Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/05/2016 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016 (Height/Eye Color & Passport)
Nomination.....
26/08/2016
AOR Received.
10/10/2016
Med's Request
29/09/2016 (upfront)
Med's Done....
05/01/2017
Passport Req..
03/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2017 (Applied:08/02/2017)
LANDED..........
08/04/2017
Is it possible to apply for Manitoba immigration if a person's NOC is in the list of In-demand occupations but don't have any relative or friend in Manitoba?

Thanks.

Last edited:

kh

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/05/2016 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016 (Height/Eye Color & Passport)
Nomination.....
26/08/2016
AOR Received.
10/10/2016
Med's Request
29/09/2016 (upfront)
Med's Done....
05/01/2017
Passport Req..
03/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2017 (Applied:08/02/2017)
LANDED..........
08/04/2017
This question is on behalf of my brother.

Can you please reply to the question?

karankaler

Sep 19, 2022
bvl was approved on 5 aug but there is no more update from 45 days from embassy and file was submitted on 5 may please give me any other option
and i have heard that web form make an negative impact on file
please suggest me something what can i do ?

Pius Chizzy

Oct 5, 2022
Good day my name is Pius, i am a resident of Manitoba and also pay my taxes in Manitoba. I have a full time job and i work up to 40 hours a week but the head office for my work isn’t located in Manitoba because it’s a work from home. my question goes this way: I want to apply for the MPNP does the work office needs to be in Manitoba or is it okay because i work full time and my work taxes are Manitoba taxes ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day my name is Pius, i am a resident of Manitoba and also pay my taxes in Manitoba. I have a full time job and i work up to 40 hours a week but the head office for my work isn’t located in Manitoba because it’s a work from home. my question goes this way: I want to apply for the MPNP does the work office needs to be in Manitoba or is it okay because i work full time and my work taxes are Manitoba taxes ?
IF through Skilled Workers in Manitoba then the company must be operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Manitoba. So the head office does not need to be in Manitoba but must be operating in the province.

Eligibility - Skilled Workers in Manitoba | Manitoba Immigration Pathways (immigratemanitoba.com)

Pius Chizzy

Oct 5, 2022
So basically my work also doesn’t have a branch in manitoba but i must reside in manitoba in order to do the job because i’m being taxed from manitoba. Does that work ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So basically my work also doesn’t have a branch in manitoba but i must reside in manitoba in order to do the job because i’m being taxed from manitoba. Does that work ?
Did you read the employer requirements? Company must be operating in Manitoba because the point of the PNP program is to hire skilled workers for Manitoba companies and fill skills gaps. As stated in the link - Your employer must be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Manitoba. Your employer must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the MPNP that they are an established business with an ability to offer you full-time and long-term employment in Manitoba.

Your employer needs approval through MPNP, which it will not get.

When you say that you "must reside in Manitoba", why?

Prabhyee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
chandigarh
Qualifying employment
Your employer must be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Manitoba.

Your employer must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the MPNP that they are an established business with an ability to offer you full-time and long-term employment in Manitoba.

Read more here: https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/skilled-workers/swm/eligibility/

Disneygeo

Oct 15, 2022
W
You need to meet requirements which are on the site. You need Manitoba support (job), education (Manitoba education) or invitation (family friends). If he has none of those then he is not eligible.

https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/swo/swo-eligibility/
what if I have a family in Manitoba but my point is yet to meet the recent least point being nominated? Do I need to get a job in Manitoba in order to increase my point? Please I am outside of Canada . Clarification will be well appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
W

what if I have a family in Manitoba but my point is yet to meet the recent least point being nominated? Do I need to get a job in Manitoba in order to increase my point? Please I am outside of Canada . Clarification will be well appreciated.
If your score is not high enough, you are not nominated. So you need a job offer from approved employer (support letter) and information is on the Manitoba Immigration page.

Manitoba Invitation
The MPNP for Skilled Workers regularly issues Invitations to Apply to qualified candidates who are identified as part of one of our Strategic Recruitment initiatives in Manitoba and overseas. Issuance of an Invitation to Apply is at the sole discretion of the MPNP and applicants cannot self-select for eligibility with this connection to our province.

Required documents
To apply to the MPNP with the connection of Manitoba Invitation, you must upload in MPNP Online the Letter of Invitation you received directly from the MPNP after being interviewed by a program officer during a recruitment mission or exploratory visit.

Recruitment missions
The MPNP regularly travels overseas on recruitment missions, often in partnership with Manitoba employers. Watch this page for news of the next MPNP initiative.

Your other option is to find an employer who can’t hire anyone in Canada and is willing to pay and go through the LMIA process. Once you have a LMIA, you file for a closed work permit to show you are experienced for the job. Then you work in Manitoba and if eligible apply through the Skilled Worker in Manitoba stream.

Last edited: