Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
This is probably true, unless IRCC decides to go virtual for the whole process. If they'll wait for a vaccine in order to resume tests/interviews/oaths, it will be a long time, sadly. A co-worker got his citizenship in 8 months 3 years ago, but his wife has been waiting on a test/interview date since she got AOR in February. That is 7 months thus far :\
Seems, there is plausible argument that there would be a second wave of COVID coming soon. If virtualization is not out soon, waiting time will be outside any reasonable expectations.

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Chill out. Now, we know applications are stamped to date when they received it. The clock starts from there and ends in 12 months from that date. So, AOR is not a significant step in this one. I have seen people getting AORs faster and then they wait longer and people who get AORs slower and then they move the application swiftly. Post COVID world, we should expect IRCC to give us a decision on the application in ~1 year and 4-6 months..
Agreed! However knowing that there was no mistakes from our side in terms of providing them all the information required and to confirm that we are in the game; AOR is a first and biggest milestone. Of-course we have to have lot of patience especially in COVID time.

@Xliliax, Applicants from previous month didn't receive AOR yet. So compared to them you must be happy.

kamil123

Aug 29, 2018
Got My AOR today.

App Sent: March 9th. 2020
App Type: 2 applicant
Physical Presence: 1250
AOR: Sep 1st

houhou1987

Aug 23, 2020
I do not think there is any logic or any predictability in regard to the way they process the applications. I have sent mine on March 3rd and they received it on March 7th. Still I have not received any answer. I saw that there are people who sent their application after me ended up getting their AOR before me. It is just unpredictable and weird!

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
I do not think there is any logic or any predictability in regard to the way they process the applications. I have sent mine on March 3rd and they received it on March 7th. Still I have not received any answer. I saw that there are people who sent their application after me ended up getting their AOR before me. It is just unpredictable and weird!
Yes I agree actually. My application was received march 9 and still nada. God knows if and when I will receive mine. I guess its all about luck at this point! Some of us could be waiting for months before receiving anything at all really.

Reactions: Xliliax

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Wow! I guess by 15th of September they will start April 2020 AORs.

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
I believe that it maybe they have some kind of sorting by city from which applications are sent

Reactions: Xliliax

Xliliax

Jan 5, 2018
Montreal
Category........
Other
Thank you all for the replies. I am trying to chill, I promise! Haha but i need the peace of mind that they received everything in order. With all the already expected delays, a returned application would be very disappointing. Here’s to hoping we all get our aors soon!

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Thank you all for the replies. I am trying to chill, I promise! Haha but i need the peace of mind that they received everything in order. With all the already expected delays, a returned application would be very disappointing. Here’s to hoping we all get our aors soon!
Did you send your application through courier or PO box? I sent through courier but I realized I just addressed it as "CPC-Sydney" and did not mention "Citizenship Grants" on the envelope. Not sure if that makes any difference!