+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Sapphire07/27

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello, so excited to say mine also is in 'In Process' Status since Nov 12, 2020 but just checked today :)
Submitted-March 30th, 2020
AOR- October 23, 2020
IP (ECAS)- November 12, 2020
Single applicant- Vancouver Island

I have a question though; Does anybody know who has done a test during this pandemic? How did they get invited and how was the test conducted? A reply will be much appreciated. Thank you!!

Reactions: itwillbegood

Futurism

Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
LANDED..........
25-07-2017
Hey there,

ECAS says my application is now in process (November 17). Please update.

App sent: March 20, 2020
App delivered: March 25, 2020
AoR: October 22, 2020

Thanks!

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Can you share the wordings of that email? Did you get a PDF file that read, "This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required." ?
Hi, yes that's the exact wording in the pdf file they attached. That was October 20th dated letter. I got my application back on Nov 6 in my mail I think saying it's incomplete. Is this not normal? Why is everyone confused...I'm confused too now. They say (on the front page of the application package) send it back with complete application, but I'm just unsure whether just filling that highlighted section is enough and send the same application package.

I'm guessing it will be fine because they already filled out some "office only" section in the form, and stapled my pictures on the form, and wrote some numbers at the bottom of the page, and they would want the exact form back so that they can continue working on it. Do you think this is true?

Also, will I have to wait another 7 months ish? Which would suck..

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hi, yes that's the exact wording in the pdf file they attached. That was October 20th dated letter. I got my application back on Nov 6 in my mail I think saying it's incomplete. Is this not normal? Why is everyone confused...I'm confused too now. They say (on the front page of the application package) send it back with complete application, but I'm just unsure whether just filling that highlighted section is enough and send the same application package.

I'm guessing it will be fine because they already filled out some "office only" section in the form, and stapled my pictures on the form, and wrote some numbers at the bottom of the page, and they would want the exact form back so that they can continue working on it. Do you think this is true?

If I were you, I would call them and make sure this is legit. Bc this is a sort of discrepancy. They shouldn’t have sent you an AOR if they were returing your application. Good luck!

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

O’Canada111

Nov 19, 2020
Toronto
Hey everyone,
-sent from Toronto
-app sent October 29
-delivered November 2
-presence 1809

question to whom this may apply to:
has anyone got their application returned due to their names not being printed on the back of the photos? I’m positive I printed my name on the back but asking just in case. Thank you.

smgn

Dec 7, 2017
Calgary
Please update the spreadsheet with November 18, 2020 for my IP

How many lines does it show in your application status?
Now its two lines! AOR line is still missing, but it is In Progress now. Fun :)
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on November 18, 2020.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016

Yeah, it's not normal, because they don't issue AORs if the application is incomplete.

rbbridge0320

Mar 21, 2020
Hello, so excited to say mine also is in 'In Process' Status since Nov 12, 2020, but just checked today :)
Submitted-March 30th, 2020
AOR- October 23, 2020
IP (ECAS)- November 12, 2020
Single applicant- Vancouver Island

I have a question though; Does anybody know who has done a test during this pandemic? How did they get invited and how was the test conducted? A reply will be much appreciated. Thank you!!
My friend received an invite to take the test in early March. And it was canceled. it has not been scheduled yet!!! It would be good to know if anyone has taken the test yet. I thought it has been starting new set up on Sept 21, 2020. Any update would be good.

rbbridge0320

Mar 21, 2020

A question that I have received my AOR in Oct. 2020. However as it is taking so long, I still do not have my ECAS. I would like to know if I need to apply for PR card renew? As I have 6 month left in my PR card date??

Human Errer

Nov 20, 2020
I just finished filling out my application for my certificate of citizenship. I'll be sending it in soon. My mother was a Canadian citizen when I was born in 1981. Not sure if I'm guaranteed to be a citizen already, but keeping my fingers crossed! Wish me luck!