+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP landed, but job offer in Toronto, PR CARD address

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

I landed in Manitoba in February 2016 just last month under the Manitoba PNP program as a nominee, I stayed with a friend in Winnipeg and looked for lots of jobs; however, my original connection and support was no longer available and I've had to look for work very intensely to avoid depleting my savings funds.

Since I had responses from employers in the Toronto area, and not a single call back from a Winnipeg area job I submitted to, I came here to go on some interviews. This week I'm finalizing some interviews and might have a job offer soon.

Here's my problem... I am landed, I already got my Manitoba driver license, auto insurance, imported my vehicle from the US, got my SIN, a MB health card, etc. I'm 100% landed already. I spent nearly a month in MB before coming here to Toronto to interview for jobs I received a response from. Since I don't yet have a PR card, the question is if I don't return to Winnipeg, and I update my address to a Toronto address in ECAS, will they still process my PR card since I landed under the MPNP in Manitoba?

I wasn't expecting this turn of events, but when my original friend who had supported me decided to not do so, it left me applying for jobs all over Canada and not limiting myself to the Winnipeg area, where I thought I had room and board setup for at least a few more months.

So, anyone on here have experience with already landing as a PNP in a specific province, having to move to another province (due to job offers, reasons out of your control) before PR Card arrives, then changing address in ECAS to the province you weren't nominated in? Do the federal officials even care since I already landed? Will I still get a PR Card if I have an Ontario address after landing in Manitoba and giving it a chance?

I technically still reside in Winnipeg, I haven't accepted a job yet here in Toronto since I've been visiting this week, but if a job offer with good pay is made, I will take it. But, I still need the PR Card. HELP!? Anyone with experience or advice?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMO it would be best to let them mail the PR card to your friends address as long as you are still friends. You can collect it from there later or have him mail it.

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
Leon said:
IMO it would be best to let them mail the PR card to your friends address as long as you are still friends. You can collect it from there later or have him mail it.
I think that's something that can be done, technically I haven't changed residence yet, depends on how this job search goes.

However, if anyone else on here has experience with this, let me know if you changed address during PR Card processing on a PNP landing and changing province.