waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
Raja420 said:
Finally!!!! Received AOR... Good luck to the other March 2016 Applicants.
Congratulations Raja420. How is CELPIP? our application also came back becoz of language proof . we had attached Academic IELTS But they did not accept it. though ita a dumb thing but rules are rules. so, now best and quickest option seems to be CELPIP.

KWafrica

Mar 18, 2016
Sent mine in on 3/14/2016, FedEx delivered on 3/17/2016

Beyond stressed because I have a bit of an unusual problem (like everyone else on these boards lol!).

I have no problem with the residency requirement - I haven't left Canada in 7 years!

My problem is with ID.

I have an expired South African Passport (expired in 2011).
A few years ago I lost my driver's license and PR card (awful experience!)
The only ID I have is my expired passport, my non photo provincial health card, my birth certificate, and my landing papers.

I tried to replace my PR card but they refused to renew it because my passport was expired, and I didn't have the original passport I arrived in Canada with in 1998 (it was destroyed when I got a new South African passport and I only have a certified copy of the biographical page). They told me I had to renew my south African passport. But I can't renew my South African passport because I need to get fingerprinted and to do that I need NON EXPIRED photo ID. I can't renew my drivers license for the same reason.

So I've applied for citizenship but I'm terrified I'm going to have issues because of my expired passport and lost (and expired anyway) PR card. I did write a letter with my application explaining the whole thing but I have no idea what's going to happen....

Has anyone here been in a similar situation?

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KWafrica said:
Sent mine in on 3/14/2016, FedEx delivered on 3/17/2016

Beyond stressed because I have a bit of an unusual problem (like everyone else on these boards lol!).

I have no problem with the residency requirement - I haven't left Canada in 7 years!

My problem is with ID.

I have an expired South African Passport (expired in 2011).
A few years ago I lost my driver's license and PR card (awful experience!)
The only ID I have is my expired passport, my non photo provincial health card, my birth certificate, and my landing papers.

I tried to replace my PR card but they refused to renew it because my passport was expired, and I didn't have the original passport I arrived in Canada with in 1998 (it was destroyed when I got a new South African passport and I only have a certified copy of the biographical page). They told me I had to renew my south African passport. But I can't renew my South African passport because I need to get fingerprinted and to do that I need NON EXPIRED photo ID. I can't renew my drivers license for the same reason.

So I've applied for citizenship but I'm terrified I'm going to have issues because of my expired passport and lost (and expired anyway) PR card. I did write a letter with my application explaining the whole thing but I have no idea what's going to happen....

Has anyone here been in a similar situation?
I applied with a expired PR Card and Expired Passport. All I had do was attach a explanation letter for not renewing the both documents. I got my PR card renewed afterwards. I had problems with my Language evidence. Had to take the $$$$ CELPIP root and waste 6 weeks. Finally got AOR this time.

KWafrica

Mar 18, 2016
Raja420 said:
I applied with a expired PR Card and Expired Passport. All I had do was attach a explanation letter for not renewing the both documents. I got my PR card renewed afterwards. I had problems with my Language evidence. Had to take the $$$$ CELPIP root and waste 6 weeks. Finally got AOR this time.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Sorry about the language evidence problem. My mom had difficulties with hers because her degree was from a foreign country - because they forgot to actually LOOK at the degree and see that one of her BA majors was in English! lol, bureaucrats.

I have sent in my citizenship application with a very detailed letter as to what ID I have, what is missing, and why. If they won't accept it, then I will try other routes like flying to the SA consulate in Toronto to see if they can help me.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaycee said:
Congratulations Raja420. How is CELPIP? our application also came back becoz of language proof . we had attached Academic IELTS But they did not accept it. though ita a dumb thing but rules are rules. so, now best and quickest option seems to be CELPIP.
It's a pretty easy straight forward test, all on the computer.

Mar 8, 2016
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 14, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on March 23, 2016.
4.We sent you correspondence on March 23, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

i havent checked our mailbox yet. what could they be asking for? I attached all important documents already.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application In process as of today.. But I know my test won't be before Mid June because Nanaimo is a itinerant office. CIC officials only come here quarterly basis. Last visit was second week of March 2016, so probably next visit would be sometime mid June.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hello Can any one guide me, i landed in 2010 but due to family issues i had to travel a lot in first 1.5 years. My residency calculation is like this
2010-32 days
2011-39 Days
2012-295 Days
2013-360 Days
2014-355 Days
2015-360 Days
2016-95 Days

can i be eligible for applying or it has to be minimum 183 days in each calendar year, dies it mean that 183 days should be in 2016 then only i would be eligible to apply. These are calculation based on best of knowledge, should i take some other preventive measures to check my number of days.

jamkam97

Mar 29, 2016
Joining in today, I'm going to be at the London, ON office so not sure how long to expect to wait for that test notification but I'm excited it's already started at least. Family class, rest of my family are already citizens, husband born here, kids thru him but we lived in the USA for 14 years first before moving here in 2011. He never got US citizenship but I don't plan on moving from here so I wanted to get it.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 14, 2016.
We started processing your application on March 22, 2016.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vic R said:
Hello Can any one guide me, i landed in 2010 but due to family issues i had to travel a lot in first 1.5 years. My residency calculation is like this
2010-32 days
2011-39 Days
2012-295 Days
2013-360 Days
2014-355 Days
2015-360 Days
2016-95 Days

can i be eligible for applying or it has to be minimum 183 days in each calendar year, dies it mean that 183 days should be in 2016 then only i would be eligible to apply. These are calculation based on best of knowledge, should i take some other preventive measures to check my number of days.
Use on the online calculator on CIC website to be on safe side.
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

JigJig

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-14-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-10
Med's Done....
16-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
any news for those who got their AOR's in march?