24-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014 (eCAS received 02-02-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exepmt
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014 (received in mail 05-02-2014)
LANDED..........
06-02-2014 at Peace bridge
Hi guys,

My journey to PR ended successfuly last night ;D
I landed at the peace bridge. Made a U turn (officer in the booth asked if I made a u-turn, but said it was OK). In the immigration office the whole thing took no more than 20 min. Just needed passports and COPR's. Nothing else was asked of me documents wise. The officer confirmed my address with driver's license, the COPR info, signed it himself, asked me to sign, said that I have the same rights as Canadian citizens with the exception of voting and serving in a military. After I expressed my dissapointment about the inability of enrolling into military forces, he chuckled and said if I really want to I can do that in 2 years after applying for citizenship :) Another thing he mentioned is that in order to maintain the PR status I must be present in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years. I also asked if I can go to US and back while waiting for the PR card. He said I can and COPR that he stapled in my passport is my prove of PR. Very smooth and pleasant experience!
This morning I applied for a new permanent SIN card with passport and COPR.

I would like to say thank you to all the members of this forum. It's a great tool with so much useful information and a great moral support, just to know that there are people going through the same process as yourself and you'are not alone!
I wish all the best of luck to the remaining applicants :)

gracy016

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-13
Doc's Request.
12-30-13 (RPRF & Biodata)
AOR Received.
04-30-13
Med's Request
12-31-13
Med's Done....
01-08-14
Passport Req..
02-21-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-14
LANDED..........
03-09-14
Vik1112 said:
Hi guys,

My journey to PR ended successfuly last night ;D
I landed at the peace bridge. Made a U turn (officer in the booth asked if I made a u-turn, but said it was OK). In the immigration office the whole thing took no more than 20 min. Just needed passports and COPR's. Nothing else was asked of me documents wise. The officer confirmed my address with driver's license, the COPR info, signed it himself, asked me to sign, said that I have the same rights as Canadian citizens with the exception of voting and serving in a military. After I expressed my dissapointment about the inability of enrolling into military forces, he chuckled and said if I really want to I can do that in 2 years after applying for citizenship :) Another thing he mentioned is that in order to maintain the PR status I must be present in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years. I also asked if I can go to US and back while waiting for the PR card. He said I can and COPR that he stapled in my passport is my prove of PR. Very smooth and pleasant experience!
This morning I applied for a new permanent SIN card with passport and COPR.

I would like to say thank you to all the members of this forum. It's a great tool with so much useful information and a great moral support, just to know that there are people going through the same process as yourself and you'are not alone!
I wish all the best of luck to the remaining applicants :)
CONGRATS Vik1112!!! ;)

hnsh0039

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Received my passport back.

Here is my timeline:

Application filed-March 18
AOR-April 14
RPRF and Biodata Received-Jan.02
Medical requested-Jan.04
Medical done-Jan.08
Medical Received at CIC-Jan.13
Passport request-Jan.16
Passport sent to CIC-Jan.30
Received passport back-Feb.07

Landing soon........................

Smiley17

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8 May 2013
IELTS Request
Given with application
Med's Request
22nd Jan 2014
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2014
Passport Req..
18th Feb 2014
hnsh0039 said:

Here is my timeline:

AOR-April 14
Medical requested-Jan.04
Medical done-Jan.08
Passport request-Jan.16

Congratulations

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
hnsh0039 said:

Here is my timeline:

AOR-April 14
Medical requested-Jan.04
Medical done-Jan.08
Passport request-Jan.16

Grats!! Wish I was that close to becoming PR too :)

aussie_geoff

Jan 1, 2014
Hi guys, my status at cic has changed to Decision made although it sounds very ominous. Did your positive decisions sound like this.

Decision Made

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Thanks for the help, so worried now!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
aussie_geoff said:
Hi guys, my status at cic has changed to Decision made although it sounds very ominous. Did your positive decisions sound like this.

