kooltest22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Finally landed - Today

wonderclicks said:
Hi Guys,

Finally my journey came to an end, I did inland landing today at Etobicoke office and became permanent resident of Canada :D :p

My whole journey with CIC was smooth without any hurdles, I should say this forum rocks without which i would not have landed easily today.

My big thanks to all those who gave me your valuable suggestions and guidance. I will be here to answer for those in need with whatever information or experience i have gained in this journey.

Thanks to one and all.

All the best for those who all waiting i am sure you will hear good news this christmas or 2015 may bring you all happiness and luck.

Wonderclicks.

Congratulations! We would love to read about your landing experience.

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
cad13 said:
Where r u ppr??? Please come....
Did you check your ECAS status???? What does it says.?

knnn

Jul 23, 2014
After a struggle got back my passport from Canada Post..

Will be doing my landing during 1st Week of FEB..

Keep you guys posted..

All the best for others..

Merry X'mas, Happy New Year and Happy holidays..

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga

kooltest22 said:
Congratulations! We would love to read about your landing experience.
@kooltest22

Here is my landing experience: I got landing interview appointment for 19th Dec between 1 & 3 pm and got an email confirmation requesting to get 2 photographs for each applicants. I did intentionally took appointment for noon thinking there will be no rush and yes i was correct. It was really not an interview it was more of a process to get PR status officially. I was at CIC office around 1:15 pm and got my token number at the security desk, seeing the crowd i thought its going to be late for atleast 2 hours but i was wrong when i saw the number on the display mine was 4th from the sequence to be called :p

Just after 10 - 15 min. my number was called and been to the counter, submitted my passports, photograph and COPR documents, CIC folks were very friendly and calm :D and they asked if there is any correction required on COPR i said no as all my details was perfect. Then they asked did you commit any crime in Canada or Else where? Obivisouly our answer was no and thats all, they updated all the details in their system and issued new COPR and informed us the magic word you guys are PR's and explaind what all you can do as PR we smiled and thanked each other. Post this they asked to wait for 10 min. to get the sin number, again called back in 5 min. and in next counter we got our SIN number for all 3 (self, spouse, kid) and thats all we came out happily :) whole process took less than 1 hour for us.

Things to cemember:

> Take a good photographs (go far walmart) 2 numbers this will be used on your PR card.
> Dont forget your COPR, Passport, & Address proof (they didn't ask me)
> Get a printout of the appointment letter

Hope this helps.

Wonderclicks.

sean_Ind

Oct 17, 2014
Do we need photos for landing? I planning to land at the airport while flying back to Canada on Jan 1st. Please suggest,

sean_Ind

Oct 17, 2014

wonderclicks said:
@ kooltest22

Here is my landing experience: I got landing interview appointment for 19th Dec between 1 & 3 pm and got an email confirmation requesting to get 2 photographs for each applicants. I did intentionally took appointment for noon thinking there will be no rush and yes i was correct. It was really not an interview it was more of a process to get PR status officially. I was at CIC office around 1:15 pm and got my token number at the security desk, seeing the crowd i thought its going to be late for atleast 2 hours but i was wrong when i saw the number on the display mine was 4th from the sequence to be called :p

Just after 10 - 15 min. my number was called and been to the counter, submitted my passports, photograph and COPR documents, CIC folks were very friendly and calm :D and they asked if there is any correction required on COPR i said no as all my details was perfect. Then they asked did you commit any crime in Canada or Else where? Obivisouly our answer was no and thats all, they updated all the details in their system and issued new COPR and informed us the magic word you guys are PR's and explaind what all you can do as PR we smiled and thanked each other. Post this they asked to wait for 10 min. to get the sin number, again called back in 5 min. and in next counter we got our SIN number for all 3 (self, spouse, kid) and thats all we came out happily :) whole process took less than 1 hour for us.

Things to cemember:

> Take a good photographs (go far walmart) 2 numbers this will be used on your PR card.
> Dont forget your COPR, Passport, & Address proof (they didn't ask me)
> Get a printout of the appointment letter

Hope this helps.

Wonderclicks.

Wonderclicks, Do we need photos for landing? I planning to land at the airport while flying back to Canada on Jan 1st. Please suggest,

Thanks
S

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012

sean_Ind said:
Wonderclicks, Do we need photos for landing? I planning to land at the airport while flying back to Canada on Jan 1st. Please suggest,

Thanks
S
Hi,
you need the photo (2 pcs for each person) only if you land in the CIC office. Landing at the point of entry doesn't require any photo.

sean_Ind

Oct 17, 2014

nov1061 said:
Hi,
you need the photo (2 pcs for each person) only if you land in the CIC office. Landing at the point of entry doesn't require any photo.
Thank you

sean_Ind

Oct 17, 2014
Wish you all a merry Christmas and a very happy new year.

I will be landing on Jan 1st and will update on how it went.

Regards
S

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
I got my passport back today after chasing canadapost & help from my local post office. I landed at Peace Arch Provincial park (BC) at 3 PM PST. All is well, it was a smooth process. The officer was nice and he gave me a canadian flag too :)

Good Luck to everyone waiting, your turns will come soon too :)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)

cad13

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 March/2014
AOR Received.
14 April/2014
Med's Request
08 October/2014
Med's Done....
15 October/2014(RPRF Requested on Nov 06 and Paid Nov 07)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09 January/2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 January/2015
LANDED..........
23 January/2015
Hi folks!!!

Wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! !!

Wish next year will bring mr's and ppr's......

Thanks

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
ECAS Status set to 'Complete' with a line added 'Landed at Douglas on 23-dec-2014 and became a perm resident'....
Good Luck to everyone waiting, your turn will come soon in new year's :). Happy New Year!

mkduke

Dec 29, 2014
Hi,

I was also a march applicatant. My application was received on the 10th of March but I had not received any communication from CIC since then. I ordered the GCMS notes a month ago and just received them. According to the notes, I was send a medical request in September. Unfortunately, I never received the email.

Can anyone suggest the contents of the medical email they received? Which form should I fill out along with the medical? Is there a unique form they send for each application or can I get a generic one online?

Is there any deadline to submit the medicals after receiving the email?

Seniors please help.

For anyone who has not heard back from CIC, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the GCMS notes!

Thank you

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
mkduke said:
Hi,

I was also a march applicatant. My application was received on the 10th of March but I had not received any communication from CIC since then. I ordered the GCMS notes a month ago and just received them. According to the notes, I was send a medical request in September. Unfortunately, I never received the email.

Can anyone suggest the contents of the medical email they received? Which form should I fill out along with the medical? Is there a unique form they send for each application or can I get a generic one online?

Is there any deadline to submit the medicals after receiving the email?

Seniors please help.

For anyone who has not heard back from CIC, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the GCMS notes!

Thank you

Yes there is a limit and its 60 days , Connect ASAP with CIC saying you haven't received if that is the case if they have sent. Did you checked your SPAM folder ?

mkduke

Dec 29, 2014
Yes I checked my SPAM as well. For some reason I have not received any emails. Will be requesting a change of email address as it appears my email address is blocking these emails.

Do you have a sample email you received from CIC? You can remove all personal informaiton.