+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
On March 23/2021, they posted that they are finalizing applications received between March 31/2019 to April 6/2019.
On March 31/2021, they posted a whopping progress of finalizing applications received between March 31/2019 to April 6/2019.
At least we know they are working VERY hard to clear the backlog, just not by this century but the future ones to come will full certainty!
I agree! I don’t care about citizenship anymore

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
On March 23/2021, they posted that they are finalizing applications received between March 31/2019 to April 6/2019.
On March 31/2021, they posted a whopping progress of finalizing applications received between March 31/2019 to April 6/2019.
At least we know they are working VERY hard to clear the backlog, just not by this century but the future ones to come will full certainty!
Another day without an invite. Years being lost. Will never forget these days.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/service-fee-act-remissions-policy-2021.html
IRCC is going to give partial refunds if they couldn’t process the applications in the determined period. In another words, if service standard is not met. But nothing for us. Starts April 1. This is stupid.
ahahahah this is nice but if you read it you will notice that they already covered their back, covid 19 can be seen as an emergency situation so I don't think anyone will see the money soon.

Should it be determined that the service standard in relation to a fee paid is not met primarily due to exceptional circumstances, the fee payer is not eligible for a remission.

Exceptional circumstances are defined as circumstances outside IRCC’s control such as, but not limited to

• unforeseen system disruptions and/or failures
  • natural disasters
  • emergency situations that cause
    • a closure of an office
    • a reduction in the service offerings within the office, or
    • a surge of applications outside the department’s control that causes a disruption to the normal operation of an office

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
ahahahah this is nice but if you read it you will notice that they already covered their back, covid 19 can be seen as an emergency situation so I don't think anyone will see the money soon.

Should it be determined that the service standard in relation to a fee paid is not met primarily due to exceptional circumstances, the fee payer is not eligible for a remission.

Exceptional circumstances are defined as circumstances outside IRCC’s control such as, but not limited to

• unforeseen system disruptions and/or failures
  • natural disasters
  • emergency situations that cause
    • a closure of an office
    • a reduction in the service offerings within the office, or
    • a surge of applications outside the department’s control that causes a disruption to the normal operation of an office
Yeah I know. They want to play two sides.

bonu

Feb 24, 2021
Here comes 3 in one update from me:

Had my interview on March 23, got my oath invite on March 25th, and took my oath on Apr 1st. You can find all of the details in my signature.

40 people participated in the oath ceremony, which took almost one and a half hours. Even though kids younger than 14 are not obligated to participate, I saw a lot of them taking their oaths with their parents today :).

To people who are still wondering whether or not they can take their oaths somewhere else other than Canada: I have been asked twice (interviewer and clerk) about my current location before taking my oath. The clerk, who will be assigned to you for upcoming oath ceremony, will be contacting you through email. I think you can discuss your options and concerns with her/him before your oath date and make a decision.

Last edited:

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Here comes 3 in one update from me:

Had my interview on March 23, got my oath invite on March 25th, and took my oath on Apr 1st. You can find all of the details in my signature.

40 people participated in the oath ceremony, which took almost one and a half hours. Even though kids younger than 14 are not obligated to participate, I saw a lot of them taking their oath with their parents today :).

To people who are still wondering whether or not they can take their oath somewhere else other than Canada: I have been asked twice (interviewer and clerk) about my current location before taking my oath. The clerk, who will be assigned to you for upcoming oath ceremony, will be contacting you through email. I think you can discuss your options and concerns with her/him before your oath date and make a decision.
Your timeline is impressive!! Wow! Congrats! Is your application an urgent one? Cause I saw that you got AOR 3 days after they received it.

bonu

Feb 24, 2021
Your timeline is impressive!! Wow! Congrats! Is your application an urgent one? Cause I saw that you got AOR 3 days after they received it.
Thank you,
I submitted my application as an urgent one back in march, but when I contacted IRCC in november I've been told it is not. They said they can't find the urgent note on my application. I did not get the rejection email either. Judging by how things sped up in the end, I think my application was processed urgently.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicolass

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Thank you,
I submitted my application as an urgent one back in march, but when I contacted IRCC in november I've been told it is not. They said they can't find the urgent note on my application. I did not get the rejection email either. Judging by how things sped up in the end, I think my application was processed urgently.
No, does not look like an urgent timeline. They do not send out rejection letters for UP requests. Your timeline is consistent with other few fringe March 2020 applicants who also did not apply for UP. Seems like IRCC is randomly picking some applicants between Jan 2020 and April 2020 for tests & oaths.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
No, does not look like an urgent timeline. They do not send out rejection letters for UP requests. Your timeline is consistent with other few fringe March 2020 applicants who also did not apply for UP. Seems like IRCC is randomly picking some applicants between Jan 2020 and April 2020 for tests & oaths.
Do you think if local offices do that or the IRCC in Nova Scotia?

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Seems CIC is closed today.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
I have not looked into it deeply. Have a look at the tracker in my signature: any patterns you notice? EDIT: Personally, I do not notice any patterns. Must be random.
Yes I agree. You have to be lucky to have your name on the wall. When they start playing darts and if that throw lands on your name, you get picked for next step making you even luckier!