+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi,
I am hoping to give some hope to the March crew, my application went to "in process" on October 1st. I am from Nova Scotia. Please update the spreadsheet.
App received: March 2nd
AOR: Aug 19th
In process: Oct 1st

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats. Pls did you apply for urgent processing?

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
Really hard to say. They have moved to May when January is still waiting for AOR. I don't see why they won't keep doing random AORs to even December while previous months wait to be fully completed. They have done it before, are doing it now and will do it in the future.
I think I am just going to gather my documents all over again and send new application package to them this October so that when they get to October applications, I might be luck they open. This is beyond ridiculous; finish with one month first before moving to another one.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
I think I am just going to gather my documents all over again and send new application package to them this October so that when they get to October applications, I might be luck they open. This is beyond ridiculous; finish with one month first before moving to another one.
I think they are doing June month AORs now. May be wait untill December to send it? Eventually they will go back to prior months that they missed for AORs. We have to play their game and be patient in my opinion.

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
I think they are doing June month AORs now. May be wait untill December to send it? Eventually they will go back to prior months that they missed for AORs. We have to play their game and be patient in my opinion.
Thats true, we play their game. However, with the trend, it's not guaranteed they will go back to previous months anytime soon. If they are doing June now, there are new applications for July, Aug, Sep, and even as we speak now, they are receiving applications for October, which means there is always something for them to work on for each month. You see where I'm coming from? Frustrating! Frustrating!!

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Thats true, we play their game. However, with the trend, it's not guaranteed they will go back to previous months anytime soon. If they are doing June now, there are new applications for July, Aug, Sep, and even as we speak now, they are receiving applications for October, which means there is always something for them to work on for each month. You see where I'm coming from? Frustrating! Frustrating!!
Yea I know how you feel. I saw somewhere in the forum that apparently citizenship apps, if returned, may get delivered to the original mailing address provided where your PR card was originally delivered as that is the mailing address they have on the system. Is this true? Maybe that is why a lot of us are thinking AOR not received when their app was returned to that address? Not sure why IRCC will do that though. Can anyone confirm?

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
Yea I know how you feel. I saw somewhere in the forum that apparently citizenship apps, if returned, may get delivered to the original mailing address provided where your PR card was originally delivered as that is the mailing address they have on the system. Is this true? Maybe that is why a lot of us are thinking AOR not received when their app was returned to that address? Not sure why IRCC will do that though. Can anyone confirm?
I dont think thats true because when they open your application, i dont think anything will be done on the system until they see application is complete. And if 50% of March applications are returned, we would have seen at least one person who is still at their old PR address and inform us that application is delivered to address on PR application. It doesn't even make sense because they asked us to write our address on the citizenship application; anyone in the right sense will write their current address.. ahahah, and logically correspondence should go back to the address it came from. I think this whole delay is completely due to something else; I am sure there are people waiting for AOR who still live at the same address used for their PR. This gives me unneccessary panic attack :D

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

draun16

Aug 14, 2017
I have applied my Citizenship in March and my application reached out to IRCA on March 6th.. Still I haven't received AOR or any email- tried contacting them twice but no positive answers... Can anyone please suggest what should I do ?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I have applied my Citizenship in March and my application reached out to IRCA on March 6th.. Still I haven't received AOR or any email- tried contacting them twice but no positive answers... Can anyone please suggest what should I do ?
I am in the same boat. App delivered March 6, no AOR yet.
I submitted a web form and they responded saying it is normal in current scenario and they are doing everything they can to process applications in a timely manner.

Reactions: draun16

draun16

Aug 14, 2017
I submitted a web form and they responded saying it is normal in current scenario and they are doing everything they can to process applications in a timely manner.
Thank you for letting me know. I have to fill webform .. lets hope for the best...

draun16

Aug 14, 2017
I have a doubt that, they might have misplaced our applications as offices were closed due to COvid -19

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
I have a doubt that, they might have misplaced our applications as offices were closed due to COvid -19
That's what I am thinking, and there's no way to actually know what happened to our application because of this vintage paper based application system. I guess I'll just submit another application if I don't hear back this month.