+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MANILA Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here!!

Kemzola

May 4, 2018
They were fast for my case. I live in Japan/FSW too, my file was transferred to Manila LVO around mid October, I got IP2 on 6 November and PPR on 9 November. Sent my passport on 13 November and it was ready for collections at Tokyo VFS building on the 17 November.

To be honest I was scared it would be slow but I'm pretty amazed with their speed. 1 week only for passport to: be sent from Tokyo to Manila, be processed/checked/stamped and sent back/reach Tokyo VFS building.

All the best.
Can you please share your timeline?
Thanks

Jan 13, 2019
Hi. I would like to ask, has anyone here had their papers stayed to Mississauga and didn't transfer to Manila visa Office?I was just wondering if it is mandatory that the background checking should be transferred to MVO, thank you.

Reactions: cathico

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019
I am an indian citizen but currently working at Tokyo. I got an university admit (one of DLIs) and I would like to get my study permit. I have few queries. Please help me with that.
  1. I would like to know whether I can give "Manila" for the field named "the visa centre that I am going to apply at" in my CAQ form and get my study permit approved at Manila.
  2. Also, I will be using online application to submit my application for study permit. I would like to know how much time it will take to get my study permit approved (an approximate time period is good enough). This link says Japan takes just 2 weeks to process study permits (I hope its regular study permit process and not SDS). Is it so? If it just takes 2 weeks, can I apply at Tokyo itself without going to India?
  3. Or is it better for me to apply at India (where I can opt for Student Direct Stream process) or at Manila (regular study permit process)? I am lacking time now and I may not get the visa on time if I delay.
  4. IMPORTANT: If I apply for CAQ while at Tokyo and give my "current place of residence" as Japan in my CAQ form but I resign and go back to India and start the visa processing in India (at visa office in India), am I eligible for SDS at India then (since I gave up Japanese residency and I would be a complete indian resident by then)?
  5. IMPORTANT: If I am a legal resident of India, can I still process my application under SDS at Manila? My question is whether SDS processing is only applicable at the visa offices in the 4 SDS-approved countries or SDS processing is applicable at any visa offices provided I satisfy its requirements? And can anyone define the word LEGAL RESIDENT?
I hope I was clear.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi. I would like to ask, has anyone here had their papers stayed to Mississauga and didn't transfer to Manila visa Office?I was just wondering if it is mandatory that the background checking should be transferred to MVO, thank you.
Are you based in Canada?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
I am an indian citizen but currently working at Tokyo. I got an university admit (one of DLIs) and I would like to get my study permit. I have few queries. Please help me with that.
  1. I would like to know whether I can give "Manila" for the field named "the visa centre that I am going to apply at" in my CAQ form and get my study permit approved at Manila.
  2. Also, I will be using online application to submit my application for study permit. I would like to know how much time it will take to get my study permit approved (an approximate time period is good enough). This link says Japan takes just 2 weeks to process study permits (I hope its regular study permit process and not SDS). Is it so? If it just takes 2 weeks, can I apply at Tokyo itself without going to India?
  3. Or is it better for me to apply at India (where I can opt for Student Direct Stream process) or at Manila (regular study permit process)? I am lacking time now and I may not get the visa on time if I delay.
  4. IMPORTANT: If I apply for CAQ while at Tokyo and give my "current place of residence" as Japan in my CAQ form but I resign and go back to India and start the visa processing in India (at visa office in India), am I eligible for SDS at India then (since I gave up Japanese residency and I would be a complete indian resident by then)?
  5. IMPORTANT: If I am a legal resident of India, can I still process my application under SDS at Manila? My question is whether SDS processing is only applicable at the visa offices in the 4 SDS-approved countries or SDS processing is applicable at any visa offices provided I satisfy its requirements? And can anyone define the word LEGAL RESIDENT?
I hope I was clear.
Woah. That’s a lot of questions. Is this study permit related?

To keep my answer simple, I’m based in Japan and I’ve been submitting my documents to the Tokyo Visa Office.

(All those CAQ, SDS, terms, won’t you have your answers at the Study in Canada forums?)

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019

To keep my answer simple, I’m based in Japan and I’ve been submitting my documents to the Tokyo Visa Office.

(All those CAQ, SDS, terms, won’t you have your answers at the Study in Canada forums?)
You mean Tokyo Visa Application Center(VAC)? There is no visa office in Tokyo for Canada as far as I know.
Also, if we apply online for visa giving Manila as the visa center, we just need to submit docs online and go to Tokyo CVAC (VFS) for biometrics and they will take care of sending it to Manila..right? I mean I need not visit Manila..right? (PS: I am applying for study permit).

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019

Can you please tell me where I can ask these questions related to CAQ if its not related to study permit. I just found canadavisa forum useful.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
You mean Tokyo Visa Application Center(VAC)? There is no visa office in Tokyo for Canada as far as I know.
They call it the Tokyo VFS but yes,
Also, if we apply online for visa giving Manila as the visa center, we just need to submit docs online and go to Tokyo CVAC (VFS) for biometrics and they will take care of sending it to Manila..right?
Yes.☝
I mean I need not visit Manila..right?