App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016 AOR 2: May 13,2016
Med's Done....
January 15,2016
Interview........
Sept. 13.2016
On the applicants side, when it says we started processing your application on May 13.

Does this mean they are working on our file, or it means it has been received at the Visa Office?

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
alb01 said:
On the applicants side, when it says we started processing your application on May 13.

Does this mean they are working on our file, or it means it has been received at the Visa Office?
yes.. you have past SA and they are working on it at the local visa office.

JasonInBC

Dec 29, 2015
So decided to check our status online and it says Decision Made. We haven't received an email/letter yet so not sure if this is for real as it's been super quick -
Application Sent: March 24
Received: March 29
AOR1: April 21
SA: May 16
Spouse: USA (Texas)
Myself: BC

Any one know if this is possible? Like 14 days since SA?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
JasonInBC said:
So decided to check our status online and it says Decision Made. We haven't received an email/letter yet so not sure if this is for real as it's been super quick -

congratulations and it has happened before within two days so expect copr mailed to u soon

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
JasonInBC said:

Wow, congratulations.

aarcee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
leazua said:
AarCee,

The application takes times, it the same for everyone. Some cases are faster, some take longer so hang in there.

I am not sure what country your spouse is from, the application manual didn't say that you should include it with the PR application before hand? If you know they are going to request it, I suggest have it ready when CIC request it so you can speed things up.
Thanks Leazua,

I will wait for them to request. My spouse is from Fiji and her application was forwarded to Sydney visa office.

AarCee.

leazua

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-21-2016
AOR Received.
04-15-2016
File Transfer...
04-26-2016
Med's Request
04-30-2016
Med's Done....
05-16-2016
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR: 5-24-2016
alb01 said:

It means that your PR application is now being work on by an officer. You can assume they have approve your Sponsor application. Wait for the confirmation from the office to be 100% sure.

JasonInBC said:

Congrats and yes it's possible when the case is simple. I am in the similar time frame as you. Found out that I had DM last friday but no email has come through yet.

aarcee said:
Thanks Leazua,

I will wait for them to request. My spouse is from Fiji and her application was forwarded to Sydney visa office.

AarCee.
My pleasure Arcee. I see, maybe search the fourm for any Sydney office specific topic and see what people are discussing. You can get a sense of the speed the office is working with.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
leazua said:
It means that your PR application is now being work on by an officer. You can assume they have approve your Sponsor application. Wait for the confirmation from the office to be 100% sure.

Congrats and yes it's possible when the case is simple. I am in the similar time frame as you. Found out that I had DM last friday but no email regarding the DM yet though.

My pleasure Arcee. I see, maybe search the fourm for any Sydney office specific topic and see what people are discussing. You can get a sense of the speed the office is working with.
being the US citizen; there must be very little background check needs to be done.
you know 90% of the other applicants aren't this lucky.

but good for you!!!! now you can plan for the new life.

leazua

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-21-2016
AOR Received.
04-15-2016
File Transfer...
04-26-2016
Med's Request
04-30-2016
Med's Done....
05-16-2016
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
yijiequ said:
being the US citizen; there must be very little background check needs to be done.
you know 90% of the other applicants aren't this lucky.

but good for you!!!! now you can plan for the new life.
Lot of factors can play into the process besides nationality, such as age, past marriage and etc. Judging from the spreadsheet everyone is imputing, it fair to say that majority of people are on track with the speed the CIC is proposing (no guarantee).

I know you are one of the few that are waiting way pass the date. Don't let the wait game takeover the majority of your time. Hopefully you will get yours soon.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
leazua said:
Lot of factors can play into the process besides nationality, such as age, past marriage and etc. Judging from the spreadsheet everyone is imputing, it fair to say that majority of people are on track with the speed the CIC is proposing (no guarantee).

Sorry..i sounded like ranting. Don't know why I'm delaying.. no way to find out. No additional doc was asked. Neither I can find out anything but processing. Even with a mp inquiry.

leazua

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-21-2016
AOR Received.
04-15-2016
File Transfer...
04-26-2016
Med's Request
04-30-2016
Med's Done....
05-16-2016
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
yijiequ said:
Sorry..i sounded like ranting. Don't know why I'm delaying.. no way to find out. No additional doc was asked. Neither I can find out anything but processing. Even with a mp inquiry.
No need to apoligize. I know it's frustrating, after all we are all in the same boat.

