+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

dhilloncgy

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone experienced this type of test? **citizenship knowledge test will be administered to you orally (with the questions presented...

dhilloncgy

Oct 26, 2017
citizenship knowledge test will be administered to you orally (with the questions presented to you in writing) via Microsoft Teams at the date and time stipulated above.

dhilloncgy

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, urgent. I am wondering if it’s same way the online test is ? Or the agent will mark the right answers. I know upon 3 failed attempts they usually do in person test or something

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Yes, urgent. I am wondering if it’s same way the online test is ? Or the agent will mark the right answers. I know upon 3 failed attempts they usually do in person test or something
I don't think it will be like the regular online test. This would probably involve someone proctoring your test in person via teams / zoom.

I would highly suggest to start preparing now. Personally, I wouldn't dwell more on this & would just do what they have asked me to do. Just follow the process.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Has anyone experienced this type of test? **citizenship knowledge test will be administered to you orally (with the questions presented...
citizenship knowledge test will be administered to you orally (with the questions presented to you in writing) via Microsoft Teams at the date and time stipulated above.

Did you apply for urgent processing? If yes, that's why they might be making that request.

@rajkamalmohanram has probably seen a couple instances of this on the forum.

I don't think it will be like the regular online test. This would probably involve someone proctoring your test in person via teams / zoom.

I would highly suggest to start preparing now. Personally, I wouldn't dwell more on this & would just do what they have asked me to do. Just follow the process.
It says it will 20 questions ( mcq and true false) same timeline. And I heard online test has fill in the blanks
Yes, from what I know, this has happened only for urgent applicants.

Also, someone shared their experience on this forum (I can't find the post) - The IRCC official will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions, one by one, and you'll have to answer them orally over MS teams.

AFAIK, the scoring factor remains the same. You'll have to get 15/20 questions correct within the stipulated time.

Reactions: VictorCA

dhilloncgy

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, from what I know, this has happened only for urgent applicants.

Also, someone shared their experience on this forum (I can't find the post) - The IRCC official will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions, one by one, and you'll have to answer them orally over MS teams.

AFAIK, the scoring factor remains the same. You'll have to get 15/20 questions correct within the stipulated time.
That makes sense.

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
Application history

• May 31, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • May 14, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between May 14, 2021 and June 3, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • May 4, 2021

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Feb 17, 2021

Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Oct 20, 2020

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Application history

• May 31, 2021

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • May 14, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between May 14, 2021 and June 3, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • May 4, 2021

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Feb 17, 2021

Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Oct 20, 2020

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon
Thanks. Updated the BG check date on the spreadsheet. However, the "In Progress" date isn't shown in the new dashboard. It is only seen on ECAS .

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

lol 2 years behind, tho I know people from 2020 got it already... but the expectations is just wow

Reactions: VictorCA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

lol 2 years behind, tho I know people from 2020 got it already... but the expectations is just wow
This status has not been updated by IRCC for a while. I'm appalled by the lack of accountability here. Currently, I've seen several Jan and Feb 2020 applicants being scheduled for oath (in the past 2 weeks).

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
This status has not been updated by IRCC for a while. I'm appalled by the lack of accountability here. Currently, I've seen several Jan and Feb 2020 applicants being scheduled for oath (in the past 2 weeks).
Yes, I know this isn't right as I have noticed people from 2020 got it already. This tracker got update in June 16, 2021. This is just discouraging when I see they are in May 2019, and now it's June 2021.

Hoping we all get some good news from March applicants. I will complete 3 months in next 5 days since I completed my test :(