+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

manitoba nomination program

ND15

Oct 11, 2010
Hi there,

Can anyone please help me on the following situation?

I have sponsored one of my friend from UK and he has got approval, now he is saying that he will go back to UK after getting PR card and healthcard (Manitoba).

Now I want to sponsor my sister from India, but somebody told me that I cant sponsor her as my friend will go back to UK and CIC and MPNP will raise question mark on my sponsorship as my friend will go back to UK.

Is this true that if one of the sponsored person will go back to his/her country then I will not be able to sponsor any other friend or family member?

Please please help on this.

Thanks in advance.

ND15

Chicco

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
that's what my sponsor also told. your friend needs to stay in the province where he was sponsored and nominated. he needs to give back to the sponsoring province as how i would put it. if your friend still leaves, you will be blacklisted and won't be able to sponsor again ( not sure of he timeline though) and you friend won't be allowed back in canada. assuming here that when your friend leaves, he will not come back and complete hi PR obligations. hope you can convince your friend to stay.