+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
If I recall correctly, it used to take 3 months to receive AOR under normal circumstances. Do you think they will go as far as June AORs before starting on IPs?
Really hard to say. They have moved to May when January is still waiting for AOR. I don't see why they won't keep doing random AORs to even December while previous months wait to be fully completed. They have done it before, are doing it now and will do it in the future.

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Given how lot of people have not got AoR or rejection but applied long back like say March and seeing how people who applied in July getting AoR, makes me think that the system is flawed or rigged. I honestly cannot see how they wont answer (Accept or Reject) an March application, but go straight to July application and provide an answer........

Too bad we cant question it either. GG
3 cheers to IRCC ethics, its really unique!

Reactions: LodFresa

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Someone I know got his AOR for May 25 application. I am March and no AOR yet.
My question is-
Are the test dates decided as per AOR date? or Application received date??

If it will be AOR date, then that's definitely unfair.
Same here I am march 14 and still no AOR.

sonupathak

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Guys I applied for my Citizenship on March 24th and still waiting for my AOR. Is it normal or should I be worrying ? I contacted IRCC and they said this is normal as they haven’t started processing applications after January 14th but I see here people getting AOR who applied in May. How can I figure it out ? Thanks

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Would IRCC be able to tell us whether our application was returned? I am just wondering if my application was returned and Canada post just failed to deliver or lost my returned application.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Would IRCC be able to tell us whether our application was returned? I am just wondering if my application was returned and Canada post just failed to deliver or lost my returned application.
You can try to call IRCC and see if they can locate your application in system

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hello guys... On August 24 I've found a letter from IRCC. Inside was a letter explaining that our citizenship application (2 adults and 2 kids) were returned because of my son's missing birth certificate. Actually the birth certificate was sent but it was a multilingual original document. Apparently the case officer wanted to see a translation. Other applications (my wife's, my daughter's and my own) were checked and they were OK (they wrote on every single application that the documents needed were complete). In other words, we did not need to add any other documents. After receiving the letter I got the birth certificate translated and sent it with all the returned documents to Sydney again.
I just wanted to inform you all about this.
I would be happy if you guys could share your experiences (if you had experienced something similar) & your thoughts. What I am basically wondering is whether the assessment will re-start now? How will this situation influence our processing time? Etc.
Thanks in advance...

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
I have called and spoken to them before with exactly the same concern few weeks back. They do not keep any records or notes if your application was returned. They sent them back to the address where it came from. They can't even honor ant address changes since the time you sent the application as it will still be sent to the original address in the app. The only time they can help you with anything is when you received your AOR, which means the app is in the system. There is nothing we can do right now but wait and wait and wait unfortunately and pray that it did not get returned as if it does, it may reset the waiting clock.

Reactions: masterofpupp

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hello guys... On August 24 I've found a letter from IRCC. Inside was a letter explaining that our citizenship application (2 adults and 2 kids) were returned because of my son's missing birth certificate. Actually the birth certificate was sent but it was a multilingual original document. Apparently the case officer wanted to see a translation. Other applications (my wife's, my daughter's and my own) were checked and they were OK (they wrote on every single application that the documents needed were complete). In other words, we did not need to add any other documents. After receiving the letter I got the birth certificate translated and sent it with all the returned documents to Sydney again.
I just wanted to inform you all about this.
I would be happy if you guys could share your experiences (if you had experienced something similar) & your thoughts. What I am basically wondering is whether the assessment will re-start now? How will this situation influence our processing time? Etc.
Thanks in advance...
Originally sent the application in the first week of Jan 2020. The application was returned March bc the calculator wasn’t printed properly - the disclaimer was missing. Resent the application the next day. Still waiting for AOR.

missbreizh

Jun 16, 2016
Hi,
I am hoping to give some hope to the March crew, my application went to "in process" on October 1st. I am from Nova Scotia. Please update the spreadsheet.
App received: March 2nd
AOR: Aug 19th
In process: Oct 1st

Good luck to everyone!

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I have a quick question,

I submitted my file on March 23rd to Sydney Office. Lost the tracking receipt so no idea whether it actually was received. I see some people are still waiting for March, should I refile the application or wait a month to see if I get any response?

Also, on side note I had changed my address, in April 1st I had updated it on CIC, but I read in the forum that they return it to the original address.

Would appreciate your kind advice,

Thanks