+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pankaj, You're Very fortunate/lucky to have luxury of time! Not everyone in the similar situation Unfortunately..
I am merely stating that some concrete response would be nice, either AOR or send the application back.
Won't say I have luxury of time but I would rather know how things stand and move ahead with next steps than being stuck with no information.
Again, I am speaking for myself alone. Hopefully my comment won't offend anyone.

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
I am merely stating that some concrete response would be nice, either AOR or send the application back.
Won't say I have luxury of time but I would rather know how things stand and move ahead with next steps than being stuck with no information.
Again, I am speaking for myself alone. Hopefully my comment won't offend anyone.
At least you submitted in March. We submitted in February, and are still waiting. Even some January applicants are waiting for their AOR.

Reactions: nicolass

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
Sent my application on in first week of March, received there on March 13th. Received AOR on September 1st via email.

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
If I were you, I would have sent another application... Cost of resending the application is still less than waiting for an year...
I think they have a policy against duplicate submission, if not, this will not be a bad idea.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
At least you submitted in March. We submitted in February, and are still waiting. Even some January applicants are waiting for their AOR.
Don’t wait! We need to act! AoR must be issued based on date that an application received. If it’s not complete then they should return it immediately if it’s complete then they must issue AOR. May applicants already received theirs and some left behind. I have sent webform and email to CIO Sydney. I will contact my local mp next week. If no updates then I know a good lawyer as I am not going to wait indefinitely.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Don’t wait! We need to act! AoR must be issued based on date that an application received. If it’s not complete then they should return it immediately if it’s complete then they must issue AOR. May applicants already received theirs and some left behind. I have sent webform and email to CIO Sydney. I will contact my local mp next week. If no updates then I know a good lawyer as I am not going to wait indefinitely.
Sadly, I'm not sure there's much that lawyers or even MPs can do. Keep in mind that a lot of this is due to the unions. Lots of agents want to go back to work, but the unions keep saying it's too dangerous. With the second covid wave already here, I'm not sure the unions will change their mind anytime soon. It's very sad.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Sadly, I'm not sure there's much that lawyers or even MPs can do. Keep in mind that a lot of this is due to the unions. Lots of agents want to go back to work, but the unions keep saying it's too dangerous. With the second covid wave already here, I'm not sure the unions will change their mind anytime soon. It's very sad.
Unions speak on behalf of the employees, it does not make any sense if lots of agents want to go back to work and unions won't allow them.
in fact from the article below you can read:

OTTAWA -- The president of one of Canada’s major federal public sector unions is calling on the federal government to continue to invest in work-at-home infrastructure, saying employees are “really, really nervous” about potentially returning to the office due to COVID-19.

So agents are too scared to resume in person work and unions are backing them up and not the other way around.
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/federal-employees-really-nervous-about-returning-to-office-during-pandemic-pipsc-1.5083160

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Do you really thinks it’s because your app assigned to someone that is on leave!! I don’t think that’s the case and shouldn’t be the case. Since they have been issued AOR until end if May, there should be a reason that they skipped some. I know based on my PR application that MPs are not helpful but still they follow up which is better than nothing. Regrading lawyers, trust me they are pretty useful but we need to spend money.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Unions speak on behalf of the employees, it does not make any sense if lots of agents want to go back to work and unions won't allow them.
in fact from the article below you can read:

OTTAWA -- The president of one of Canada’s major federal public sector unions is calling on the federal government to continue to invest in work-at-home infrastructure, saying employees are “really, really nervous” about potentially returning to the office due to COVID-19.

So agents are too scared to resume in person work and unions are backing them up and not the other way around.
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/federal-employees-really-nervous-about-returning-to-office-during-pandemic-pipsc-1.5083160
Interesting! The version I had been told painted unions as the bad guys not letting agents go back to work. Very interesting...

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
When are expecting to see IP for march applicants? I am noticing 3 IPs (probably urgent cases). Any hope for this year?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
You won't until all the AOR sending and IP are completed from previous months.
If I recall correctly, it used to take 3 months to receive AOR under normal circumstances. Do you think they will go as far as June AORs before starting on IPs?

LodFresa

Jun 22, 2017
Given how lot of people have not got AoR or rejection but applied long back like say March and seeing how people who applied in July getting AoR, makes me think that the system is flawed or rigged. I honestly cannot see how they wont answer (Accept or Reject) an March application, but go straight to July application and provide an answer........

Too bad we cant question it either. GG