+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications-----

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
im_anil said:
Hi
I have applied for PR on 7th March 2014 , and received the UCI number of 27th March 2014, but after that there has been no communication from CIC.
I filed in GCM notes to get an information of my file last month and have received a communication from them that my are reviewing my NOC code under which i have filed the PR.
My open work permit is expiring in August 2015.
Should i apply for work permit again ? or wait for communication from CIC?
Can i apply again via express entry ??

Please let me know

Thanks

Anil
U can apply another open work permit ..

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkrr said:
U can apply another open work permit ..
Hi Im_anil,

Kkrr is correct.

To add:
You can renew OWP till you application is in process. You could apply up-to 4 months in advance and minimum before the current processing time. The renewal is granted for 1 year from the processing date (not from the expiry of current OWP) so you may like to fine tune when you apply to get the maximum of new renewal period. If you think there is risk of rejection of your application quite soon, you may like to apply as soon as possible. I am not sure what happens to BOWP application if your PR application is rejected, but I think it gets granted anyhow.

Hope this helps!

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly post my timeline and say a huge thanks to everyone who replied to my posts and helped with my application. This place is an invaluable source of information and I still can't quite believe I am officially going to emigrate in a few months! Good luck to everyone else still waiting, I have everything crossed for you!

AOR: April 17th 2014
MR: October 10th 2014
Medical Received: November 3rd 2014
Doc Request: Feb 9th 2015 (Updated IMM5669 and original work contract)
Docs Received: Feb 23rd 2015
More doc Requests: Feb 20th 2015 (new police cert)
RPRF: Feb 23rd 2015
COPR Received: April 15th 2015

DXB601

Feb 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-March-2014
Doc's Request.
none, Docs complete upon submission of application package
Nomination.....
27-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
08-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
submitted along with the application package
File Transfer...
23-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-May-2015
LANDED..........
July 16, 2015
Deedle said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly post my timeline and say a huge thanks to everyone who replied to my posts and helped with my application. This place is an invaluable source of information and I still can't quite believe I am officially going to emigrate in a few months! Good luck to everyone else still waiting, I have everything crossed for you!

AOR: April 17th 2014
MR: October 10th 2014
Medical Received: November 3rd 2014
Doc Request: Feb 9th 2015 (Updated IMM5669 and original work contract)
Docs Received: Feb 23rd 2015
More doc Requests: Feb 20th 2015 (new police cert)
RPRF: Feb 23rd 2015
COPR Received: April 15th 2015
Hi Deedle congratulations! Are you an inland applicant or not? If not which visa office processed your PR? Thanks and good luck to you next journey :)

jayvyas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney & CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
File Transfer...
23-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
14-08-2015
I did my medical last month for my BOWP and now thinking to do up front for my PR file as I did not hear anything from CIC and it's more than a year.
my doctor did E-medical and said me to just submit the papers that I have with me because he already submitted my results and cic will able to see the results.

Is it right?
What email address I should send that papers?

Thanks

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
acevee said:
Hi Guys ,
Has been a long desperate wait .
AOR-25th March 2014
Medical Request received today 11th April 2015.
Have got 30 days to send medical results. Is this normal ?
"You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this
letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
"

Any suggestions on where can Medicals happen the fastest ?

Thanks again !
Hi acevee,

Congrats for your MR.

I am May applicant and still not got MR.
My case is similar situation as yours, what did you do to resolve it, please help.
My situation is just like yours as "No Salary Stubs- Paid Perdiem, how to ensure the T4 has correct income"
I am trying to PM you, but your Inbox is full.

Please help me, how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
DXB601 said:
Hi Deedle congratulations! Are you an inland applicant or not? If not which visa office processed your PR? Thanks and good luck to you next journey :)
I mailed my application to Sydney when I was still living in Canada but then I moved back to Scotland last summer. I believe all CEC applications are processed at the same visa office in Ottawa regardless.

julcy

Mar 30, 2014
Hello!

I think I read in another thread that once your ecas status has been changed to "In Process", that you can no longer apply for an BOWP extension? Is that right?

My current OWP is up in mid-june, say if I don't receive passport request in time? How long does passport processing take?

(I never got a RPRF request, but I just paid it since it was saying Outstanding on the GCMS notes)

Thanks!!

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
julcy said:
I think I read in another thread that once your ecas status has been changed to "In Process", that you can no longer apply for an BOWP extension? Is that right?
I don't believe this is correct, I've never heard of it.

allee

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2015
Another update for the spreadsheet: my E-CAS status changed to "decision made" on April 15. I'm from a visa exempt country.

To everyone still waiting, hang in there! I heard nothing from CIC for a year, and requested and actioned things on my GCMS notes several times in the last few months. Then they suddenly started and processed my application within 2 weeks.

Anyone know how long the current wait time is between a decision and receiving CoPR in the mail? Also, any tips on the next steps since I am already living in Canada - do I need to re-enter the country?

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
julcy said:
Hello!

My current OWP is up in mid-june, say if I don't receive passport request in time? How long does passport processing take?

(I never got a RPRF request, but I just paid it since it was saying Outstanding on the GCMS notes)

Thanks!!
This is not correct. In fact I applied two weeks after my status changed to "In process" and BOWP got approved after my status changed to DM.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
allee said:
Another update for the spreadsheet: my E-CAS status changed to "decision made" on April 15. I'm from a visa exempt country.

To everyone still waiting, hang in there! I heard nothing from CIC for a year, and requested and actioned things on my GCMS notes several times in the last few months. Then they suddenly started and processed my application within 2 weeks.

Anyone know how long the current wait time is between a decision and receiving CoPR in the mail? Also, any tips on the next steps since I am already living in Canada - do I need to re-enter the country?
Took 2 weeks for me to receive CoPR after DM.

Herathkumar

Apr 20, 2015
allee said:

Hi allee,

May I know how long it took for your status to change from "In Process" to "DM". I was also waiting for 1 year and after that suddenly they requested to pay RPRF and status changed to "In Process", I am curious to know that when my status will change to DM ?

Thanks

allee

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2015
Herathkumar said:
May I know how long it took for your status to change from "In Process" to "DM". I was also waiting for 1 year and after that suddenly they requested to pay RPRF and status changed to "In Process", I am curious to know that when my status will change to DM ?
My E-CAS changed to “In process” on March 31.
RPRF request came on 9 April (paid same day).
"Decision Made" status came on 15 April.

So that's pretty much 2 calendar weeks. I hear from these forums the decision can be delayed if CIC have to do extensive background checks and delve deeper for any reason. Good luck!