Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hello All,
If I travel from Manitoba to Ontario by Car, will I need to do anything for driver' license?

I have Manitoba' license. Can I drive using that or I will need ontario' card to drive in ontario? Please let me know.

What other things I need to keep in mind while travelling to another province? Please throw light on health insurance as well. Thank you so much.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You just use your manitoba license, there will be no issue. (Obviously you should check your car insurance but almost all normal car insurance policies will cover you for normal visitor travel to other provinces).

Health care: details can be a bit different province to province, but for the most part, each province will provide similar service to visitors/bona fide residents of other provinces as to their own residents.

Obviously do your own research if there's some particular issue, but if you're just a resident of manitoba going to ontario for a visit, in almost all respects you should be fine.

They won't take your special 'winnipeg money' though.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello All,
If I travel from Manitoba to Ontario by Car, will I need to do anything for driver' license?

I have Manitoba' license. Can I drive using that or I will need ontario' card to drive in ontario? Please let me know.

What other things I need to keep in mind while travelling to another province? Please throw light on health insurance as well. Thank you so much.
1. No, assuming you aren't moving permanently to Ontario. If you are moving permanently then you have 60 days to get a new one.
2. You may want to look into out of province medical insurance, but not really necessary.