony all are set to complete on August 10th. Citizenship Ceremony says `Not Started`. I checked ECAS immediately, it says Decision Made.

Do you guys think Halifax heard our prayers? lol :D And is it a good thing? Because ceremony is not scheduled, so it won`t be a rejection right? I shouldn`t be hopeless? Maybe will receive the Oath invite later?

Good luck to all of us!
Congrats. Mine has the same saying "not started" for Oath. It's very hard to understand when we will get the update on Oath. I hope that's not a rejection :(

good luck to you as well, I will keep everyone posted :)
Let us know if you get something.

Reactions: idoit

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Halifax-NS office, has anyone seen any change since the DM change? the status update was on Aug 10 (after +4 months from test completion) and the Ceremony section is still showing as Not started. I haven't heard of any NS ceremonies yet.. I really hope they start moving.
Mine was Aug 11 saying DM on ecas. However, no dates for Oath or anything. So, not sure how this will go.

Reactions: HeidiA

sonupathak

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
I wrote my test on 21st June and still waiting for online status change. I dont know how much time it will take them to grant me my citizenship. Is there anybody else in same boat as me or tell me generally how much time its taking for people. Thanks

TheEyeMan

Aug 7, 2021
1. Yes, children status doesnt match with parents. So you are good.
2. I doubt that our category is allowed to take it outside. Per online page, they said you can email and see but as per the instructions received recently, they said one needs to be inside. So if you are going to be outside for more than a year then you should come and attend and if you are returning within 6 months then you can ask them what to do https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html#oath and mostly they would place the file on hold for few months and send you another invite later.
3. No need for child to be present.( i assume that you applied last year or so and our forms didnt have the option to ask them to include child in oath ceremony but lately the forms have option to include them in oath ceremony).

Which local office?
Thank you very much!!!
Office is Toronto

TheEyeMan

Aug 7, 2021
My son’s ECAS is in process while my ECAS is DM. In new tracker all my categories completed except Oath ceremony but all the categories of his are in process. I do not know why your daughter’s prohibitions is completed. But I hope my situation can give you some help.
Yes, thank you. It does help.
I guess they did prohibitions for my daughter because they know she's a little troublemaker

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Congrats. Mine has the same saying "not started" for Oath. It's very hard to understand when we will get the update on Oath. I hope that's not a rejection :(

good luck to you as well, I will keep everyone posted :)
Let us know if you get something.
Hi :) I was thinking about the possiblity of rejection too, so I searched forums a bit yesterday and no I think it is not rejection. My understanding is it will show the citizenship ceremony in progress when the oath date is assigned, so we need to wait for them to schedule an oath session. It was so interesting to see that all of us get the update and DM on the same date August 10, maybe they read this forum :D

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
I do hope so, I am planning to call the contact centre to learn the decision and confirm the next steps. I think Halifax wouldn`t have too many applications so I am hoping they can schedule us to September? Maybe I am too naive and it will be 4 months again till the next update :D

I will update here if Citizenship Ceremony changes to In Progress, it is Not Started right now.