Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I did not when I requested for GCMS notes & it is not mandatory to upload any document as its optional but it will help the Officer to retrieve the information pertaining to your file.

Other Documents (optional)
You may submit up to five (5) additional documents to help support your Access to Information or Privacy request, but this is optional.
I think they made it mandatory recently this month as far as i remember. When did you apply for last gcms, probably last month or so, correct?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Do I need to attach anything, if I request GCMS for my minor kid?
if the site asks then you need to upload. i have not tried for gcms for my son's application.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
On May 30 and another one today while replying to that post to canvisa13.
Is that consent not mandatory for you when you submitted? I meant on this section, not the other one.

Consent
The consent must indicate the name of the person giving his or her consent and to whom consent is being given. The consent document must be dated and signed by the person giving the consent.

You must include the consent for each individual listed in your file over the age of 18.

You may submit up to three (3) documents, but only one (1) is mandatory.

Last edited:

tusharpurohit03

Jun 17, 2018
Hi All,

I checked my application status on the portal, and I saw an update that I have an interview scheduled on 23rd June 2021. They mentioned that they would share more details on the interview process via email. I didn't receive an email from IRCC yet. I checked all the folders, and I have been trying to call these guys to follow up on this, but it keeps saying that they cannot transfer my call to an agent due to the high volume of calls. If anyone knows a better number to reach IRCC, then please share.

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Good news for the people that are abroad and receiving their test invite. I emailed my processing centre about the possibility of doing my knowledge test abroad. As of this week they are adding a paragraph to the invite that states you can take the exam abroad! Unfortunately for me they had already deactivated my link before sending me this new information so I'll have to wait until I get my second invite. But overall this is good and exciting news for some!

Reactions: Alienali

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Is that consent not mandatory for you when you submitted? I meant on this section, not the other one.

Consent
The consent must indicate the name of the person giving his or her consent and to whom consent is being given. The consent document must be dated and signed by the person giving the consent.

You must include the consent for each individual listed in your file over the age of 18.

You may submit up to three (3) documents, but only one (1) is mandatory.
I believe the consent form is only needed when you are requesting notes for someone else, that is the dependents on your applications.

If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, you must include the Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM 5744) form

Reactions: harirajmohan

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hi All,

I checked my application status on the portal, and I saw an update that I have an interview scheduled on 23rd June 2021. They mentioned that they would share more details on the interview process via email. I didn't receive an email from IRCC yet. I checked all the folders, and I have been trying to call these guys to follow up on this, but it keeps saying that they cannot transfer my call to an agent due to the high volume of calls. If anyone knows a better number to reach IRCC, then please share.
@tusharpurohit03 There are few on the forum who reported about this that they have interview scheduled updated on Ecas Portal and there was no email which was sent to them and when they called CIC they were told to ignore it.

Look at the posts here, https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test-completed-waiting-for-next-steps.716627/page-71#post-9501267

Reactions: nicolass

Paripriyank1

Star Member
May 16, 2015
Hi All,

IT HAPPEN TO ME
EXACT SAME THING
ON 22nd June, according to the new portal, i have an interview the very next day.
same way I did not receive an email and then I try to call them....no transfer of call due to heavy rush
I tried to call them the next day morning between 8 to 9, they told me its an error in the system and soon IRCC set up an interview.
Thank you
Hope that helps

Reactions: nicolass and viperD

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Good news for the people that are abroad and receiving their test invite. I emailed my processing centre about the possibility of doing my knowledge test abroad. As of this week they are adding a paragraph to the invite that states you can take the exam abroad! Unfortunately for me they had already deactivated my link before sending me this new information so I'll have to wait until I get my second invite. But overall this is good and exciting news for some!
Interesting! I don't see anything updated about it on the website, but would be cool. Wondering if anyone else heard anything about it...

Alienali

Sep 8, 2020
Hi this is good news ... Any chance you can paste the copy of the email reply u got ?

dhilloncgy

Oct 26, 2017
I want to share the experience on oral test.
so I was verified as usual. Then agent open power point sheet and shared the screen with me. I was able to read all questions and answered verbally ( both selected option and read the answer for her). Same format same time same passing mark.

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi this is good news ... Any chance you can paste the copy of the email reply u got ?
[/QUOTE

Hi yes sure! Also this was from the Calgary office:

Clients who are invited to complete their Online Test have the option now to take their Test while outside the country.

This is a new development that just came to our knowledge recently, but was not implemented till this week.

In the updated Test invitation you will receive, it will mention:

If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test from outside of Canada, please contact us within 24 to 48 hours of the date you read this notice and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email and provide your name, application number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you with the next steps after we receive your email.

After you receive the new Test invitation, you will be required to contact us following the detailed instructions above.

Reactions: Alienali