+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Today received response from Ircc about the Aor: “
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

If you sent it by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that it was received by the processing office.

Your application will be processed according to the date it was received.”

Clearly they provide false information as they don’t process based on date application received. As long as they accept new applications and processing newer applicant we don’t know how long it will take to get AoR. We should find out why they are skipping some applications. It shouldn’t be an accident!
I think that is an automated message. If its not, then they are assuming one or more principle applicant do not know each other. Its like saying internet is non-existent in a real world which is not the case and that makes their assumption an imaginary one. If neither one of the above is the case then they are flat out lying which I don't see a reason for them to do at all. So, the first inference is correct in my opinion.

smgn

Dec 7, 2017
Calgary
No good news here, I'm also waiting for AOR since March. This 50% AOR rate reminds me of the anecdote.
---
The big company is hiring. Recruiter comes to the manager with a stuck of applications received.
Manager takes half of the stack and throws it to the trash. Didn't even bother to read them.
Recruiter: "Why did you do that?".
Manager: "We don't need losers in this company".

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
I think that is an automated message. If its not, then they are assuming one or more principle applicant do not know each other. Its like saying internet is non-existent in a real world which is not the case and that makes their assumption an imaginary one. If neither one of the above is the case then they are flat out lying which I don't see a reason for them to do at all. So, the first inference is correct in my opinion.
They went back to February applications, the total AOR for February has jumped to 73% this week. So, there is hope for March applicants awaiting AORs. I think IRCC is using spiral method (not even random) to process applications :D they went all the way to June and suddenly reverse back to February :D :D :D

Reactions: Xliliax and viperD

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
They went back to February applications, the total AOR for February has jumped to 73% this week. So, there is hope for March applicants awaiting AORs. I think IRCC is using spiral method (not even random) to process applications :D they went all the way to June and suddenly reverse back to February :D :D :D
Correct. Feb application is being processed right now for AOR. Giving us some hope. :p

Reactions: Xliliax

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Thank you. My wife called CIC they said, application will be returned to the address which is indicated in the Citizenship application. Not old address. I am not sure if this is true. So far they could not able to trace information from the system whether it is returned or not
Yes, they should definitely use the one in your application IF they were to return it. Let's hope they don't and that you'll get your AOR in this second wave of AORs :D

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
No good news here, I'm also waiting for AOR since March. This 50% AOR rate reminds me of the anecdote.
---
The big company is hiring. Recruiter comes to the manager with a stuck of applications received.
Manager takes half of the stack and throws it to the trash. Didn't even bother to read them.
Recruiter: "Why did you do that?".
Manager: "We don't need losers in this company".
It reads much better in Russian. ;) "Losers" in this context would mean "the unlucky ones"

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
I agree, there is no excuse for this backlog .... also my PR card is valid until feb 2021, what we suppose to do , I applied for renewal, but again, ......

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
I agree, there is no excuse for this backlog .... also my PR card is valid until feb 2021, what we suppose to do , I applied for renewal, but again, ......
You can apply for renewal it you are intending to travel. Otherwise not necessary.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
They are definitely clearing up the backlog for Feb applicants. A lot of applicants whose application was delivered in last week of Feb have started getting AORs. So sit tight guys, hopefully we will get our AORs soon.

Reactions: bk4546 and Xliliax

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
They are definitely clearing up the backlog for Feb applicants. A lot of applicants whose application was delivered in last week of Feb have started getting AORs. So sit tight guys, hopefully we will get our AORs soon.
I think they should have started from January onwards if they really wanted to clear backlogs. There are still Jan people waiting. Once complete 100% then move on to next month one by one to clear it, but that again this is sadly logical and not funny as being chaotic right now!