Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-16
LANDED..........
Soooooon!!!!! ☺
Starting to worry because it seems people who sent their applications in after me and their file got transferred to Ottawa, have already receieved their PR!!
Is this bad ???

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Mhunter said:
Starting to worry because it seems people who sent their applications in after me and their file got transferred to Ottawa, have already receieved their PR!!
Is this bad ???
no. all files are unique and so are the work habits of the officers processing the apps. just because some people had files already processed, doesn't mean there is something wrong with yours. their files have nothing to do with yours, so stop worrying. your file has been in ottawa for 1 month. relax. it will get processed when its up in the queue. no one knows what is prompting the speedy processing from ottawa right now, so there's no reason to assume all files will see that timeline. go by the "norm" as of lately - more like 4-6 months total processing time.

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
yijiequ said:
at least it's easy for an american spouse to visit.. my case, my wife is an arab.. need a visitor visa to visit, almost no chance to get it approval during PR process. i am not going to lie; we are a newly wed; this really affects me emotionally... i tried to think very positive everyday; that's how i can sleep at night.. i guess.
I suggest she applies for a Visitor visa with a strong application showing strong ties back home and an undertaking stating you`ll want to stay for a month or so together as you`ll are newly married and she will return to her country after a month and will return only after her PR is processed. She should get it.

Even if she does not get it, it won`t affect her PR application in any way. So don`t worry and just apply.

Mhunter

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-16
LANDED..........
Soooooon!!!!! ☺
CDNPR2014 said:
no. all files are unique and so are the work habits of the officers processing the apps. just because some people had files already processed, doesn't mean there is something wrong with yours. their files have nothing to do with yours, so stop worrying. your file has been in ottawa for 1 month. relax. it will get processed when its up in the queue. no one knows what is prompting the speedy processing from ottawa right now, so there's no reason to assume all files will see that timeline. go by the "norm" as of lately - more like 4-6 months total processing time.

Ok I was just wondering.

Fel2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2016
Interview........
22-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
yijiequ said:
at least it's easy for an american spouse to visit.. my case, my wife is an arab.. need a visitor visa to visit, almost no chance to get it approval during PR process. i am not going to lie; we are a newly wed; this really affects me emotionally... i tried to think very positive everyday; that's how i can sleep at night.. i guess.
Hi yijiequ, I agree with canadafsw2015. My husband applied for a Visitor Visa right after we got married. In our application I wrote a letter saying we got married recently and would love to spend more time together however he has more flexibility in terms of work and travel so we are asking for consideration of a visa allowing him to travel to Canada, and spend more quality time together as a family. Also, he included a bank statement and letter of employment to show ties.

amuricanuck

Aug 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Interview........
None
For those worrying about SA, my husband (the sponsor) had to call CIC to determine whether we had gotten SA. Based on timelines of other applicants filed around the same time we were getting worried, anxious and frustrated (at least I was, my hub as more faith in the system). Needless to say after a couple unhelpful phone calls we were finally able to convince an agent to check our application and discovered we received SA on Friday (we justified our inquiry by quoting the CIC website SA approval time of 37 days Canada/US outland applicants compared to the 49 days we have been waiting). The agent said due to the weekend eCAS wasn't updated and we would likely receive email or snail mail conformation regarding this status change.

One thing to note: while anxiously waiting, it's worth keeping in mind the nuances of each individual application. My husband and I are a Canadian/US citizen duo, no kids. Our app went through Mississauga for SA and will be transferred to Ottawa for PR approval. Common-law applications and apps with dependent children I believe are processed completely in Ottawa so the process seems to going a bit quicker for those circumstances. Not comparing processing times is easier said than done...speaking from experience ha. Good luck to everyone and congratulations on those getting DM! Can't wait for our turn!

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
You can't really compare why this person got his done before yours because it's a lottery.

It depends on the officer at Mississauga office that picked your file out of the queue and his work habit. He can be a slow worker but it can also mean he cares more and goes through it thoroughly. And than you might have got a fast worker. And the same goes to the visa office that they send your application to.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
canadafsw2015 said:
I suggest she applies for a Visitor visa with a strong application showing strong ties back home and an undertaking stating you`ll want to stay for a month or so together as you`ll are newly married and she will return to her country after a month and will return only after her PR is processed. She should get it.

Even if she does not get it, it won`t affect her PR application in any way. So don`t worry and just apply.

Thank you so much.. btw.. i went to my MP office today.. since I am past the 41 days. the case worker took my file number and will get back to me.. keep you updated! thank you so much everyone. despite we have never met; your encouragement means a lot to me .

sask8884

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-06-2016
Congratulations to everyone for getting their SAs. Would everyone be so kind to add their timelines to the March spreadsheet so that we can have better insight in the overall timelines we can expect? Thank you!

You will find the link to the March spreadsheet in my signature.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
amuricanuck said:
One thing to note: while anxiously waiting, it's worth keeping in mind the nuances of each individual application. My husband and I are a Canadian/US citizen duo, no kids. Our app went through Mississauga for SA and will be transferred to Ottawa for PR approval. Common-law applications and apps with dependent children I believe are processed completely in Ottawa so the process seems to going a bit quicker for those circumstances. Not comparing processing times is easier said than done...speaking from experience ha. Good luck to everyone and congratulations on those getting DM! Can't wait for our turn!
I'm not sure where this assumption is coming from. all spousal outland applications are sent to the same place regardless of if it's a commonlaw/married couple. unless something has recentlly changed, commonlaw applications start in mississauga just like married couple applications. there is no difference in the process, only differences in what is needed in the application. commonlaw apps don't generally get processed quicker either. in fact, some would argue it takes more to prove commonlaw than it does marraige, so those applications have a risk of taking longer to process. but again, there's no proof the type of relationship is the reason for quicker/longer processing. and having dependants in the application certainly does not guarantee quick processing. again, that can be a risk of (and has been known for) delayed processing AND interviews for those with dependant issues. there is no "standard" of why some get processed quicker than others. that's just how it is.

kbrar2727

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Just got my SA approval letter. Application received date March 31, 2016. AOR 1 is April 22... SA May 16.... and I hope all others waiting also get theirs soon as well. Good Luck... Now waiting for the DM.

sask8884

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-06-2016
kbrar2727 said:
Just got my SA approval letter. Application received date March 31, 2016. AOR 1 is April 22... SA May 16.... and I hope all others waiting also get theirs soon as well. Good Luck... Now waiting for the DM.
Congratulations!

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
kbrar2727 said:
that's great.. i am only 1 day before you with my AOR. .. congratulation btw.

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yijiequ said:
Thank you so much.. btw.. i went to my MP office today.. since I am past the 41 days. the case worker took my file number and will get back to me.. keep you updated! thank you so much everyone. despite we have never met; your encouragement means a lot to me .

For me it is 38 days now. I got an appointment for tomorrow. I will go

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
rashu268 said:
For me it is 38 days now. I got an appointment for tomorrow. I will go
I am at 51 days now... so yours is still not beyond the timeline yet.