+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

mohammkh

Mar 29, 2021
This is for my wife
Submitted her application on 1st Oct. 2020, delivered on 4th Oct. 2020. Received acknowledgement on 29th Jan. 2021. Processing started on 5th Mar 2021. Single application from Hamilton, ON

desertrose416

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Here's my web form enquiry, I tried to be nice and appreciative. :) I am really not expecting that they will respond.

Enquiry:
Hi IRCC, Good Day and hope all is well! My apologies for this email since I know that your good office has posted already about a delay in processing Citizenship grants. I would like to Thank you for working hard on working our applications. Anyway, I am writing this email cause processing time indicates that it is 12 months processing, and my family citizenship application (2 adults & 1 child below 18 yrs. old) we're already waiting for 12 months now since processing. We are actually waiting for an online test invite cause the other applicants that applied with our same application times did receive it already. Another question, our PR will be expiring on Jan. 2022, and just wondering that if we need to renew it now while we are waiting for our Citizenship grant? Please let us know the ideal time to renew it and if it affects our Citizenship application. Again, Thank you so much for all your efforts, and hope to hear from you soon.

I really don't know if it triggered though I am glad that an agent responded.

Here's the email response from IRCC agent:

Good day .............. ,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
An email inviting you to attend the citizenship test will be sent to you shortly. The citizenship test is scheduled to be taken between April............

Lastly, if you would like to renew your permanent resident card (PR card), you can submit your application if your card will expire in less than nine months (270 days)...........................

Please note that if your PR card expires, this does not mean that you have lost your permanent resident status.
If you would like to apply for, renew or replace a permanent residence card (PR card), you can do so by following
these instructions.........................

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely,
No disrespect here. I would just write a 1 liner - Hi, should we renew our PR or should we expect a test invite shortly? The end.
My foreign passport, drivers license, health card, PR card all expired. But I got my vaccination last week (Moderna), in my 20s..haha, responsible me.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I got my test invite on Wednesday from Scarborough office, today passed the test. March 12th 2020 application, single applicant.

Incidentally, my wife and children applied in November 2019, haven't received test invite yet!!
We are in same situation too. It looks like they are focusing too much on avg. timelines. That's why we see test invites range from March-2019 to March-2020 applicants. That will bring down the avg. time. If they process only 2019 applicants, then the avg. processing time will be high. Just media gimmick, albeit a bad one.

Reactions: viperD

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
We are in same situation too. It looks like they are focusing too much on avg. timelines. That's why we see test invites range from March-2019 to March-2020 applicants. That will bring down the avg. time. If they process only 2019 applicants, then the avg. processing time will be high. Just media gimmick, albeit a bad one.
What do you mean?

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
How do we even talk to an agent now? I can't find an option for citizenship on IRCC's helpline number. Pressing 0 or 9 doesn't work anymore.