+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Can anyone please help / advise how do I scan passport pages below 5MB size and attached. Step by step guidance will be highly obliged.

elangab

Aug 14, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Can anyone please help / advise how do I scan passport pages below 5MB size and attached. Step by step guidance will be highly obliged.

I used 3 free applications to do that, which I use daily anyway.

1. I scanned with "Paint.net" and saved as PNG full quality.

2. I used "Irfanview" to batch convert the PNG to lower quality JPEG files (while keeping the PNG as backup). To do so, just load the first image, and press "B", it will load the conversion screen. Add all files, and set as JPEG and under options for the format pick quality ~40. Once you see the screen it'll make sense.

3. I then used "PDF Shaper Free" to convert all JPEG files to one PDF file.

Each passport was about 2MB in size, you can change the JPEG quality up/down to your likeness.

Have fun!

Links

Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing (getpaint.net)
IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide
PDF Software for Windows and Free PDF Tools - PDF Shaper

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I did my fingerprints on September 1st 2021, how long does it take for the results to be sent to IRCC? I haven't seen any updates in the Citizenship Application Tracker.
For me, it took about 4 weeks for IRCC to update the tracker saying that they have received the fingerprints results.

Reactions: VUPtoYOW

sjakhiyyz

May 7, 2020
Some updates, reside in BC. (2+minor)

15.3.20 - Application sent
14.9.20 - Application filed
26.1.21 - Background check completed
30.7.21 - Got test notification
11.8.21 - Took, and passed, test
17.9.21 - Got an email asking for scans of all passports

Two question regarding the passport scans -

1. I don't see the passport scans request on the website, is that for you as well ? Just want to make sure email is not a scam.
2. I have 4 passports from that period, those of you with multiple ones - did you send all of them combined as one file, or 1 PDF per passport ?

Thanks!
Hi,
I'm from Ontario and I got the notification for the test and request for passport scans together in ONE email. In order to keep it simple and the file size requirements consistent (max 5MB for all your passports, I have 3), I will be scanning them ALL in one file and sending it over today.
Good luck!

Reactions: elangab

sjakhiyyz

May 7, 2020
I got the one week free trial of Adobe Acrobat which allows you to do EVERYTHING with your PDFs. Will be cancelling the trial this week now that the work is done :)

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Exact 2 months since the application is in DM.
No clue about the OATHHHHHHH!! :(

• Sad
Reactions: idoit and VictorCA

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
I used 3 free applications to do that, which I use daily anyway.

1. I scanned with "Paint.net" and saved as PNG full quality.

2. I used "Irfanview" to batch convert the PNG to lower quality JPEG files (while keeping the PNG as backup). To do so, just load the first image, and press "B", it will load the conversion screen. Add all files, and set as JPEG and under options for the format pick quality ~40. Once you see the screen it'll make sense.

3. I then used "PDF Shaper Free" to convert all JPEG files to one PDF file.

Each passport was about 2MB in size, you can change the JPEG quality up/down to your likeness.

Have fun!

Links

Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing (getpaint.net)
IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide
PDF Software for Windows and Free PDF Tools - PDF Shaper
Thank you for your reply. My last question is this; Do I have to attach to the email one by one or I have it make one pdf file ??

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
I was able to scan all copies of my passport (I have only 1 for last 5 years), but still less than 5mb tho.. I didn't nothing to compress nor anything to reduce the size.

Nymphet28

Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any March 2020 applicants from Ottawa still waiting for the test?
Still waiting..not from Ottawa though..My local office is Mississauga...last update was in April showing Background Check was completed in January. Nothing since then.

Last edited:

elangab

Aug 14, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Thank you for your reply. My last question is this; Do I have to attach to the email one by one or I have it make one pdf file ??
For sure one PDF per passport, don't send a file for every page. If you have two or more passports, not sure what they're asking for but someone here recommended sending it as one file all combined, which makes sense and less chance of them losing/not noticing the other files.

akta

May 17, 2017
I see that several people have reached out to their MP. Just curious, has anyone received a response other than the canned "due to COVID/Afghanistan" response? I'm wondering if I should even try contacting mine.
Yes I did. "We will let you know when we will get response from IRCC" :p

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA