File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Don't sweat it. I didn't get a Sponsorship Approval email either. When they start processing the permanent residence application that means the sponsor was approved. A lot of people don't get emails or letters confirming. My husband called CIC and they said not to worry about it, you don't need the letter for anything.

door said:
Hi all can anyone help me plzz

I have this on my ecas

Sponsorship Application(s)

1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXXXX on March 1, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 30, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on March 29, 2016.

Permanent Residence

1. We received XXXXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on March 1, 2016.
2. We started processing XXXXXXXXXXX's application on April 28, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

But no email or letter for SA yet !!

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
door said:
Hi all can anyone help me plzz

I have this on my ecas

Sponsorship Application(s)

1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXXXX on March 1, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 30, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on March 29, 2016.

Permanent Residence

1. We received XXXXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on March 1, 2016.
2. We started processing XXXXXXXXXXX's application on April 28, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

But no email or letter for SA yet !!
We have the same timeline and I received my SA on April 5th, It looks like your sponsorship assessment has been approved by April 20th and VO started PA application by April 28. They cannot start permanent residence application before SA. Check your junk mail....congrats and good luck

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
gabba50 said:
We have the same timeline and I received my SA on April 5th, It looks like your sponsorship assessment has been approved by April 20th and VO started PA application by April 28. They cannot start permanent residence application before SA. Check your junk mail....congrats and good luck
no, his ecas does not suggest his sponsorship was approved, and yes, they can process both applications at the same time. usually when sponsorship is approved, there is a line that suggests correspondence was sent about the decision. there is no mention of April 20 on door's ecas paste, nor does it mention the application was approved, so i'm not sure where you're getting that from?

depending on where the applicant is from and whether the application is considered "non-complicated", CIC has been known in the past to process both simultaneously at Mississauga for quicker processing. Whether they are doing that now is unknown. ECAS is not a reliable source, so the only way to know for sure what is going on is to contact the cic call centre or sending in a case specific inquiry. Since door is well past the current processing time for SA, CIC *should* be able to help him figure out whether he's approved as a sponsor or not.

door

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
DH3_6 said:
Applied on March !5th, but until June no news, checked eCAs everyday, just says "IN Process" No SA news. I send e-mail to CIC to find out I was approved as Sposonr and they say they sent a letter, never received it. eCas not updated properly, so do not rely on it to find out the status of your

door

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
gabba50 said:

I think your right because in first i had just 2 lines like that

Permanent Residence

2. Medical results have been received.

and after an update cic add line 3
Permanent Residence

3. We started processing XXXXXXXXXXX's application on April 28, 2016.

Russmae

May 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
door said:
I think your right because in first i had just 2 lines like that

Permanent Residence

and after an update cic add line 3
Permanent Residence

3. We started processing XXXXXXXXXXX's application on April 28, 2016.
I only have 2 lines in my ecas but on the first page it says "In Process"

What does it mean?

smclintock

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
We got the 3rd line on the 29th of April :) It's basically "AOR2" that people talk about... your visa office is now processing the application.

screenguy80

Jan 27, 2016
Today under Permanent Resident Application Status, it says Decision Made. Which I assume is great.

The Canada Post strike is happening Monday.

To those who have received a COPR, did it show up Canada Post?

Does anybody know of anything CIC might be doing differently to deal with the postal strike, or are we just out of luck?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
screenguy80 said:
Today under Permanent Resident Application Status, it says Decision Made. Which I assume is great.

Does anybody know of anything CIC might be doing differently to deal with the postal strike, or are we just out of luck?
yes the COPR is sent through Canada Post. CIC is aware of the issue obviously, and the posted a notice on the CIC website about it last week. I'd suggest checking to see if it was updated. My guess is they are not going to risk sending out approval documents through Canada Post and will use an alternative. it would be a logistical (and perhaps political) nightmare for them if they attempted to mail things through Canada post right now!

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
screenguy80 said:

special measures...not sure if they are helpful
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-07-06.asp

screenguy80

Jan 27, 2016
Seems to indicate they're just being held, unless they're Urgent.

I don't see a definition of what classifies as Urgent, but we're in Toronto and it would be so easy for me to go pick up the card. Hmm.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
screenguy80 said:
Seems to indicate they're just being held, unless they're Urgent.

I don't see a definition of what classifies as Urgent, but we're in Toronto and it would be so easy for me to go pick up the card. Hmm.
what card? do you mean the PR card? if so, the PR card is processed in Sydney, NS, so it wouldn't be so easy to "pick up" from toronto.

The COPR is a document, not a card.

screenguy80

Jan 27, 2016
I'm sorry, I mean the certificate.

The linked document said they could inter-office courier the COPR to a regional office for pickup, but I suppose only in cases where it's urgent.

That is assuming "decision made" means we're getting a COPR

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
screenguy80 said:
I'm sorry, I mean the certificate.

The linked document said they could inter-office courier the COPR to a regional office for pickup, but I suppose only in cases where it's urgent.

That is assuming "decision made" means we're getting a COPR
i didn't see where it says documents will be sent to regional offices, though i'm sure if the lock out is long term, this will be a viable option. the only information i'm seeing on the link provided is that everything will be held off until it's resolved, documentation requests will be sent by email, and the various offices are not open to the public. let's hope this is short lived and it doesn't become a huge issue!!!!

yes, decision made generally means the COPR is in the mail (or in this case, waiting to be mailed). Perhaps they will start emailing applicants with an alternative means of getting the document???

worldtrade11

Oct 14, 2014
Hi everyone. I sent all my papers in MArch too. My wife if from the Philippines and I am applying a PR visa for her to come live in Montreal with me.

Here is my timeline.

Permanent Residence

We received xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on March 21, 2016.
We started processing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx application on May 5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Sponsorship

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on March 21, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 16, 2016.
We started processing your application on April 15, 2016.

Since I live in Quebec province I needed to fill up a CSQ for MIDI. Does anybody have an idea on how long it takes to get answer from them?

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories, it helps alot.