+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi all,
Just found this thread, but you can add me to the list:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 2, 2020.
Application is for just me (single), physical presence was about 10 days over the minimum. I'm in Toronto.

Quite frustrated that it's taking so long since I requested expedited processing for employment-related reasons. It seems that request was ignored.
Did you receive the AOR (#2 in the list) on Aug-21?

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Congrats too all who received AOR so far!!! Hoping the rest of us get it soon as well. I see they are still at last week of March, if only they were working faster.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Hello
How do we know if application got returned if you changed address after submitting it. My application was recieved on 16 March and no AOR yet so I am just concerned
I have similar situation. I sent a webform regarding my address change. It takes 5 business days if your application is in the system. If its not, then they don't care. Apparently even with new address, sometimes they can and will send applications to the old address if not received on time. I was told to keep an eye on the old address if returned as well as new. They can't tell you if it was returned either or maybe it was received and just not opened yet.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
I have similar situation. I sent a webform regarding my address change. It takes 5 business days if your application is in the system. If its not, then they don't care. Apparently even with new address, sometimes they can and will send applications to the old address if not received on time. I was told to keep an eye on the old address if returned as well as new. They can't tell you if it was returned either or maybe it was received and just not opened yet.
Do you know if making an address change after AOR/ECAS delays the process? I don't know if I can move (within the same city) or if I should wait until it's at my local office.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Do you know if making an address change after AOR/ECAS delays the process? I don't know if I can move (within the same city) or if I should wait until it's at my local office.
I don't think it delays the process. They always ask for updated information to have on file in case they need to verify it.

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
I changed the address both through webform and phone even today I called but application not showing yet. I am so stressed if it was returned to old address as I set up mail forwarding to new address but apparently if not returned so it is taking longer not sure what is going on

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
I changed the address both through webform and phone even today I called but application not showing yet. I am so stressed if it was returned to old address as I set up mail forwarding to new address but apparently if not returned so it is taking longer not sure what is going on
I am in the same dilemma as well. I don't have access to the older address. So I am not sure if my application was returned or not. If I don't hear anything by October end, I am planning to resend my application again just as a back up. I don't see any other way around it. I know it will be another 8 months wait but patience is the key here I guess.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same dilemma as well. I don't have access to the older address. So I am not sure if my application was returned or not. If I don't hear anything by October end, I am planning to resend my application again just as a back up. I don't see any other way around it. I know it will be another 8 months wait but patience is the key here I guess.
Guess they will have at-least that comment associated with applicant's UCI #.
So dont' worry.. with IRCC, no news is good news

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
See below from the IRCC website. Do not expect Canada post to forward your citizenship application if IRCC returnes it.

Note: Canada Post’s Mail Forwarding Service does not forward parcels and a citizenship application package is considered a parcel. If we need to return your application package to you because it is incomplete, the package will be returned to us instead of being forwarded to the address you have indicated with Canada Post. If your application package is returned to us by Canada Post, it will not be processed.

msherifz

Sep 9, 2020
Hi everyone. Just found this thread. I sent my application on March 2 through Canada Post expedited shipping and was supposed to arrive on March 6. I never got a delivery confirmation, and after weeks of investigation, I was told that my application was placed in a container that was delivered as one shipment and therefore there was no delivery signature (which I paid for :rolleyes:).
Assuming it was actually delivered, is there a way to inquire with the IRCC to see if it is there? Cause so far I have not received an AOR.

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
Guess they will have at-least that comment associated with applicant's UCI #.
So dont' worry.. with IRCC, no news is good news
I asked the agent in phone about that he mentioned they don't write return note since the application considered not processed he advised to send another application but not now when the system in IRCC confirmed they are processing applications after January 14 but for now I should wait

Deep singh dhillon

Aug 15, 2020
I asked the agent in phone about that he mentioned they don't write return note since the application considered not processed he advised to send another application but not now when the system in IRCC confirmed they are processing applications after January 14 but for now I should wait
did you missed any documents..can one send new application to cic without returning old parcel

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
did you missed any documents..can one send new application to cic without returning old parcel
I didn't miss anything just my fear of changing the address and possiblity of application returned since they are sending AOR to end of March and I guess yes you can send another application but agent advised to wait