+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>MARCH 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
They are still processing applications even with missing biometrics. They still can process your application without biometrics. Your application will be approved once you get your biometrics done or they might find another solution for this situation. I'm pretty sure IRCC is aware of this issue but yes, the government is busy with a more serious topic now.
Hopefully you are right , if they don't find a solution IRCC will end up with a huge backlog, imagine issuing ITA two times a month while you have most of AORs stuck at security stage, it would be unmanageable.

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Agree with @wjillm as well. Here is some more information

Immigration to Canada
DIVISION 0.01Biometric Information
Marginal note:Biometric information

10.01 A person who makes a claim, application or request under this Act must follow the procedures set out in the regulations for the collection and verification of biometric information, including procedures for the collection of further biometric information for verification purposes after a person’s claim, application or request is allowed or accepted.

https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#biometrics
Thank you for the information. As far as i understand, they use biometrics to identify you at the border (or later, when you are in Canada for some purpose). I have not found any mentions of biometrics check while processing the background. They request information from the police and security services, but i could not find a word about biometrics in this context.

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Hopefully you are right , if they don't find a solution IRCC will end up with a huge backlog, imagine issuing ITA two times a month while you have most of AORs stuck at security stage, it would be unmanageable.
That's why I'm not worried about it. It's not manageable in a long term, therefore, I think they'll come up with something.

Reactions: UniSaverH

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you for the information. As far as i understand, they use biometrics to identify you at the border (or later, when you are in Canada for some purpose). I have not found any mentions of biometrics check while processing the background. They request information from the police and security services, but i could not find a word about biometrics in this context.
You are correct bio metrics are used for verification, background check encompases crimainlity (PCC), info sharing and most importantly security screening. Applications will continue to be processed without biometrics though will be required eventually.

Reactions: UniSaverH

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
If we get a Passport Request, how long do we have to submit the passport? In case we are in the process of renewing a passport, it may take a month or two sometimes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If we get a Passport Request, how long do we have to submit the passport? In case we are in the process of renewing a passport, it may take a month or two sometimes.
When you get a request to submit the passport you get 30 days. However, if you do not have your passport, you can request for an extension. Get your passport renewed early if you can.

Reactions: jawad.915

ajay_kumar

Jan 30, 2019
1st March AOR
Medicals - 9th March
Biometrics- 13th March
fsw-outland
Got a webform rply today- criminality- valid
Security- not started
Eligibility- under process.
Medicals- valid
Should I raise a gcms ?

11CECapp

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Finally got an update today.
“we have received your additional documents” changed to “we are reviewing the additional documents you provided”. Additional doc was RCMP clearance. AOR Mar 3

DCSameep

Sep 20, 2019
Guys I have someone who works in Canadian embassy in Delhi-India so the update is that around 17 August VFS for canada is to be opened. This surely gives some hope.