Just focus on your work, life and etc. Everything will seem slower when you are thinking about it everyday... :mad:

I am sure something will come, hang in there.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
leazua said:
No need to apoligize. I know it's frustrating, after all we are all in the same boat.

Just focus on your work, life and etc. Everything will seem slower when you are thinking about it everyday... :mad:

I am sure something will come, hang in there.

thank you so much. i tried not to think it; now i picked a weekend serving job.. went back to the restaurant i worked 10 years ago. my wife didnt even know i work so much to save money for our new life. other people on my facebook gets pissed that their husband staying at coach and do nothing. to me it's not really money.. if i stay at home and not working; i'd think about this....

ahhh... i really appreciate this forum. without it, i dont know how i can handle all these stress.

leazua

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-21-2016
AOR Received.
04-15-2016
File Transfer...
04-26-2016
Med's Request
04-30-2016
Med's Done....
05-16-2016
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
yijiequ said:
thank you so much. i tried not to think it; now i picked a weekend serving job.. went back to the restaurant i worked 10 years ago. my wife didnt even know i work so much to save money for our new life. other people on my facebook gets pissed that their husband staying at coach and do nothing. to me it's not really money.. if i stay at home and not working; i'd think about this....

ahhh... i really appreciate this forum. without it, i dont know how i can handle all these stress.
Yes I understand what you are going through and I am sure lot of us on the fourm can share that feeling. Give your wife a call, talk to her about what you are going through. Even though things are tough, if this is what you want to do, you should be happy and be proud of you self. Pat your self on the back sometimes.

That the whole reason I am trying to answer questions and help others when I can. We take and give too. Thankful we live in such a wonderful country that allow us bring our family together.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
leazua said:
Yes I understand what you are going through and I am sure lot of us on the fourm can share that feeling. Give your wife a call, talk to her about what you are going through. Even though things are tough, if this is what you want to do, you should be happy and be proud of you self. Pat your self on the back sometimes.

That the whole reason I am trying to answer questions and help others when I can. We take and give too. Thankful we live in such a wonderful country that allow us bring our family together.

so true... you guys might know from the way I write.. lol. i was an ESL.. came to this country almost 15 years ago as a student; knew nobody..I am like those "American Dream" in Canada kinda.. haha. i grew up in China watching a lot of classic American movies like John Wayne stuff.. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY for whoever celebrates it.

i had this believe; as long as you work hard and dream big; you can be anyone. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.. this is so true... life in Canada is much chill and easier.. at least for Asians like us.. as long as you work; you gonna make living and own home. absolutely no problem. if this is Asia; no way you can own your home; when i was 20s. everyone else work so much harder and tried to compete and pour boiling oil onto the competitor. it's like the survival the fitness world out there.

same, i tried to help out whatever i can.

Kanadianm

Jan 31, 2016
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
File Transfer...
19-05-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-07-2016
So I finally heard from our MP. To recap our timeline is:

Sponsor side:
Application received: March 10th
AOR1: April 5th
Started Processing: April 4th

PA side says:
Application received: March 10th
Started Processing: May 19th

We have had no letter or communication about SA to date, only received AOR1 through email on sponsor side.

Our MP had this to say:

"We have received a response from IRCC, please see below.

They were able to confirm that your assessment as a sponsor was completed on May 12, 2016. They have not begun your husband’s assessment yet but they were able to clarify that the current timeline for processing this type of application is 17 months.

We understand that the length of time to process this application is not good news to receive given the separation between you and your husband, but we hope you find the information helpful. If you should require any further assistance with this matter or any other, please do not hesitate to contact our office again. If you would like our office to follow up with IRCC on the progress of the application in three months’ time, please let us know after August 30, 2016 and we will make an enquiry at that time."

I am panicking that it doesn't say "you were approved as a sponsor on May 12th", rather it just suggests I was assessed. I am very stressed and can never get any direct answer from my phone calls which makes me worry that somehow I was not approved. Can anyone clarify this?