05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ccunnington said:
Been dead in here for a long time!! We got our passport request last week, and our ECAS just changed to Decision Made!! I don't know who's looking after the spreadsheet these days, but you can update if you wish!! Passport request Feb 13th, Decision Made Feb 20th. We're finally finished! Almost 1 year
Awesome!! I'm the one that updates it :)

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Hello! Wanted to pop in to see how the other March applicants were doing we are still waiting and it will be 11 months for us tomorrow.
I am wondering if anyone has had to deal with their medicals expiring and if they did anything?
Ours will expire March 13th.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Chuladaa said:
Hello! Wanted to pop in to see how the other March applicants were doing we are still waiting and it will be 11 months for us tomorrow.
I am wondering if anyone has had to deal with their medicals expiring and if they did anything?
Generally, it's best to wait until the visa office asks you to repeat or it's been more than 15 months. Between 12-15 months from the original date the visa office can request an extension for an additional year. Of course, if you want to go repeat them, the visa office will gladly use them, but you may incur unnecessary expense.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Chuladaa said:
Hi, we're at a little over 11 months...and waiting! ;)

I sent an email to our visa office in December and asked them if my husband should re-do his medical and police check because they were about to expire. I didn't hear back so I sent another email after they both expired. *sigh* This time I got a response. They stated that my husband was to re-do the police check and informed us that they requested an extension on his medical.

Hopefully you will hear something soon and fingers crossed that they request an extension on your behalf. Good luck!

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
computergeek said:
Generally, it's best to wait until the visa office asks you to repeat or it's been more than 15 months. Between 12-15 months from the original date the visa office can request an extension for an additional year. Of course, if you want to go repeat them, the visa office will gladly use them, but you may incur unnecessary expense.
Thank you. I will hang tight for now and hope that if needed they will request the extension I really really hope to be done by 15 months

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Nevaeha said:
Hi, we're at a little over 11 months...and waiting! ;)

I sent an email to our visa office in December and asked them if my husband should re-do his medical and police check because they were about to expire. I didn't hear back so I sent another email after they both expired. *sigh* This time I got a response. They stated that my husband was to re-do the police check and informed us that they requested an extension on his medical.

Hopefully you will hear something soon and fingers crossed that they request an extension on your behalf. Good luck!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope your wait will be over soon! Is there still many people from March still waiting?
I think I will do the same and email to ask if he should re do the medical. In our case we only get the request for the police checks about half way so I dont have to worry about their expiry just yet.
Thank you i hope so too that they request an extension!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Chuladaa said:
Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope your wait will be over soon! Is there still many people from March still waiting?
I think I will do the same and email to ask if he should re do the medical. In our case we only get the request for the police checks about half way so I dont have to worry about their expiry just yet.
Thank you i hope so too that they request an extension!
Hi Chuladaa - any word on a medical extension? Did you send an email to your visa office?

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Nevaeha said:
Hi Chuladaa - any word on a medical extension? Did you send an email to your visa office?
No news :(
I did send an email Feb 15 with no response but it was more of a general email so then on Feb 26 I sent another email since my husbands phone number changed so I let them know his new number and I specifically asked if we should re-do the medical. No response to either email :(
The last communication we had from them was Dec 7th
Our medical expired yesterday :(

Murphy25

Aug 28, 2012
Hi everybody,

I've spent the last hour reading through this thread, very informative and lots of hope for us future applicants...congrats to everyone who has made it through this process.

I'm an American, I've been living in Ontario since last August. My girlfriend is Canadian, we are currently trying to decide whether we will apply for common-law in August or just make the leap and get married in the next couple months. I'm looking to apply to nursing school in Canada next year, and can't really afford international student tuition, so the timing of all of this is going to make a big difference for us. Even a couple months of extra application time might end up costing $10,000+

It seems like most of you who applied in the states received your PPR in less than a year, is that right? some even about 7 months? I wonder if you have any idea how much this timeline has changed with the recent closures of seattle and detroit? It says 13 and 16 months processing time on the CIC website for LA and NYC respectively, is this not accurate?

also, how much longer should I expect if we end up applying common-law, did anybody here go that route? Our application should be pretty straightforward, we have no blemishes on our records, plenty of family support and written affadavits, both names on leases/bills, lots of pics of travels etc

thanks in advance :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Murphy25 said:
It seems like most of you who applied in the states received your PPR in less than a year, is that right? some even about 7 months? I wonder if you have any idea how much this timeline has changed with the recent closures of seattle and detroit? It says 13 and 16 months processing time on the CIC website for LA and NYC respectively, is this not accurate?
That's the time for 80% of applications. The model now is that CPP-O will process most applications but those that require additional processing - such as an interview - will be transferred to a US office. Thus, those times are growing because NYC and LA are getting the "more complex" cases and it's taking longer to hit that magic 80% figure.

My application was submitted just over one year ago. At the time sponsor approval took 3.5 months (it's ~1 month right now) so approval was in late June 2012. PPR was 95 days later (late September) and I landed 3 weeks after PPR (13 October). So yes, it can go fast - I'd say 40-50% of applications are done in 6-7 months.

Murphy25 said:
also, how much longer should I expect if we end up applying common-law, did anybody here go that route? Our application should be pretty straightforward, we have no blemishes on our records, plenty of family support and written affadavits, both names on leases/bills, lots of pics of travels etc
Common law shouldn't take any longer than spousal (here in BC there's no difference from a legal perspective any longer - common law couples are considered legally married under provincial law.)

Murphy25

Aug 28, 2012
computergeek you are amazing, most helpful member on this forum! thanks!

How does it work with CPP-O, do you have to explicitly choose that as your preferred VO or does it go there by default?

RIUGirl

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Hello everyone;

My husband and I applied one year ago today :(. Our visa office is Mexico. We had some really bad advice from our lawyer at the beginning of our process and therefore have been waiting for things to work out ever since. The good news is that we have finally received the AOR from the emabssy and have sent my husbands final documents and police checks to the embassy on Feb. 26/2013. Now, we continue to wait for his PPR. Hope we hear something soon!!!! In fact, I really hope that we all hear something soon!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Murphy25 said:
computergeek you are amazing, most helpful member on this forum! thanks!

How does it work with CPP-O, do you have to explicitly choose that as your preferred VO or does it go there by default?
It's based upon your country of citizenship or residence.

If you are an American Citizen living in the US or Canada, no matter what you write on your application, it's going to be sent to CPP-O. They may then choose to forward it to an office in the US if needed, but most applications are finalized in Ottawa.

If you were legally admitted to the US or Canada for one year or longer, you may choose CPP-O (or your country of citizenship).

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
When I went for my medical the Doc said that I have UTI
and then he said he will send the report as it is
and after few months i ordered gcms notes. it says i passed the medical examination , now my medicals have expired... and they have asked for extension from ottawa..
do you think the doc there in Ottawa will reject my medicals saying I have UTI and I have to redo it ? or they will give extension ?

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
UsCa said:
When I went for my medical the Doc said that I have UTI
and then he said he will send the report as it is
and after few months i ordered gcms notes. it says i passed the medical examination , now my medicals have expired... and they have asked for extension from ottawa..
do you think the doc there in Ottawa will reject my medicals saying I have UTI and I have to redo it ? or they will give extension ?
What is a UTI?
Also can i ask you when did your medicals expire and how do you know they asked for an extension?

I dont know any facts on this but i would think if your medicals passed the first time i dont see why they wouldnt be passed the second time as its based on the same medicals.. also i heard from my MP's office that if they had concerns on your medical they would likely ask you to re do them vs extend them for example due to age.. just thoughts tho