+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maple on pp !!..the amazing moment :D :D :D ;)

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I got my visa today :)..A hearty thanks to enfield, royalsting, rhasan, ad singh, rupak and all other members. Thanks a lot for ur support and valuable suggestions. I finally got my visa today.

My details :- ( I hope these help any other applicants awaiting visa )

Applied at CHC CHD under spp on 25th November
In transit on 9th Dec
Issue date on pp is 7th Dec.
Got it today ( due to some holidays in b/w)

I am going to sheridan for Computer Engineering Technology advanced diploma 3 years

Two outcomes from my case which I would like to share :-

1.) Firstly, previous refusals for Parents PR applications doesn't affect your study permit. Though you need to mention the authentic information about refusals in whichever column it is asked.

2.) Secondly, if you don't have computers as a subject in +2 and you are thinking of applying to any computer course. It won't lead to rejection. Provided that you have a good academic record.

These results may vary from application to application and are not stone carved facts. Though these may serve as a morale booster for those in quandary.

I did a lot work on my SOP, may be it is useless piece of paper but still I would like to share it with you all .This might serve great help to some. I took some very good points from well written SOPs and added my writing skills along with and this is what I got :-

Dear Visa Officer

ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF STUDY

I Deepjyot Singh Maher, male, born on 28th October, 1992.Being from a well educated family, I always have been intrigued towards education as I have seen education’s indispensable role in one’s life. As a result I have successfully fulfilled 15-year obligation education, in one of the best schools in Jalandhar with the high scores of 89.2 % in 10th and 76.8% in 12th. All these years I realized that the current level of my knowledge is just a start to my career. I feel I need to be equipped with the latest theories and practices so that I could stand firmly on the cutting edge of the rapid development in this era of competition.

REASON FOR CHOOSING COMPUTER ENGINEERING AS A CAREER

I chose to have a career in computer engineering. Choosing to be a computer professional was a natural progression for me due to fact that I grew up seeing evolution of computers. I was always wonderstruck to see Steve jobs and Bill gates contribution to their countries and always wondered to do such a thing for India one day. Computers are vital for Indian industries and manufacturing. India’s requirement for computer experts greatly exceeds the number of talented computer professionals available. It will definitely increase further, providing those in possessions of the information on the latest computer developments and skills applicable a great opportunity to handle the most challenging and lucrative projects. Keeping this mind I chose maths and science in grade 12.

WHY SHERIDAN

I chose Sheridan College because it is one of the most reputable colleges . My choice was made after comparing and contrasting carefully several engineering colleges. Sheridan offers up to date courses featuring the latest technology, highly recognized and competent faculty as well as best hardware machines in the labs. Also another major reason for selecting Sheridan was the co-op education offered. Practical knowledge leaves an everlasting imprint on one’s mind and would offer me to combine my theoretical classroom instruction with real workplace experience. It also focuses on assignments which have been designed for experimental learning opportunity. Computer engineering diploma program at Sheridan will allow me to know about designing, implementing, and maintaining the architecture for computer systems and networks. All these features and facilities convinced me to join Sheridan.

WHY NOT PURSUE LESS EXPENSIVE ALTERNATIVES IN INDIA

Study in India is definitely cheaper than abroad, but the issue of cost did not determine my choice. Most important for me was the right studying environment. Sadly, India is not the best option presently. I know from my first hand experience that Indian Education system mainly focuses on theoretical knowledge rather than its application in real workplace situations. It is indeed a handicap for India

This left me with the option of studying abroad to acquire leading edge knowledge and later contribute to technological advancements in India. It will help me in my personal growth as well. I will be able to master skills like decision making, planning, self management, time management. This will help me grow as a thorough professional and a self dependant individual. Also my parents are very supportive and are willing to financially sponsor my study in abroad.

WHY CANADA

Canada is a better option as it has developed a first-rate education system with high standards and global recognition. It is peaceful and safe country. Being a country of immigrants from all over the World, different perspectives are respected and learning together is encouraged. It would be very rewarding to exchange thoughts and ideas with a group of people from different backgrounds on one platform. I will also develop an international network. Tuition fees and living expenses are also in favor of Canada when compared to other countries with equally good education system. I can state with confidence that this Canadian diploma would open doors for me – to software enterprises, research institutions and multinational companies.

RETURN TO INDIA

After obtaining my education from Canada, I plan to come back to India without hesitation to put all the principles I have got into practice. These days many MNC in India are opting to recruit computer technicians with problem solving skills. I would offer an employer newly acquired concepts and a fresh mindset. My competitors from Indian colleges would be able to make less impressive claims in these areas.

Most importantly, I love my parents. I think I should reward them by sharing every step of success with my dear parents. If I will be able to bring in advanced skills to our country and devote myself to the construction of India, I suppose, it will be of great value in my lifetime

To sum it up, I think I have quality primary level education and, however, now I wish to complement all this with focused and structured study of computing to launch a successful career. Knowledge along with all the indispensable expertise is vital to appreciate my net worth as a meticulous professional.

Many thanks for your kind consideration!

I tried mt best to cover up the possible reasons for rejection through my SOP. Thanks again to all :)

I will be possibly leaving b/w 25-30 Dec through air india. Any companions I got ?..plzz reply. All the very best to all those waiting for their visa. I wish from heart that all bonafide applicants get their visas.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Congrats Maherd! Decide the journey date and book the ticket as soon as possible. Then prepare a checklist and start following it and then check and double check the same.

All the best for your life ahead.

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royalsting said:
Congrats Maherd! Decide the journey date and book the ticket as soon as possible. Then prepare a checklist and start following it and then check and double check the same.

All the best for your life ahead.
Thanks a lot royalsting !..u have been a gr8 frnd :)..and yes i have booked my tickets for 27th, although I will confirm it tomorrow. I will start my preparation from tomorrow , thanks !

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Melanie86 said:
congrats :D gud SOP
Thanks a lot Melanie...and all the very best for ur application. Bring joy to our ears with your gud news soon :) :)

money0044121

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Visa Office......
chc chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/11
IELTS Request
6.0 band
Med's Done....
12/11/11
Interview........
no
VISA ISSUED...
30/11/11
LANDED..........
soon
congrats bro...
Really a gud news,best of luck for ur future.

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
money0044121 said:
congrats bro...
Really a gud news,best of luck for ur future.
Thnxx bro !..nd btw when are u leaving ?

Kirtan1

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
21, Oct , 2011
Interview........