+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Same here. Even background check is in progress. The funny thing is that I have valid clearance from the gov for 10 years and see most people background check is completed but min in progress!!!
I called IRCC again to corroborate the information and they told me that the tracker is still being updated so it might not reflect accurate information as of now. It would have been better to launch a fully working portal at a later date than launching it with incorrect or outdated information.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
I called IRCC again to corroborate the information and they told me that the tracker is still being updated so it might not reflect accurate information as of now. It would have been better to launch a fully working portal at a later date than launching it with incorrect or outdated information.
And here I am thinking they are finally abandoning the jurassic systems that they use to step up to something borderline efficient.

Whey

Dec 25, 2015
I just logged in into the new portal and it says my test is scheduled between April 23 and May 14 but I never received the invitation.
I also didn't get the email to create an account at this new portal.
I am calling them right now and will update.
Anybody in the same situation?

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
I just logged in into the new portal and it says my test is scheduled between April 23 and May 14 but I never received the invitation.
I called them again and they've told if I don't receive invite by Friday they'll escalate it and send it again during another call.

Whey

Dec 25, 2015
I called them again and they've told if I don't receive invite by Friday they'll escalate it and send it again during another call.
Thank you but your case is quite different. Friday is the last day I would be able to complete the test.

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
AR 2nd March 2020
AOR 19th Oct 2020
In Process 29th Oct 2020
Test Invite 21st April 2021
Test done 27th April 2021
Decision Made 10th May 2021
Waiting for Oath Ceremony.

On the new tracker, all the components have been completed but Oath Ceremony. And my ECAS is showing "Decision Made".

Reactions: novascotia27

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2020 - Citizenship Application
I thought FP request for Background check but it's not. My background check completed on Apr 14 but my FP result received on May 2nd.

What's the difference between Background and Prohibition?
Here's what Prohibitions mean,

Prohibitions
If you committed a crime in or outside Canada
  • you may not be eligible to become a Canadian citizen for a period of time
  • time spent serving a term of imprisonment, on parole, or on probation doesn’t count as time you’ve lived in Canada
Find out about situations that may prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen:
  • If you’re not sure whether the situations apply to you, contact your lawyer or arresting police officer.
  • Wait until the situation no longer applies before you apply for citizenship.
  • We’ll review your application on a case-by-case basis.
You may look at these links,
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1465&top=5
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html#prohibitions

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
exact same for me as well
Here's mine,

Language Skills - In progress
Physical presence - In progress
Citizenship test - Completed (test passed: April 23, 2021)
Background verification - Completed
Prohibitions - In progress
Citizenship ceremony - Not started

Then located on the upper right you will see when your file last updated, (Updated last April 26, 2021) and the new CAS might be accurate.

Whey

Dec 25, 2015
I just got off the phone with them. They told me the test was originally scheduled on April 19th, but then cancelled for some reason on April 20th, that is why I didn't get the invitation.
It is odd that it still shows on the new portal, but there is nothing they can do about it.
I just hope this doesn't delay my application even further.

• Sad
Reactions: VictorCA

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I just got off the phone with them. They told me the test was originally scheduled on April 19th, but then cancelled for some reason on April 20th, that is why I didn't get the invitation.
It is odd that it still shows on the new portal, but there is nothing they can do about it.
I just hope this doesn't delay my application even further.
I am in the same situation with the same dates. Have they talked about sending you another invite?

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Here's what Prohibitions mean,

Prohibitions
If you committed a crime in or outside Canada
  • you may not be eligible to become a Canadian citizen for a period of time
  • time spent serving a term of imprisonment, on parole, or on probation doesn’t count as time you’ve lived in Canada
Find out about situations that may prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen:
  • If you’re not sure whether the situations apply to you, contact your lawyer or arresting police officer.
  • Wait until the situation no longer applies before you apply for citizenship.
  • We’ll review your application on a case-by-case basis.
You may look at these links,
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1465&top=5
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html#prohibitions
isn't background also have the same description

Background
  • you’re in Canada
    • serving a term of imprisonment
    • on parole
    • on probation
  • you’re serving a sentence outside Canada
  • you’re charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence
    • under the Citizenship Act, or an indictable offence in Canada
    • committed outside Canada that’s equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada
  • you’re under a removal order (Canadian officials asked you to leave Canada)
  • you’re being investigated for, are charged with, on trial for, involved in an appeal for or have been convicted of
    • a war crime, or
    • a crime against humanity

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.

Background
  • you’re in Canada
    • on parole
    • on probation
  • you’re being investigated for, are charged with, on trial for, involved in an appeal for or have been convicted of
    • a war crime, or
Yeah.. :)

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020

Background
  • you’re in Canada
    • on parole
    • on probation
    • a war crime, or
Wonder why they are listing Prohibition and Background as separate. Maybe Security and Criminal stages renamed respectively?