+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

gen_z

May 23, 2018
This is just crazy! I just sent a web form and you do that as well. If I don’t hear anything I’m gonna start my protest in front of IRCC Calgary. I am so sick of this.
Thanks, yah, it's starting to get a little frustrating, I not too sure what is going on. Do you know what can we expect as a response to the webform request? Many thanks and hope yours gets an update soon as well.

ketti

Feb 23, 2021
Oath changes to in progress one you have been assigned a date on the tracker
I checked my Status on August 30th and it said , oath is in progress you're scheduled to take the oath on September 17th, I checked it today( August 31st) and the message that scheduled my oath date disappeared and the oath status is still in progress. Is it normal? does something go wrong? anybody experience this?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I checked my Status on August 30th and it said , oath is in progress you're scheduled to take the oath on September 17th, I checked it today( August 31st) and the message that scheduled my oath date disappeared and the oath status is still in progress. Is it normal? does something go wrong? anybody experience this?
That means that they cancelled the ceremony on that day

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Thanks, yah, it's starting to get a little frustrating, I not too sure what is going on. Do you know what can we expect as a response to the webform request? Many thanks and hope yours gets an update soon as well.
I don’t wanna make assumptions really as anything can happen.. Hoping to get an answer. You sent a web form request too right? When did you send it? Thanks, I hope we get out of these torturing times soon.

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
my citizenship status got updated on Aug 2021 to
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on February 1, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
February 2022.. Which office is that?

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
They never mentioned the reason for the interview but I was told to keep all the original documents that I submitted with the application handy i.e. birth certificate, proof of language and passports. The officer asked me to show two pieces of identification. I think I showed her my Canadian driving license and the PR card. She then requested me to show the Bio pages of the passports I held within the 5 years eligibility period. Finally, she picked random pages from both the passport based on the copies of visa pages that I provided to them earlier through email and asked me to show the original visa stamps in the passport. Both the visa that she selected were in foreign language i.e. Arabic and Spanish, and she was fine with it. She did not asked for the translation of the visa pages.
did they confirm status of your application or seen decision made ?

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
my citizenship status got updated on Aug 2021 to
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on February 1, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
September, October, November, December, January and February....... Holy Moly.

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
that is fine...but before reaching out to the MP, send a webform and keep it short and sweet. give it another week (1).
I just got a very very quick response from them after I had sent the web form a few days ago! It was the exact copy of their webpage saying that because of Afghanistan they can’t do this can’t do that can’t hurry can’t go up can’t go down can’t open the door can’t close the door, I think you guys got the idea eh? They thanked me for contacting and said “PLEASE DON’T REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL” in bold letters, very very bold ones ehuheuehhahehahaha:) Ahhh okay yeah

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes thats sad, it will be almost 2 years
It will be almost 2 years by Feb 2022? That's actually good given the current delay. My application has already been 2 years, and I haven't received any update regarding the oath, which I assume will be later than Feb 2022, which means 6+ more months to go :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: sshet02

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
They never mentioned the reason for the interview but I was told to keep all the original documents that I submitted with the application handy i.e. birth certificate, proof of language and passports. The officer asked me to show two pieces of identification. I think I showed her my Canadian driving license and the PR card. She then requested me to show the Bio pages of the passports I held within the 5 years eligibility period. Finally, she picked random pages from both the passport based on the copies of visa pages that I provided to them earlier through email and asked me to show the original visa stamps in the passport. Both the visa that she selected were in foreign language i.e. Arabic and Spanish, and she was fine with it. She did not asked for the translation of the visa pages.
Thanks for the reply