+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
even when urgent, still not have any sign for the test yet. the test gonna be next year or further for sure. really don't understand what cause difficulty to open a test....schools already open, are they not having any exam?
Guess they want to see everyone in person for the test. Online test could mean anyone give the test in the applicants ID if they are not able to see the face of the applicant. Why not video call? But in person tests will be a while especially due to COVID-19 2nd wave!

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Guess they want to see everyone in person for the test. Online test could mean anyone give the test in the applicants ID if they are not able to see the face of the applicant. Why not video call? But in person tests will be a while especially due to COVID-19 2nd wave!
yes, in person, they can totally do that too, as they already open the schools. How do they manage school during this time? how do they manage public indoor like markets, malls, restaurant during this time?
I think because they just put the citizenship grant at the very least important position. COVID is not a good excuse tho, its just a test with small amount of ppl at the same room

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
yes, in person, they can totally do that too, as they already open the schools. How do they manage school during this time? how do they manage public indoor like markets, malls, restaurant during this time?
I think because they just put the citizenship grant at the very least important position. COVID is not a good excuse tho, its just a test with small amount of ppl at the same room

Even if you see their twitter updates, they talk most on the student visa, Permanent Resident, Work Permits and all which bring lot of money inflow
If something like if you have general elections very near then we can think of it

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Even if you see their twitter updates, they talk most on the student visa, Permanent Resident, Work Permits and all which bring lot of money inflow
If something like if you have general elections very near then we can think of it
I saw it, thats really unfair. we also wait for years (with struggle to maintain the presence days for some cases) to have this grant and realize, we are at the bottom of the list...

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
What do you guys think will the tests be moved until next year? I just got my AOR and I have to leave the country

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
What do you guys think will the tests be moved until next year? I just got my AOR and I have to leave the country
When you have other priorities and important things, yeah it's better to leave. They will during the test anyway. As long as you are in contact with them directly or indirectly.

Good luck for the rest of your process

Reactions: Hypatia and aaruni

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
If you have enough residency days to claim to get back when needed, there should be no concerns in exiting the country. Regarding testing/oath, by the looks of it, it will be a really short notice. Hope you can get back in a short notice.

Sapphire07/27

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Yea I know how you feel. I saw somewhere in the forum that apparently citizenship apps, if returned, may get delivered to the original mailing address provided where your PR card was originally delivered as that is the mailing address they have on the system. Is this true? Maybe that is why a lot of us are thinking AOR not received when their app was returned to that address? Not sure why IRCC will do that though. Can anyone confirm?

Reply: Yes, I think that may be the case as I just received my AOR: October 23rd and checked Application Status today-October 26th and they have the address where my previous PR card was sent as mailing address which is weird given that my home address is the current address from where I mailed my application from in March.

Ahkemaldn

May 31, 2020
Just got my AOR

APP received on the 31st of March 2020
AOR on October 26th, 2020
1 (single)

Please update the spreadsheet, thanks.

Reactions: supercake