+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
Does anyone know how long a returned application takes on average to get to the applicant? Just wondering if an application is returned, how long before you get it in the mail?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Does anyone know how long a returned application takes on average to get to the applicant? Just wondering if an application is returned, how long before you get it in the mail?
3-4 days. Could be longer during busy times like Christmas or when Canada Post is working at reduced capacity like COVID.

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
3-4 days. Could be longer during busy times like Christmas or when Canada Post is working at reduced capacity like COVID.
Thank you. Really scary honestly and I am tried of the waiting game; application received since February and all we hear is cricket noise.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
What can we do but wait? It's so unfair that applications are not processed on FCFS basis but random. I didn't know IRCC can get so disorganize in their work structure.
Yep just wait and wait and wait and wait and wait .......................

FCFS is a logical and simple process but why would they follow that? Disorganized and chaos is the best way to work which seems to be the business goal of IRCC. They are on May AORs now I think and I won't be surprised if they start June and then July and then August and so on while older months keep counting the stars in the sky.

citzjan2020

Jan 25, 2020
Yep just wait and wait and wait and wait and wait .......................

FCFS is a logical and simple process but why would they follow that? Disorganized and chaos is the best way to work which seems to be the business goal of IRCC. They are on May AORs now I think and I won't be surprised if they start June and then July and then August and so on while older months keep counting the stars in the sky.
does this mean that test dates would be decided baaed on AOR date and not App received date?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Really scary honestly and I am tried of the waiting game; application received since February and all we hear is cricket noise.
If I were you, I would have sent another application... Cost of resending the application is still less than waiting for an year...

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
does this mean that test dates would be decided baaed on AOR date and not App received date?
Once your application moves from AOR to In Process, that means that it gets sent to your local IRCC office. They are the ones who will schedule your test. As such, this will depend on how local offices will be handling this once we start seeing applications move to In Process and tests re-start (as I understand that they're just not scheduling new tests right now, only re-tests). Before covid, it was probably based on when they received each application. With these delays, however, it is possible that they will schedule them based on the month people applied when the time comes.

In short, I don't think we can really know how local offices will be scheduling tests :\ The bad news is that the second wave has already started, so it is quite possible that IRCC unions will force the officers to stop working again. It's a very sad situation.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Canada Post with tracking. The day you mail the application, it starts the process and you need to keep the mailing receipt, just for your own peace of mind. And if you need to request help from your MP.
Can MPs really do anything, though? They don't seem to have any pull in IRCC whatsoever :(

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
If I were you, I would have sent another application... Cost of resending the application is still less than waiting for an year...
I really hope IP is not based on AOR dates but on App sent dates. If it is not, it will be unfair to people who are still waiting for AOR let alone IP. It is already unfair as it is, and this will our more oil in the fire.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the location of applicant has any weight ? I guess large jurisdictions with more applicants take longer time. This must be a logical reasoning. Any feed back ???
No idea at all, we are not hearing from provinces with zero or less covid cases...

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no AOR.
App delivered March 6.
I rather have my application returned and money refunded than being stuck in a limbo.
I would prefer to apply again once covid situations gets better.

Reactions: rafzy

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Still no AOR.
App delivered March 6.
I rather have my application returned and money refunded than being stuck in a limbo.
I would prefer to apply again once covid situations gets better.
Pankaj, You're Very fortunate/lucky to have luxury of time! Not everyone in the similar situation Unfortunately..