+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

prjkr

Oct 1, 2014
You'll have to be physically present in Canada during the interview, even if the interviews being conduced these days are online (over MS teams).

Generally, the only documents you'll be requested are all pages of your passport. If there are any stamps that are not in English or French, you'll have to get a certified translation for those.

Depending on your case (residing abroad), there might be other additional documents requested to prove residency in Canada.

Good luck and all the best.
Thanks so much! Do you know how soon after the test this interview is usually held?

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Test completed successfully yesterday, May 26th. 20/20.. honestly studied way too hard for it with plenty of practice tests. Most of the questions were pretty much general knowledge and one would know them if they have spent enough time in Canada.

I guess now the only step remaining is just the oath taking. Hopefully it happens soon, I have essential travel coming up to the States by the end of July. Don't want to go through the hassle of applying for visitor visas, would love to make the trip on my shiny new Canadian passport.
Hi, did you check if you can travel to the US while waiting for the oath invitation? I am in a similar situation and wondering if my application will be rejected if I go abroad while waiting for an oath invitation.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hi, did you check if you can travel to the US while waiting for the oath invitation? I am in a similar situation and wondering if my application will be rejected if I go abroad while waiting for an oath invitation.
No it should not impact your Citizenship application if you travel to US or any other country due to emergency while your application is in progress.

Its just that you need to prepare yourself if you get an Interview request before getting an oath invitation.

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
No it should not impact your Citizenship application if you travel to US or any other country due to emergency while your application is in progress.

Its just that you need to prepare yourself if you get an Interview request before getting an oath invitation.
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Do you know if it is possible to request rescheduling the interview or the ceremony even if the reason to travel abroad is not an emergency but work related or is it something that is frowned upon by immigration officers?

Last edited:

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Do you know if it possible to request the reschedule interview or the ceremony even if the reason to travel abroad is not an emergency but work related or is it something that is frowned upon by immigration officers?
Yes you can reschedule interview and ceremony to a later date. There might others in this forum who can comment on that work related question.

Reactions: NovaScotiaMarch2020

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
I just checked the online tool and I have an update saying that I can take my test between June 14 and July 5. However, I'm currently residing in Switzerland since March 2021. With all the covid tests and quarantaine rules in both countries (not to mention the extra costs) I'm debating whether I should reschedule. Anyone else in the same boat or anyone have any tips for this situation (i.e. when could I expect the next invitation)? My office is Calgary and I'm on the spreadsheet for March 2020. Thanks in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just checked the online tool and I have an update saying that I can take my test between June 14 and July 5. However, I'm currently residing in Switzerland since March 2021. With all the covid tests and quarantaine rules in both countries (not to mention the extra costs) I'm debating whether I should reschedule. Anyone else in the same boat or anyone have any tips for this situation (i.e. when could I expect the next invitation)? My office is Calgary and I'm on the spreadsheet for March 2020. Thanks in advance!
Please update me once you receive your test invite email (you should receive it in a few days).

If you are not in the country AND you can't make it here on time, then you have to reschedule.

There is no timeline as to when you would get the second test invite and no guarantee you'll receive another invite soon. You will provide IRCC with a tentative date of return. Once you are back, remind them once more and you'll receive another invite when IRCC finds a slot and sends it to you.

Good luck!

RamanS100

Apr 12, 2021
Hi, i am in similar situation and i was supposed to take take between may 31 until June 20 and i am in india rn to take care of my elderly parents. i ahve emailed them tht i need to reschedule as flights currently are banned from india until july 1, i hv attached a letter from a doctor confirming my mother was sick and needed care. as i am working from home (my employer agreed for me to work from india, i have attached a letter of employment as well and also i was able to get a ticket for july 5 so i am sending tht as well as confirmation all in the same email. they havent responded back to me yet. i was talking to somone else who apparently forgt to do thr test on time and sent them an email to reschdule, he got response o take the test again but no time has been provided yet.

Reactions: Lomi90

mdk1

May 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
The online dashboard shows that

You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 14, 2021 and July 5, 2021
However, i havent received any email confirmation yet, but my questions are,
- Do I need to wait till I get the email confirmation as well or I can use the online test portal and get the test done?
- also before I get to the test, do I need to select a date and a time and let them know or I can just click the portal, fill all info anytime inbetween these dates and anytime and get the test done?

Please advise, thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The online dashboard shows that

You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
  • You need to take your online citizenship test between June 14, 2021 and July 5, 2021
However, i havent received any email confirmation yet, but my questions are,
- Do I need to wait till I get the email confirmation as well or I can use the online test portal and get the test done?

You will very likely receive an email 3 - 4 days before the test.

- also before I get to the test, do I need to select a date and a time and let them know or I can just click the portal, fill all info anytime inbetween these dates and anytime and get the test done?

No. You can take the test 24X7 on any day within the window specified.

Please advise, thank you

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Sent an email asking them about the rescheduling time yesterday, about it out going to take long time out just few months, still no reply yet.