Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi All, please update my record on the spreadsheet as mine went to 'in process' as of November 2. I'm row 36. Thanks

prjkr

Oct 1, 2014
Hi! My application was received in March and I got my AOR on October 20th, but I'm still unable to access my application online with my UCI and any other information provided to me in my letter. Does anyone know why this might be the case?

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Hi! My application was received in March and I got my AOR on October 20th, but I'm still unable to access my application online with my UCI and any other information provided to me in my letter. Does anyone know why this might be the case?
Is your name and all other details input correctly?
In my case I have to access it with my entire name in the "surname" field, only then does it work.
It could be related to nuances such as that.

Reactions: prjkr

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Select -> Citizenship
Identification type - you can try with UCI(without the dash) or application number came with the AOR.
also it ask for
Surname/Family Name (Here got chance of making mistake follow the application or The last portion of the name on AOR.)
Date of birth
and
Place of birth.

If not better call the agent.

Reactions: prjkr

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hello. I have not applied for Citizenship to Canada yet, but I plan to soon as I am a PR in Canada now and will be eligible soon(very excited about it). I didn't know where else to ask this question. If I become a Canadian citizen am I required to renew my US Passport when it comes due? Thank you.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Hello. I have not applied for Citizenship to Canada yet, but I plan to soon as I am a PR in Canada now and will be eligible soon(very excited about it). I didn't know where else to ask this question. If I become a Canadian citizen am I required to renew my US Passport when it comes due? Thank you.
Strictly speaking from legal standpoint, No requirement to renew.

In Canada, there is a rule that if you are Canadian citizen, you can only enter Canada using Canadian passport. If the same exists in US, you would need to get it renewed before making a trip to US from Canada.

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Strictly speaking from legal standpoint, No requirement to renew.

In Canada, there is a rule that if you are Canadian citizen, you can only enter Canada using Canadian passport. If the same exists in US, you would need to get it renewed before making a trip to US from Canada.
Great. Thank you so much for your answer. Can I ask one more question? I will not have left Canada for over 4 years when I apply for citizenship. I just had an FBI check before I applied for PR. It is my understanding that I will not need a new FBI Police Check. Is this correct? I haven't been across the border (to any country) in a little over 4 years. If I need one, then I'll get one, but I read where there was no need if I have not been out of the country for 4 years prior to applying. (That's the last question I promise. :) ) Thank you, again, for answering my comment. I wish you all great luck. :)

Last edited:

malwai3x

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Great. Thank you so much for your answer. Can I ask one more question? I will not have left Canada for over 4 years when I apply for citizenship. I just had an FBI check before I applied for PR. It is my understanding that I will not need a new FBI Police Check. Is this correct? I haven't been across the border (to any country) in a little over 4 years. If I need one, then I'll get one, but I read where there was no need if I have not been out of the country for 4 years prior to applying. (That's the last question I promise. :) ) Thank you, again, for answering my comment. I wish you all great luck. :)
You will not need an FBI check in that case. Good luck!

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hello,
My husband and I have a couple of questions,
1. Once you sent your application you start to prepare by yourself for the test and wait to receive the AoR and then the appointment to the test?

Or at some point when the let you know about your AoR you’ll receive a book/ material to study for the test?

2. Is the test on line or it have to be done in a facility?

Thank you SO MUCH.

akta

May 17, 2017
Hello,
My husband and I have a couple of questions,
1. Once you sent your application you start to prepare by yourself for the test and wait to receive the AoR and then the appointment to the test?

Or at some point when the let you know about your AoR you’ll receive a book/ material to study for the test?

2. Is the test on line or it have to be done in a facility?

Thank you SO MUCH.
1. You can start preparing if wish to but it would be too early. You will receive AOR email (if all your forms and provided documents are correct). In AOR email you will receive link for book which you need to study for test.
2. Prior to Covid 19, tests were done in a facility. After covid19 (March 2020) , all tests are on hold and not yet opened until now.

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
1. You can start preparing if wish to but it would be too early. You will receive AOR email (if all your forms and provided documents are correct). In AOR email you will receive link for book which you need to study for test.
2. Prior to Covid 19, tests were done in a facility. After covid19 (March 2020) , all tests are on hold and not yet opened until now.
—————————
So, March applicants and + are still waiting to present the test?

Thank you for responding!