Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Well, per the tracker, one of the Calgary applicants has received the test invite, so I guess there's some kind of hope for us :( It seems that most test invites have been sent out by Toronto. Lucky folks! :D

Reactions: smgn

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Passed test on March 26, still waiting with no update. Called IRCC, same generic reply that a officer will contact me for the next step.

I know this will take time. Anyone got any news, any motivation plz?

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Same with you, done with our test for a month now and no interview invite yet.

Someone told me that it depends upon the officer if you will have an interview or not.

I am seeing some trend 2/3 weeks when they receive the interview request.
Not sure if this is the case. I did mine on March 26 and it's like 2 months and no update for me :(

• Sad

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
Doesn't look like anyone (just saw one example) post May 2020 on the forum who has completed test and got interview or Oath invite? Seems like people post May 2020 months have been waiting for few months/weeks now post test with March 2020 and before getting DMs. Reading on the forum looks like DM for them could be anywhere from 2-3 weeks.

Maybe IRCC is going by submission date and prioritizing those applications. Guess rest of us will have to wait a while. I would be very comforted to see a few after May 2020 get interviews/oath invites.

I would love to understand how IRCC thinks.

I hope we are not going into another post test bottleneck :(

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2020 - Citizenship Application
Not sure if this is the case. I did mine on March 26 and it's like 2 months and no update for me :(
It's hard to think whether you will have an interview request or direct invite to oath-taking. Everything is still uncertain on how they work on our applications. :(

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
Well, per the tracker, one of the Calgary applicants has received the test invite, so I guess there's some kind of hope for us :( It seems that most test invites have been sent out by Toronto. Lucky folks! :D
I received one too- I am in Canmore. 1 hour west of Calgary and it's considered - Calgary Zone. FYI, Test invite was emailed to me on the 12th of May, I passed the test on the 23rd.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
It's hard to think whether you will have an interview request or direct invite to oath-taking. Everything is still uncertain on how they work on our applications. :(
As per their website, they are suggesting anyone between 18 and 54 needs to sit for the interview after the test. I guess it is true for all of us?

desertrose416

Star Member
May 20, 2020
As per their website, they are suggesting anyone between 18 and 54 needs to sit for the interview after the test. I guess it is true for all of us?
You might not get an interview (speaking from experience). I actually created this account for my little brother (above 18) & sometimes check progress/ update on his behalf. I am already a Canadian citizen. Some of us in my family were called for an interview, others like me were sent directly to oath and the remaining are caught in this limbo. Wishing for the best for you and all!

ballerbluezen

Dec 21, 2019

Calgary applicant here... It's been frustrating, I have friends in the East Coast, where I applied 2-3 months ahead of them but they have already taken the tests as of now. Not jealous but I'm just highlighting the slowness of the Calgary Office LOL

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2020 - Citizenship Application
You might not get an interview (speaking from experience). I actually created this account for my little brother (above 18) & sometimes check progress/ update on his behalf. I am already a Canadian citizen. Some of us in my family were called for an interview, others like me were sent directly to oath and the remaining are caught in this limbo. Wishing for the best for you and all!
Thanks for sharing your experience. How many months did you wait after the test passed for your oath-taking invite?

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Called CIC today to see if I could get some info. As I passed the test on March 26.
They said to wait for the interview/oath. Same generic answer.