Decision Made

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Thanks for the help, so worried now!
Yes, that sounds about right :) Hang in there, you're almost done.

hnsh0039

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Done my landing today at Coutts Alberta. It was such a good experience. The immigration officer was very friendly. The whole process took 30 minutes. I went to the border and the immigration officer gave me a white sheet states my entry to US refused. He drove and asked me to follow his car. He gave me direction to go back to enter canada. After that the Canadian officer gave me yellow sheet and asked to come in. The CBSA officer was so nice. He took my passport,work permits,study permits and COPR. After that he told me about the PR card process and congratulate me for becoming PR. So happy :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
hnsh0039 said:
Done my landing today at Coutts Alberta. It was such a good experience. The immigration officer was very friendly. The whole process took 30 minutes. I went to the border and the immigration officer gave me a white sheet states my entry to US refused. He drove and asked me to follow his car. He gave me direction to go back to enter canada. After that the Canadian officer gave me yellow sheet and asked to come in. The CBSA officer was so nice. He took my passport,work permits,study permits and COPR. After that he told me about the PR card process and congratulate me for becoming PR. So happy :)
That's great to hear! Glad it all worked out for you and the wait is over!

TOAidy

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
My timeline:

ECAS showed We received your application for permanent residence on March 4, 2013

ECAS showed We started processing your application on January 14, 2014

Medical requested email received on January 15, 2014

Medical done on January 22, 2014

ECAS showed medical received on February 7, 2014

"Ready for Visa" email received on February 10, 2014

Passport sent on February 11, 2014

ECAS showed decision made on February 12, 2014

Just waiting for passport to get back and do my landing now. Hope this is helpful to others who are still waiting. I live in Toronto and did my medical at the 474 College Street location. It cost $190 dollars, including tax, blood work and X-ray. I know that this location does eMedical because I saw him inputting the info on his iPad and confirmed with him.

Good luck to everyone else!

bold9k

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF, Biodata - Jan 2nd 2014
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents - Score 8.5
Med's Request
02-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014 - Medicals sent 14-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 11th 2014
I did my medicals on the 9th of January and they were sent on the 16th of January . I dont know why CIC hasnt recieved them yet? How long does it take for CIC to acknowedge that medicals were received? I called my Doctor and she said that she sent it on the 16th of January via emedicals but i have a feelings the doctor messed it up.

TOAidy

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
TOAidy said:
My timeline:

ECAS showed We received your application for permanent residence on March 4, 2013

ECAS showed We started processing your application on January 14, 2014

Medical requested email received on January 15, 2014

Medical done on January 22, 2014

ECAS showed medical received on February 7, 2014

"Ready for Visa" email received on February 10, 2014

Passport sent on February 11, 2014

ECAS showed decision made on February 12, 2014

Just waiting for passport to get back and do my landing now. Hope this is helpful to others who are still waiting. I live in Toronto and did my medical at the 474 College Street location. It cost $190 dollars, including tax, blood work and X-ray. I know that this location does eMedical because I saw him inputting the info on his iPad and confirmed with him.

Good luck to everyone else!
Xpressport return envelope tracking code activated on February 14, 2014. Passport should be in my hands on February 18, 2014.

TOAidy

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
bold9k said:
I did my medicals on the 9th of January and they were sent on the 16th of January . I dont know why CIC hasnt recieved them yet? How long does it take for CIC to acknowedge that medicals were received? I called my Doctor and she said that she sent it on the 16th of January via emedicals but i have a feelings the doctor messed it up.
You should send an email to CPC-Ottawa to inquire. Make sure you provide proof of having medicals and X-ray done (receipts).

CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

cec0413

Jan 19, 2014
TOAidy said:
You should send an email to CPC-Ottawa to inquire. Make sure you provide proof of having medicals and X-ray done (receipts).

CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
Second that. Make sure you mention the IME # (typically 8 digits) from the emedical receipts so they can easily track & link it your file. Good luck

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Guys it can take a month to six weeks to show as received in ecas - the cic dr has to review the results before giving an approval to the immigration officer. It's not like your doctor uploads the results and that's it - they need to be assessed.
Have some faith and patience :)