+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba

udstatus

Mar 20, 2014
I have question that my family member (parent's & brothers) are pr in canada .I want to know that is do any of my friend from manitoba can sponser me .

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
udstatus said:
I have question that my family member (parent's & brothers) are pr in canada .I want to know that is do any of my friend from manitoba can sponser me .
Your parents can only sponsor you if you are a minor (under 22). Your friends or your brother cannot sponsor you (esp since your brother has relatives in Canada)

You will have to see if you qualify under the various programs at www.cic.gc.ca

udstatus

Mar 20, 2014
I want to know that is any of my friend can sponser me from manitoba if my parents although in canada.?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
udstatus said:
I want to know that is any of my friend can sponser me from manitoba if my parents although in canada.?
Sponsor you for PR? As I said before: NO

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under Manitoba PNP, you can apply to immigrate if you have enough points which are based in part on your age, education, language skills, work experience but also on your connection to Manitoba such as close relatives.

You can look at this here:

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/2013/05/manitoba-immigration-mpnp-points-worksheet-interactive.pdf

Your friend would have to show plans on how to help you settle, find a job etc. If your friend has sponsored someone under MPNP before and they left the province, he would not be eligible to sponsor again. If he moves from MB before you get your PR, they may cancel your nomination.

If your parents move to Manitoba, it would give you more points but they would have to live there for at least a year before they can sponsor you.

If you are under 22 and not married or in a common law partnership, your parents can still sponsor you as a dependent child, no matter where they live. Same appiles if you are a full time student since before the age of 22 and financially dependent on your parents.

vishal4u

May 1, 2017
I am planning as well to move to Manitoba and currently exploring reference for applying PR, let me know if you or someone can help