Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-15
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-15
LANDED..........
23-12-16
benitaagogo said:
Hi all, many of you might know this already but just for people who don't know, if your eCAS has been activated, you can download the APP called "Canada status checker" on your phone to check your status, it's pretty handy! :)

hello thanks for the info. I just install it, i wonder if the app is updated?

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
jhen_mhing24 said:
hello thanks for the info. I just install it, i wonder if the app is updated?
The app was updated last year for the bugs, I think it just helps to log in the eCAS on phone like when we check the status online, whenever eCAS has been updated, we shall see it on the app as well.

jhen_mhing24

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Winnipeg Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-15
Med's Done....
14-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-15
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-15
LANDED..........
23-12-16
benitaagogo said:
The app was updated last year for the bugs, I think it just helps to log in the eCAS on phone like when we check the status online, whenever eCAS has been updated, we shall see it on the app as well.

Ok thanks for sharing..... still waiting for my hubby's SA :(

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
MrsHBKelly said:
What exactly would they be searching my bags for, just out of curiosity?
Stuff like anxious2015 mentioned… scrapbook-type stuff, a big collection of sentimental things… stuff you can't replace in Canada, or things you can use to "re-establish yourself." This was my officer's reasoning the one time I was refused entry.

MrsHBKelly said:
My husband and I have been long distance for 3 years and I travel to Calgary very frequently from Boston (for a week or two every other month). I guess I'm just nervous because this will be my longest visit yet, and my first visit since submitting our application since my husband came here last visit instead of me going there. In the dozens of times I have flown to Calgary I have never been questioned beyond the 5 seconds of "why are you here?" "when will you leave?" but its always been for short visits. Is saying "I'm here for an extended visit with my husband" an acceptable answer? The complicated answer is that my mother-in-law isn't doing great and I want to spend more time with her and help him with her day to day care. Is it necessary or helpful if I offer that up, or will quality time with the hubs be sufficient?

I'm so nervous, I am sorry for the long posts.

Thanks, everyone!!
If you have established a pattern of compliance, I don't see it being an issue. "Extended visit" isn't the terminology I would use… I never volunteer information to an officer, I only answer what I am asked. The officer will see on your declaration card that you plan to stay for 150+ days and that will be the red flag, not your application, and not your answer of "I'm here to visit my husband." They will probably follow it up with "why so long?" and that I'm not telling you to withhold information, so that would be an appropriate time to tell them about your mother-in-law.

Their next question will probably be "what about work?" With everything I know about your situation, I think the officer's primary concern won't be over-staying, but working illegally. Make SURE you have documentation of your job expecting you back, and documentation of financial support. Something like a bank statement showing you have savings, or a note from your husband stating he will be financially supporting you. If he is picking you up at the airport, then that's less necessary, if they have concerns they can actually interview him if he's on the premises.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Received AOR2 e-mail from NDVO on 15 May 2015.

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

Should I send them scanned copies of medical receipt and RPRF payment?

swestenzweig

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
I was starting to get nervous, as it seemed like I was the outlier on the timeline for SA out of Mississauga. However, after checking ECAS this morning, my status has been updated to "Decision Made." ECAS indicated a decision was made on May 12 and a letter sent out informing us of the decision. It's a bit strange that CIC sent this via regular mail (especially since AOR was sent via email), but I thought I've read from others here that CIC had some problems with email of late.

I've not received anything in the mail from CIC, but I'm guessing that there's reason to be relieved at this point, right?

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
swestenzweig said:
I was starting to get nervous, as it seemed like I was the outlier on the timeline for SA out of Mississauga. However, after checking ECAS this morning, my status has been updated to "Decision Made." ECAS indicated a decision was made on May 12 and a letter sent out informing us of the decision. It's a bit strange that CIC sent this via regular mail (especially since AOR was sent via email), but I thought I've read from others here that CIC had some problems with email of late.

I've not received anything in the mail from CIC, but I'm guessing that there's reason to be relieved at this point, right?
There's a 8 days of delay since the date stated on the Ecas and you receive your e-mail.
Remeber we have a holiday today.

swestenzweig

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
DanSlh said:
There's a 8 days of delay since the date stated on the Ecas and you receive your e-mail.
Remeber we have a holiday today.
Brilliant! Thanks, DanSlh!

sam2427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
vermas said:
Received AOR2 e-mail from NDVO on 15 May 2015.

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

Should I send them scanned copies of medical receipt and RPRF payment?

I received the same email. My question is, I had submitted both documents with the application, then why are they asking it send again? Could it be that is is a system generated email which is generic for everybody irrespective of the missing documents or not?

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
sam2427 said:
I received the same email. My question is, I had submitted both documents with the application, then why are they asking it send again? Could it be that is is a system generated email which is generic for everybody irrespective of the missing documents or not?
If you take note it mentions If not already paid or submitted. So, if you submitted and paid and everything is complete, then you are good to go :)

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
A question in case someone has done it or read about someone else who has done it.

What happens if I re do my medical test and sebd it to Paris VO before the first medical test expires?

Will they consider the second medical test expiration date when they issue the visa even if the first test is not expied yet or they will ignore the second test and issue tge visa expiration date based on the first medical test.

The idea is I want to give ourself enough time to plan for the landing trip and I don't want to be limited by the expiration time of the current medical test.

Will that work?
hope my question is clear

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
Sa3Sa3 said:
A question in case someone has done it or read about someone else who has done it.

What happens if I re do my medical test and sebd it to Paris VO before the first medical test expires?

Will they consider the second medical test expiration date when they issue the visa even if the first test is not expied yet or they will ignore the second test and issue tge visa expiration date based on the first medical test.

The idea is I want to give ourself enough time to plan for the landing trip and I don't want to be limited by the expiration time of the current medical test.

Will that work?
hope my question is clear
Unless CIC asks for you to do a re-medical, they can extend your current one if they so choose. Don't submit anything unless they ask you to. Save your money if you can.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
sam2427 said:
Its generic mail. Still to be proactive and as a preventive step I have sent scanned copies of the PCC and RPRF recpt by e-mail.

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App received on march 17 and a or on Apr 22, but still no updates. Anyone in the the samwle boat?

GurpreetDhadda

Feb 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
Remedical request 02-02-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2016
braveblade said:
App received on march 17 and a or on Apr 22, but still no updates. Anyone in the the samwle boat?
I am in the same boat, app received March 20 and AOR on Apr 24.