+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

psaini

Oct 1, 2017
I have a few questions about an email I received today from 'IRCC.DNCITVANTESTS-EXAMENSVANCITRN.IRCC' with a PDF attached stating the following.

'Dear [Name]

In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide an explanation. You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages. The required documents have to be sent within 30 calendar days from the date of this notice and by replying to this email. If necessary, you may be asked to present your original documents or other documents at a later date.
....'

1. Has anyone else received something similar?
2. They want me to respond to the email with the documents, is that how it works? I don't find it too safe over an email.
3. Does travel documents include work permit, study permit, PR card? anything else?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey Raj, I don’t see anything there as well when i click messages it just takes me to the thread where you and i had posted! Nothing else. I assume it should have a message pop/up kinda thing but nothing.
Well, I can see that I've already sent a DM. I re-verified it this morning as well to confirm its there.

When you click on the "Mail" icon to the right of your forum username, what do you see?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I have a few questions about an email I received today from 'IRCC.DNCITVANTESTS-EXAMENSVANCITRN.IRCC' with a PDF attached stating the following.

'Dear [Name]

In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or passport, please provide an explanation. You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages. The required documents have to be sent within 30 calendar days from the date of this notice and by replying to this email. If necessary, you may be asked to present your original documents or other documents at a later date.
....'

1. Has anyone else received something similar?
2. They want me to respond to the email with the documents, is that how it works? I don't find it too safe over an email.
3. Does travel documents include work permit, study permit, PR card? anything else?

Thanks

This is a passport request that many applicants have been getting. The sender's address is consistent with the emails other's have received (provided it ends with @cic.gc.ca).

There are no issues sending the requested copies.

You can also send documents using the IRCC Webform (see my signature for the link).

Reactions: psaini

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
All PR cards and work permits are not travel documents. Enter all your passports that were issued to you.

Examples of Travel documents are

• Refugee travel document
  • Certificate of identity for stateless persons
  • Emergency travel documents

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Well, I can see that I've already sent a DM. I re-verified it this morning as well to confirm its there.

When you click on the "Mail" icon to the right of your forum username, what do you see?
I see messages and reaction score but I don’t see your message there? It only shows the posts i made!

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Webform won't work. I have DM since Aug 11 (tho it's not even a month). I did a webform and nothing happened. Try connecting with your MP to see if you can get any update. I also wanted to travel so I just needed the oath date, but they are very slow :(

Did you try calling them?
Hi, you were with the Halifax office right? I was hoping you to receive an oath date after web form maybe I’ll submit one too. Did you send an email to MP, how can we know the contact details of the MP?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hi All,

I have submitted my US PCC with my application back on March 12th. I submitted it because it was close to 183 days(171 days in my case) but not more than 183 days if we subtract 4 years. This today came back to haunt me.
I got an email mentioning to submit original PCC instead of photocopy with my application. I have submitted my PCC original copy with the application and now not sure how to approach it. Anyone in similar situation?
What ended up happening in your situation with the FBI PCC?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Tell them that its original and they are also just printing in ordinary white paper which will look like photo copy but its original from fbi.
Tell that they changed the format couple of years ago. Explain that 4-5 years ago it was different.

This is the problem with these old school guys who are not up to date. Either they should know or they should be trusting us. Both dont happen due to rogue cic officers.

Worst case option: Apply now and get a new one, i think it comes within a month nowadays. Submit them without even opening the envelope.

Now, i am not sure if its going to haunt me too as i too submitted it with my application.

Was it accepted or did you run into any issues with your FBI PCC?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Was it accepted or did you run into any issues with your FBI PCC?
Accepted AOR and no issues yet. I have to wait till DM stage.
Look, both look same hence its a can go either way even if we provide original.
May be one should submit with the unopened envelope itself - I am thinking to do that if they ask me.

Reactions: Mthornt

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Accepted AOR and no issues yet. I have to wait till DM stage.
Look, both look same hence its a can go either way even if we provide original.
May be one should submit with the unopened envelope itself - I am thinking to do that if they ask me.

Thanks for the response. Agreed, I couldn't find any difference between the two.

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
April 23rd last update and background cleared on January 20th. Since , nothing.
I lost any hope as patient is gone long time ago.

can-app

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017
In my application history, it says as below. But I have not received any email notice yet.

Does CIC send it via email ?

I am afraid if I deleted the email from spam etc.

Application history

• Sep 3, 2021

Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on September 24, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
In my application history, it says as below. But I have not received any email notice yet.

Does CIC send it via email ?

I am afraid if I deleted the email from spam etc.

Application history

• Sep 3, 2021

Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on September 24, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
You will get it few days before your oath

Reactions: can-app