+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MANILA Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here!!

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019
Have you tried the student permit forum?

This is the Express Entry section.

Also, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp
I think Help Centre only lists few questions. I am not sure whether I can post one.
And just to clarify, even for online applications, I have to go to VFS only to give biometrics..right?
And do you have any idea how much time they take to process study permit applications? This link says it just takes 2 weeks for Japan. is it so?

Thanks so much man.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
I think Help Centre only lists few questions. I am not sure whether I can post one.
Uhm. I was referring to the study permit forums of canadavisa. The link I gave you was the overview page of IRCC for student permits. Had a quick peek and looks like SDS is for certain nationalities. - that’s afaik from tryna find the link to give you. Other than that, got no idea about study permits.

And just to clarify, even for online applications, I have to go to VFS only to give biometrics..right?
Yes.

And do you have any idea how much time they take to process study permit applications? This link says it just takes 2 weeks for Japan. is it so?

No idea, man. Like I said this is an Express Entry-related thread. What I know is Express Entry info.

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019
Hi...Manila visa office has asked me to submit a police clearance certificate. I have the document but its sealed in a cover and the cover says it should be opened only by immigration canada. But I AM APPLYING ONLINE. So, is it fine if I open the cover, scan and upload the document (or) should I send the cover via mail post to Manila visa office?

red.kaede

Jan 20, 2018
Hi...Manila visa office has asked me to submit a police clearance certificate. I have the document but its sealed in a cover and the cover says it should be opened only by immigration canada. But I AM APPLYING ONLINE. So, is it fine if I open the cover, scan and upload the document (or) should I send the cover via mail post to Manila visa office?
No, don’t open it! We had the same thing with our app, started 6/2018 and finished 5/2019, processes in Manila. My husband had a Japanese police criminal record check that says it shouldn’t be opened. We sent it unopened and our app was processed fine, he’s a PR now!

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
So, is it fine if I open the cover, scan and upload the document (or) should I send the cover via mail post to Manila visa office?
I opened it after asking IRCC on Twitter what to do with it. They said it was okay. Many have done the same and gotten PR as well.

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019
I opened it after asking IRCC on Twitter what to do with it. They said it was okay. Many have done the same and gotten PR as well.
So, no need to send that document to them via mail post for ONLINE applications? I am applying for study permit from Japan btw.

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019
No, don’t open it! We had the same thing with our app, started 6/2018 and finished 5/2019, processes in Manila. My husband had a Japanese police criminal record check that says it shouldn’t be opened. We sent it unopened and our app was processed fine, he’s a PR now!
Did your husband apply using VAC? I mean OFFLINE application? I think then it must not be opened?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hello MVO-processed applicants,

Just an FYI, MVO seems to be a quick response office. 2-3 days turnaround time for email and passport processing.

Just sharing. :)

luisalex

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-06-2018
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
2-05-2019
Hi there!

I just want to ask if anyone here has an idea how many weeks/months from pre arrival letter to passport request?

I received the pre arrival letter on June 19 2019. Haven’t heard from MVO since then.

My AOR is August 17 2018.
PNP applicant, paper based.

Thank you!

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi there!

I just want to ask if anyone here has an idea how many weeks/months from pre arrival letter to passport request?

I received the pre arrival letter on June 19 2019. Haven’t heard from MVO since then.

My AOR is August 17 2018.
PNP applicant, paper based.

Thank you!
What’s a pre-arrival letter?