+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello folks. Has there been any activity interms of AOR, in process, interview, decisions etc for time period between 15 - March-2020 to 15 apr-2020? Has there been total inactivity from the IRCCs end interms of processing citizenship applications?
None of the Feb 2020 folks received any AOR yet, so we need to wait till June.

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Hello,
1.If i have completed 3 years in canada but my kid 3 years old have completed 1.5 years in canada , can i still apply for him with me at the same time or he has to complete 3 years in canada to apply ??
2.Is ielts test required while applying for citizenship or how to prove language profieciency ??

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
1.If i have completed 3 years in canada but my kid 3 years old have completed 1.5 years in canada , can i still apply for him with me at the same time or he has to complete 3 years in canada to apply ??
2.Is ielts test required while applying for citizenship or how to prove language profieciency ??
1. I would say your kid would have to be here in Canada for 3 years just as an adult.
2. If you have taken any kind of English test such as IELTS, CELPIP or any other test, you should be ok. Or if you have been to the school or college in Canada, that should also work. But If you have none, then I would say you need some kind of English test.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello,
(1) Your child can apply with you and they dont need to meet the residency requirement as they are minor

(2) When applying for PR if you have taken IELTS then you can just attach the copy of IELTS with citizenship application, if you dont have one then you can attach your secondary school certificate which shows the medium of instruction was in English.

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
Please use the following format, so that you can be added to Spreadsheet -

Presence: ? days
App Sent: XX-Mar-2020
Received: XX-Mar-2020
Family application
Days of presence: 1103
App Sent: March 12 2020
App received: March 16 2020

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Canadian parliament has started holding virtual parliamentary sessions. There was also a virtual oath ceremony (special case) held a few weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if virtual oaths will be held for masses by the end of this year.

Danny_T

Nov 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Admin,

Please Add below entry.

Name : Danny_T
App Type: Family (4)
Presence Days: 1138
App Sent: 05-Mar-2020
App Delivered: 09-Mar-2020
AOR: ???
ECAS In Progress: ???
Test Letter: ???
Test/Interview Date: ???
ECAS Decision Made: ???
Oath Letter Date: ???
Oath Date: ???

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hi Admin,

Please Add below entry.

Name : Danny_T
App Type: Family (4)
Presence Days: 1138
App Sent: 05-Mar-2020
App Delivered: 09-Mar-2020
AOR: ???
ECAS In Progress: ???
Test Letter: ???
Test/Interview Date: ???
ECAS Decision Made: ???
Oath Letter Date: ???
Oath Date: ???
Added

Digvijay Gaur

Aug 17, 2017
Hello All,
Hope everyone is keeping safe in these trying times!!
A newbie here, I'd sent out my single citizenship application on March 30 and it was received on April 3. I believe it is too early to presume an AOR- however, what could be an assumed timeline for receiving an AOR notification amidst the current Covid-19 crisis?
Also, I moved to a new address, in the same city after sending the application and I read on their website that I need to inform them of any changes, including address change but I cannot seem to do that as I do not have any case number yet? Am I missing out on anything here? Can I change my address before getting an AOR? if yes, can someone be kind enough to let me know the process?

Reactions: swordfish485

Via Rail

Aug 8, 2016
Good day Everyone, I need help with citizenship application for minor.
My kids passports expired last year and I couldn’t renew. Now I’m completing the application form and it requires the data page of their valid passport data page. But the passport has expired. What should I do please.
Should I just explain by writing to them? Will that be enough? Please help.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Good day Everyone, I need help with citizenship application for minor.
My kids passports expired last year and I couldn’t renew. Now I’m completing the application form and it requires the data page of their valid passport data page. But the passport has expired. What should I do please.
Should I just explain by writing to them? Will that be enough? Please help.

As per CIC, Expired passports are also considered as Valid passports, there was someone on this forum approached CIC in regards to this & she was told that she can use expired passport for the minor.

Reactions: Via Rail