+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2016 CITIZENSHIP APPLICANTS

Bill Waterloo

Aug 22, 2016
Submitted in Mid-Feb but returned for language proof. Resent in March.
Timeline:
3/21: Sent from Waterloo
4/7: AOR
4/11: In process
8/22: invitation for test
9/13:Test

Bill Waterloo

Aug 22, 2016
Wrote my test on Sep 13 in Kitchener, followed by an interview.
The test was easy if one had gone through Discover Canada at least once and took several online practice tests. It seemed having a couple of version of test booklets for test among the applicants. Most of them were multiple choice questions and a few T/F questions. Around 20 people attended the test.
The interview went well. The interviewer didn't ask too many questions but clarify a few pieces in my application package. The interviewer conducted the interview with courtesy and high professionalism.
Overall experience was pleasant in Kitchener office.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share my timeline. Haven't heard anything from Montreal Office for the past 4 months after Decision Made. Waiting for Oath Invitation letter after passing test and interview in May.

At the time of Interview we were told to wait for 2-4 months and hopefully in July or August. So waiting.... My application is routine without any RQ or fingerprints.

Called call centre twice but was asked to wait until 6 months. Seems Montreal office is slow in allotting the oath ceremonies. Anyone in the same boat like me. Any Options like ATIP will help to know what's going on with the delay ?

Montreal Office
13 March 16 - AOR
24 March 16 - In Process
09 May 16 - Passed Test
13 May 16 - Decision Made
? ? - Waiting for Oath

Bill Waterloo

Aug 22, 2016
march2016 said:
Just want to share my timeline. Haven't heard anything from Montreal Office for the past 4 months after Decision Made. Waiting for Oath Invitation letter after passing test and interview in May.

At the time of Interview we were told to wait for 2-4 months and hopefully in July or August. So waiting.... My application is routine without any RQ or fingerprints.

Called call centre twice but was asked to wait until 6 months. Seems Montreal office is slow in allotting the oath ceremonies. Anyone in the same boat like me. Any Options like ATIP will help to know what's going on with the delay ?

Montreal Office
13 March 16 - AOR
24 March 16 - In Process
09 May 16 - Passed Test
13 May 16 - Decision Made
? ? - Waiting for Oath
@march 2016 Have you tried to check with CIC Montreal office instead of the call centre? Local office may answer your question more relevant. It's odd Montreal office told you the oath invitation would be sent in 2-4 months but the call centre let you wait for six months before raise any questions.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bill Waterloo said:
@march 2016 Have you tried to check with CIC Montreal office instead of the call centre? Local office may answer your question more relevant. It's odd Montreal office told you the oath invitation would be sent in 2-4 months but the call centre let you wait for six months before raise any questions.
How should i contact the Montreal office ? Do you mean via IRCC Webform ? I suppose i should use it only after having passed 12 months from the date of receipt of application . correct me if i am wrong

Bill Waterloo

Aug 22, 2016
march2016 said:
How should i contact the Montreal office ? Do you mean via IRCC Webform ? I suppose i should use it only after having passed 12 months from the date of receipt of application . correct me if i am wrong
Honestly I don't know how to contact Montreal office but you or someone else live in Montreal would know. Just thought it'd be an alternative mean rather than waiting for six months after test or 12 months after submitting the application.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bill Waterloo said:
Honestly I don't know how to contact Montreal office but you or someone else live in Montreal would know. Just thought it'd be an alternative mean rather than waiting for six months after test or 12 months after submitting the application.
True that would be option, but without a prior appointment one cannot enter the IRCC montreal, its closed office for public. When I went for picking our renewed PR card we had to show our Letters from IRCC to Security to get inside the building. One can only take appointment when normal processing time is exceeded. As given in CIC website
"You can contact IRCC if you submitted an application from within Canada and:

the normal processing time for your application has passed"

Basically IRCC and CIC are black boxes applicant does not know whats causing the delay

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally today I have received the oath invitation by post after four and half months after Decision Made :). I think,there is delay in allotting oath ceremonies for rural areas like us.

Minor Update: Ecas Updated today for Notice of oath after 2 days of receiving the oath invitation by post.

Bill Waterloo

Aug 22, 2016
Finally got Oath invitation, here is the timeline for your reference (to pending March 2016 applicants and Kitchener-Waterloo applicants):

Submitted in Mid-Feb but returned for language proof. Resent in March.
3/21: Sent from Waterloo
4/7: AOR
4/11: In process
8/22: invitation for test
9/13:Test
No later than 9/20: DM
10/27: Oath Invitation sent
11/17: Oath

All the best to the pending March 2016 applicants! I guess most of applicants have been cleared though.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an Update to fellow members of this Thread and Forum. I had my Test Invite and did the test on October 24th. Fairly Easy test, multiple choice and a true/false questions. Just used the OCASI app and www.Citizenshipcounts.ca Website for practice a few times. Passed the test and Interview was straight forward, it was just more to verify the documents that I submitted. Decision was made during interview and ECAS was updated to decision made on a Saturday! yes the weekend. Another Update on ECAS for oath letter on November 13th again Sunday! I will be taking my oath on November 30th and Finally become a Canadian Citizen. My processing time from IN PROCESS to TEST Date was long due to the area I live in being a Itinerant Area, but I called the call center and notified them that I do not mind to travel to the Local office, than processing of my application was done in less than 6 weeks and I was so surprised my self. A request to people who live in an Itinerant areas, if your local office is near by make a request to Travel to the local office or the wait time can be up to 1-2 years. The area I live in they only come twice a year or maybe once a year if the group is not big enough. I wish good luck to all fellow members of this thread and Citizenship Forum. Don't loose hope the day will come for everyone to become a proud Canadian!!

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raja420 said:
Just an Update to fellow members of this Thread and Forum. I had my Test Invite and did the test on October 24th. Fairly Easy test, multiple choice and a true/false questions. Just used the OCASI app and www.Citizenshipcounts.ca Website for practice a few times. Passed the test and Interview was straight forward, it was just more to verify the documents that I submitted. Decision was made during interview and ECAS was updated to decision made on a Saturday! yes the weekend. Another Update on ECAS for oath letter on November 13th again Sunday! I will be taking my oath on November 30th and Finally become a Canadian Citizen. My processing time from IN PROCESS to TEST Date was long due to the area I live in being a Itinerant Area, but I called the call center and notified them that I do not mind to travel to the Local office, than processing of my application was done in less than 6 weeks and I was so surprised my self. A request to people who live in an Itinerant areas, if your local office is near by make a request to Travel to the local office or the wait time can be up to 1-2 years. The area I live in they only come twice a year or maybe once a year if the group is not big enough. I wish good luck to all fellow members of this thread and Citizenship Forum. Don't loose hope the day will come for everyone to become a proud Canadian!!
Congrats Raja420. This is a very good info on the local office and I'm sure not many would know about this alternative.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello again to fellow applicants, Finally I have taken the oath of citizenship yesterday and became a proud Canadian!!. Will be applying for a passport soon. Good luck to all other fellow applicants. Again a reminder and request to the fellow applicants who fall in the Itinerant areas. Ask and request to travel to the Local office if its nearby, otherwise we can sit and wait for years. I was called by CIC in April 2016 to travel but they also mentioned that they might be coming to my area in June 2016 so I refused at the that time. Then later changed my my mind in October 2016 and requested them that I can travel. My application was processed so fast maybe less than six weeks.