+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Why would anyone wait for fingerprint as its not compulsory like test / oath. Fingerprinting is just another delay hence i expect no one wants to wait for fingerprint request.
It is in dead a just another delay, however if RCMP or IRCC don't get it when they are expecting it the most from Fingerprinting services, this could be misleading to Immigration team. See the response from them.

IRCC asked me for FINAL REQUEST FOR FINGERPRINTS FOR. Our records indicate that we previously sent you a request to provide fingerprints but we have not received confirmation that you have had your fingerprints taken. We do not have records of you contacting
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to provide an explanation for not submitting your fingerprints. If this is incorrect, or if you have had your fingerprints taken, please contact IRCC within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter. Please contact IRCC in writing at the address on this notice.
As we have stated in our previous notice, after reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regards to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter. To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.

MY RESPONSE
I have completed my finger print scan at Global Fingerprinting Services Canada ltd. on March 13th 2021. They have confirmed that the report has already been sent to RCMP or IRCC same day. Please find the attached copy that Fingerprinting service has sent to me. Please do let me know if you require me to do Fingerprint & send a report again.

IRCC RESPONSE
Your fingerprints have been received yesterday and set to passed. Your next steps should be test/interview. Please monitor your email for further instructions.
Please note that we have a backlog of fingerprint results due to COVID staff shortage restrictions and therefor processing times have been delayed.

Regards,
IRCC

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Please add me to your forum, i applied for Citizenship in March 2020 from Ontario. I am PR since Dec 2017.
my application was received on March 18, 2020 and i received receipt confirmation on Oct 21, 2020 and it started showing processing as of Nov 13, 2020. i haven't received anything after yet. Also, i am currently in India due to a family emergency. what is the next step ? would i getting finger print request or test ? do i need to be in Canada for FP request ?
You don't need to be in Canada while you wait for FP, However, you do get 90 days to finish your Fingerprints. Come back when you can; within Max of 65 days from the date of your Fingerprint request, so that you keep that 20-15 days buffer excluding Self-quarantine and delay in sending report to RCMP/IRCC after you get your fingerprint done.

However You could enquire in your own country if they are professional Finger Print services accepted by Canadian Immigration, But you have to collect yourself and send it to the Immigration team by yourself. However, for this you must justify your reason why are you not able to present in Canada; and must inform them when left Canada.

Good Luck!

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
Do we get email invite for test? This is becoming another One year of waiting game after AOR. Can anyone request FP or you have to show proof?

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Do we get email invite for test? This is becoming another One year of waiting game after AOR. Can anyone request FP or you have to show proof?
Don't worry, they are slowly working. We have time until March 2022, that is 2 years, for having our cases finalized, so all the steps after IP will happen during this time. You cannot request it, you have to wait.

japmeet

Apr 19, 2015
Hi everyone. I submitted my application on 21 Sep 2020 and I just received my AOR today (19 Apr 2021), stating that IRCC has started processing my application on 12 Feb 2021. I don't have access to edit the spreadsheet yet, so adding in my application progress status here in a comment.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Hi everyone. I submitted my application on 21 Sep 2020 and I just received my AOR today (19 Apr 2021), stating that IRCC has started processing my application on 12 Feb 2021. I don't have access to edit the spreadsheet yet, so adding in my application progress status here in a comment.
Have you tried the September 2020 thread? This is March 2020 thread for apps sent in March.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
Hi Guys,

I just got the invite for citizenship test today yay!
Admins Please update my entry in spreadsheet.

Thanks
Raghu

desertrose416

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Don't worry, they are slowly working. We have time until March 2022, that is 2 years, for having our cases finalized, so all the steps after IP will happen during this time. You cannot request it, you have to wait.
@AmericanCanadian007 I think you will get to hear good news, citizenship exam soon, both of us, all of us very soon. You always bring good vibes to this room.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

psaini

Oct 1, 2017
Hey guys, I received my FP request on 23rd March and submitted through an agency on 26th. To confirm my FP are received by IRCC, where can I email them? I am in Vancouver region. I tried calling but IRCC but due to high volume they are not picking up. Thanks.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
I reached out to them yesterday (IRCC Vancouver), 2 weeks after the RCMP mail out date; they said they hadn't received the fingerprints yet.
So, the waiting continues. I'll reach out again to them in a couple of weeks.
Reached out to them again today (3 weeks after RCMP said the fingerprint reports were sent to IRCC).
IRCC still says they haven't received it.
However, now they added a line saying they're backlogged for the last few weeks - asked me to follow up again after a few more weeks

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
I'm wondering if a GCMS notes request at this point makes sense? Or, if I should wait for sometime till the FP is updated before I raise a GCMS notes request?

Also, what is the URL for raising the request? And, the cost involved?