AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Reactions: gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
From Montreal here… I already had my test in mid april, but the last update in my file is also april 23. 3 1/2 months since my test and no citizenship oath invitation… I think they haven’t done much since late April in the Montreal office….
Also from the Montreal office here, I completed my test in March and nothing has happened since then.

The last update on my file was also April 23rd, I think thats when they moved the files to the new system, so it probably doesnt mean much.

Apparently, the entire Quebec only has a single office processing the applications, compared to 3 offices in Ontario.. I dont think anything is going to happen within a short time period, Im hoping to get DM by end of the year ..

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Also from the Montreal office here, I completed my test in March and nothing has happened since then.

The last update on my file was also April 23rd, I think thats when they moved the files to the new system, so it probably doesnt mean much.

Apparently, the entire Quebec only has a single office processing the applications, compared to 3 offices in Ontario.. I dont think anything is going to happen within a short time period, Im hoping to get DM by end of the year ..
Doesnt matter on number of offices as long as workers are available at office without using 699 code.
Its already backed up to Dec for oath dates.
This year too is becoming a roller coaster like last year on whether our files will move to next stage or not.

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA and gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Doesnt matter on number of offices as long as workers are available at office without using 699 code.
Its already backed up to Dec for oath dates.
This year too is becoming a roller coaster like last year on whether our files will move to next stage or not.
Yah, it is a little frustrating, but I guess there is not much that we could do.

I dont think anyone from the Montreal office that applied in 2020 is scheduled for an oath, seems like they are working on the 2019 applicants...

Im guessing it will probably be next year.. it's kind of annoying, but nothing can be done.

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Yah, it is a little frustrating, but I guess there is not much that we could do.

I dont think anyone from the Montreal office that applied in 2020 is scheduled for an oath, seems like they are working on the 2019 applicants...

Im guessing it will probably be next year.. it's kind of annoying, but nothing can be done.
Montreal is fast than other ones on number of applications being finished but some gets stuck for sure.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I agree...as this will mean they are being held accountable by MP, which is never going to happen!
IRCC designed rules to be vague for their own benefit to do whatever they want without being held accountable by anyone. The only way to have something effective, is to change the rules and make them more clear so IRCC cannot maneuver as they wish. I think IRCC officers enjoy too much power to delay files as they wish without any explanation and justifications.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
IRCC designed rules to be vague for their own benefit to do whatever they want without being held accountable by anyone. The only way to have something effective, is to change the rules and make them more clear so IRCC cannot maneuver as they wish. I think IRCC officers enjoy too much power to delay files as they wish without any explanation and justifications.
I agree. The agents are also very bossy. Like one agent said, I called them several times and I shouldn't. I was like, dude I paid for it and I am just asking for an update for my application and not asking for your money lol...

HeidiA

Aug 4, 2021
I agree. The agents are also very bossy. Like one agent said, I called them several times and I shouldn't. I was like, dude I paid for it and I am just asking for an update for my application and not asking for your money lol...
Yep, that is why I have been told not to call or ask and just wait... but its just too frustrating..

Xliliax

Jan 5, 2018
Montreal
Category........
Other

funnily enough, I got the DM within a week after the test, but no updates since…. I am still hopeful of an oath ceremony this year but not holding my breath

Mitmit

Sep 27, 2017
Hi everyone
After two and a half months I got this email.
Today I got an email from CIC saying that they could not accept my test results. An invitation will be sent to you to attend the test retake and an interview with Citizenship officer for the invalidation of test results administration will done via microsoft team.

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
I don`t know maybe we should request statistics from the government on how many files are processed per month in Halifax CIC in 2021 as part of freedom of information? Or ask Ian Ranking during a press conference instead of drunk diriving charges and further covid restrictions :D I don`t know I ran out of ideas, we already filled a web form and got the standard response due to covid etc. But no movement for 4 months considering in total it`s getting close to 1,5 years is a bit off.
You don't need to request ATIP to find information about how many applications they are processing. Unfortunately they give information about all offices. Here in open government.
https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/9b34e712-513f-44e9-babf-9df4f7256550

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

I was hoping to get DM by the end of the year, but based on this pace, I think it's more realistic to expect it by the end of the 1st quarter of 2022. I am not sure why Quebec has one office. Many applicants apply from Montreal, the 2nd largest city in Canada. It just doesn't make sense :confused:

Reactions: gen_z

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone
After two and a half months I got this email.
Today I got an email from CIC saying that they could not accept my test results. An invitation will be sent to you to attend the test retake and an interview with Citizenship officer for the invalidation of test results administration will done via microsoft team.
What was the status of your test in the tracker during this time between when you took the test, and when you received the email?