+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

sonhdalal

Sep 12, 2014
Hi All, is it normal to get a phone call for an oath date? I received a call and I was told the system will be updating either today or tomorrow with my scheduled oath on Aug 25!
Can someone update the tracker please? My tracker got updated today, however I did not get the email hopefully I get it before my oath date on Wednesday

NovaScotiaMarch2020

Star Member
May 24, 2021
@novascotia27 @HeidiA @NovaScotiaMarch2020 @missbreizh My ECAS changed to Decision Made a week ago too (Halifax). It is a ghost update as when I click on it no new line is added. I hope we receive some new updates. It'd have been nice if I could vote in this early-called election but I don't think there's any chance.

It's been a tough ride with CIC, especially with Halifax office being so sluggish. I'd say after all of this marathoNS is over, it'd be a nice to meet-up in person for a get-together/hike for congrats etc.
Great idea! :) Shall we offer IRCC to book us a ceremony for all? We set up our own ceremony group, please book the ceremony? Saves time for all? :D

• Haha
Reactions: idoit

Xliliax

Jan 5, 2018
Montreal
Category........
Other
Well, I’m here to have my regular rant: no movement in the Montreal office still…!
And also to send congrats to all the people who are getting their oath ceremonies scheduled!

• Sad
Reactions: NovaScotiaMarch2020

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Suddenly received oath ceremony invitation next Wednesday August 25th - now I have a flight out of the country on September 18th, am I be able to make it?
I think you can make it. Ask IRCC to let you pick up your Citizenship Certificate OR mail it over to you urgently. So you can apply for a urgent passport.

Reactions: doodle26

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Suddenly received oath ceremony invitation next Wednesday August 25th - now I have a flight out of the country on September 18th, am I be able to make it?
Yes. At the end of the ceremony, request the clerk to expedite your citizenship certificate. Once you have the certificate, apply for Express pickup for passport (you have to apply in person).

Last edited:
Reactions: doodle26

gregbro

Sep 10, 2020
Hi, ecas says "Decision Made" but tracker is showing "Citizenship Oath" Not Started for 1 month. This is nerve-wracking. Does recent address change on ecas affects this?

Nouriddine

Jul 17, 2021
Hello everyone,
I just took the test while outside of Canada, will be back home in a few weeks, heard that when they know you are outside they consider your application as complex, is that true? I am outside of Canada for a family emergency. Is there a delay in processing your request because of this? thanks a lot

hello I repost my questions beacause I did not get an answer... if someone has an idea it will be cool :)

Riddh

Sep 14, 2017
Congratulations! I've updated the spreadsheet.

You'll receive an email about a week or two before the oath ceremony that will tell you in great detail what you have to do before, during and after the ceremony. Please post an update once you receive the oath invite email.

Here's the contents o the oath letter that I received.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/contents-of-the-oath-ceremony-letter-received-via-email-and-discussion.741117/
Hello Admin,

I have received oath invite email today.

DarkKnight1971

Aug 22, 2016
My status has been updated to "You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on August 24, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you." However, I did not receive any email with detail instruction yet (checked spam email as well). How about others ? Do they email you right on the day of interview? Also is the interview virtual?

Last edited: