+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

vipulchadda

Jan 15, 2019
Hyderabad, India
Hi everyone,

I received Ready for Visa email today!!!! (AOR March 15th, more details below).
I have a situation and need your advise. My wife got admission into University of Toronto and we applied for her Study permit which was approved. She is travelling on August 22nd with the study permit as we were not sure how long will the PR process would take. The email states that we should submit passports to New Delhi Visa Office or CPC Ottawa. Is it possible for me to submit my passport to New Delhi Visa Office and my wife submits her passport to Ottawa once she reaches next week? The main reason for the dilemma is that I've read that the average time to get the passports back is 2-3 weeks but she has to be in Canada at least 2 weeks before the start of her program starting on 9th of September.

My timeline and other details:
ITA - 30th January 2019 (FSW-O, India)
AOR - 15th March 2019
MEP/BIL - 30th April 2019
ADR and re medical request - 23rd July 2019 (Dependent biometrics confirmation - Gave biometrics for study permit which reflected in MyCIC account so did not give again)
Re medical - August 1st
Medical Passed - August 9th
Biometrics Client information sent - July 29th
2nd ADR - 9th July (Dependent biometric instruction letter)
Biometrics given - August 13th
PPR email - August 15th

Thanks,
Vipul Chadda

Tobinho

May 25, 2019
Why not reschedule her flight to Toronto to a future date? Like a month after? Just to be safe.
That way, you have enough time to get your COPR.

I'm no expert, I'm just saying what I would do if it were me. Another thing is to try contact CIC via phone call.
A PR is better than a student work permit.

Congratulations.
Hi everyone,

I have a situation and need your advise. My wife got admission into University of Toronto and we applied for her Study permit which was approved. She is travelling on August 22nd with the study permit as we were not sure how long will the PR process would take. The email states that we should submit passports to New Delhi Visa Office or CPC Ottawa. Is it possible for me to submit my passport to New Delhi Visa Office and my wife submits her passport to Ottawa once she reaches next week? The main reason for the dilemma is that I've read that the average time to get the passports back is 2-3 weeks but she has to be in Canada at least 2 weeks before the start of her program starting on 9th of September.

AOR - 15th March 2019
ADR and re medical request - 23rd July 2019 (Dependent biometrics confirmation - Gave biometrics for study permit which reflected in MyCIC account so did not give again)
Re medical - August 1st
PPR email - August 15th

Thanks,
Vipul Chadda

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Hi @Chefnimz , i just wanted to you if you sent any email directly to the visa office too or just raised a webform? Thanks.

My visa office was Edmonton too , I'm glad you got an agent that will send the request, I think that would really give them a push to respond ASAP, send a webform with explanation and attchach supporting documents as soon as you can . Make sure you address everything you submitted but they didn't consider for the final decision. All the best!!!

I'm not sure what visa office will get the request but it won't be the same officer, I made sure to check in a week later to confirm that the agent did put in the request.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
29 march ,2019 AOR
Medicals and biometrics done on 10 nd 11 may respectively
No updates further
Anyone with same status
Plz reply
AOR: 30th March
MEP: 24th May
BIL Requested: 27th May
BIL Completed (Status updated): 5th June (Ghost update was there)
No updates then after

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
29 march ,2019 AOR
No updates further
Anyone with same status
Plz reply
One of my friend's AOR date is also 29th March 2019 and he also has the same MEP and BIL as yours and received no updates after that.

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
Hi everyone,

AOR - 15th March 2019
Re medical - August 1st
PPR email - August 15th

Thanks,
Vipul Chadda
Hey congrats , let your wife take your passport with her, when she arrive in Toronto submit both passport to Ottawa, when she received the passport she can FEDEX your and you can travel. I think it's better to submit both at the same VISA office

saire23

Jan 23, 2019
Hi everyone, I received the ready for visa email this week and I’m very confused by what I need to do.

I’m UK citizen so my understanding is that I don’t need a visa to visit Canada, therefore I don’t need to send my passport in the post, and that I need to upload a copy of my passport to my CIC account.

I need to send 2 photos, and I also need to add the appendix to my CIC account.

I can’t see anywhere in my CIC account to add the appendix and passport photocopy - has anyone else had this, or is there anyone else from a visa exempt country? Have I understood this correctly?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
Hi everyone, I received the ready for visa email this week and I’m very confused by what I need to do.

I’m UK citizen so my understanding is that I don’t need a visa to visit Canada, therefore I don’t need to send my passport in the post, and that I need to upload a copy of my passport to my CIC account.

I need to send 2 photos, and I also need to add the appendix to my CIC account.

I can’t see anywhere in my CIC account to add the appendix and passport photocopy - has anyone else had this, or is there anyone else from a visa exempt country? Have I understood this correctly?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!
You need to follow the instructions given in the email. Also i think you are confounding the visit visa with PR. The PR needs to be stamped regardless of you coming from a visa free country

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
Is it just me or has there been a relative spike in PPRs this week?
Yep, I felt that too. But ive seen ppl mostly with Jan 2019 AORs getting them . Looks like 8-6 months is the standard time. I find the wait overwhelming :S would have been great if CIC could put in place real time update generation. Anyway

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Yep, I felt that too. But ive seen ppl mostly with Jan 2019 AORs getting them . Looks like 8-6 months is the standard time. I find the wait overwhelming :S would have been great if CIC could put in place real time update generation. Anyway
It's kinda silly that they don't just have the background check split into Criminality, Security, and Eligibility with Not Started, In Progress, and Pass/Fail statuses. It's pretty common knowledge at this point.

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
29 march ,2019 AOR
No updates further
Anyone with same status
Plz reply
Check my status below...

CSR: 464 | FSW-O | AOR 27: March 2019 | MEP: 8 May 2019 | BIOMETRICS: 13 May 2019 | VO: Ottawa | APPLICANTS: 2 | Criminality: Passed | Eligibility: Not Started | Security:Not Started | BG: Not Started | Updated 2 August 2019 | Last Change Seen 13 May 2019

Last edited: