App Received at CIC Sydney Mar-11-2020
App Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1100
Name: CdFaria

Thank You

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi guys,
I need your advice. I know that the duration of physical presence in Canada before the application for the Canadian citizenship should be at least 1095 days.
But I was advised to wait longer to make my application look better, with the goal of hopefuly this will make the process time of my application shorter and interview easier, maybe??

I am ready to mail my application, this Tuesday, but hesitating between doing it on March 31st which will correspond to 1103 days of physical presence, or waiting untill the first week of April, add another 7 days, so I will postpone mailing it until April 7th, to get 1110 days.
Is it really worth it to postpone mailing the application another week and send it in April instead of March?
Or does sending the application with a duration of physical presence less than 1100 days (but more than 1095) has an impact delaying the application processing time, delaying receiving invitation for the interview etc ...?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Mar 21, 2015
Hi Admin

Please add

App Sent to CIC Sydney: Mar-17-2020
App Received at CIC Sydney Mar-21-2020
App Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1096
Name: meetthemonster

Thank You

elangab

Aug 14, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Hi guys,
I need your advice. I know that the duration of physical presence in Canada before the application for the Canadian citizenship should be at least 1095 days.
But I was advised to wait longer to make my application look better, with the goal of hopefuly this will make the process time of my application shorter and interview easier, maybe??

I am ready to mail my application, this Tuesday, but hesitating between doing it on March 31st which will correspond to 1103 days of physical presence, or waiting untill the first week of April, add another 7 days, so I will postpone mailing it until April 7th, to get 1110 days.
Is it really worth it to postpone mailing the application another week and send it in April instead of March?
Or does sending the application with a duration of physical presence less than 1100 days (but more than 1095) has an impact delaying the application processing time, delaying receiving invitation for the interview etc ...?
I've yet to hear about an application being "better" because it has more days. What CIC do advice is to not mail it exactly when you hit 1095, just in case the calculation is a bit off. So I would wait just a little bit more, to add more days to the count, so it will be above 1095 for sure, and then mail it. 1110 days is 15 days more than the minimum, which is not bad as a safety cushion for the count. If your "Travel outside of Canada" is not too complex, I would mail it on the 7th, no worries.

Reactions: Imy2020

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi guys,

as soon as you can,,, remember now it will be slower because of the quarantine,,,

Reactions: Imy2020