March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help with this.. I tried to research myself.

before sponsoring my husband he applied for refugee claimant and was awaiting his court. He had a work permit and before applying for refugee claimant he had a student visa. On the application using the calculator it doesn’t give me option of including refugee claimant for the roughly 1 year time frame that he waited for a work permit.

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
I sent my application today, March 9th, and should arrive there by the end of this week.

@GokulGuruprasad can you kindly add me to the March 2020 spreadsheet.

App Sent: March 9, 2020
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1780 days

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
I sent my application today, March 9th, and should arrive there by the end of this week.

@GokulGuruprasad can you kindly add me to the March 2020 spreadsheet.

Physical presence: 1780 days
Added you to the tracking sheet.

Reactions: linsahoo

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hi guys. My family (wife, 2 kids) and I will apply for citizenship this month. I have some preliminary questions. I would be happy if you guys help me get them answered.
1) According to the document checklist, the conformation of PR or PR-card copies are nor required. Is that true? Don't we need to add any document which confirms our PR status?
2) Fees receipt: I will pay the fees for me and my wife over credit card. How can I get a receipt? Could you give me some tips regarding the payment? How did you guys do it?
3) Citizenship photos: is there a difference between citizenship photos and passport photos? Does the photographer know the criteria when we say we need citizenship photos?
4) Online physical presence calculator: do I get a print out or is there something like an online submission? I have no idea how to do it. Could you explain it briefly?
5) My passport is expired in January 2020. I don't want to extend it because I will not travel outside of Canada. I found some info saying one can apply with expired passport as well with an explanation letter. Can you confirm this?

I'd be very glad if you could help. :)
Thanks in advance and good luck for you guys all!

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi guys. My family (wife, 2 kids) and I will apply for citizenship this month. I have some preliminary questions. I would be happy if you guys help me get them answered.
1) According to the document checklist, the conformation of PR or PR-card copies are nor required. Is that true? Don't we need to add any document which confirms our PR status?
2) Fees receipt: I will pay the fees for me and my wife over credit card. How can I get a receipt? Could you give me some tips regarding the payment? How did you guys do it?
3) Citizenship photos: is there a difference between citizenship photos and passport photos? Does the photographer know the criteria when we say we need citizenship photos?
4) Online physical presence calculator: do I get a print out or is there something like an online submission? I have no idea how to do it. Could you explain it briefly?
5) My passport is expired in January 2020. I don't want to extend it because I will not travel outside of Canada. I found some info saying one can apply with expired passport as well with an explanation letter. Can you confirm this?

I'd be very glad if you could help. :)
Thanks in advance and good luck for you guys all!
1. No, only submit what they ask for and required.
2. pay by credit card for 04 applications together, and print out 4 copies, attach with each application.
3. check photos requirements, printout bring with you and show to where you will take photos, normally, most passport photos services know what size for citizenship application.
4. printout, no online submission.
5. not sure but you will need your current valid passport for ID right? Better apply for new passport before you send application, if you dont want anything may make your citizenship application process to be delayed.

hope these will help.

Reactions: zstream

Am-I-Ineligible

Aug 27, 2015
I sent my application today via Fedex next day delivery, please add me to the Excel

Physical presence: 1097 days

kamil123

Aug 29, 2018
Mailed my application and my daughter application today.
Please add me to the spreadsheet.

App Sent: March 9th. 2020
App Type: 2 applicant
Physical Presence: 1250
Name: Kamil

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Is it okay to include a cover letter with the application?, in case we need to explain something i.e. police certificates etc.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Mailed my application and my daughter application today.
Please add me to the spreadsheet.

App Sent: March 9th. 2020
App Type: 2 applicant
Physical Presence: 1250
Name: Kamil
Added you to the tracking sheet

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......