+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MANILA: TRV Online Processing Taking too long

ohmygulay

Sep 13, 2015
hello everyone,

Has anyone recently applied online for a TRV from Manila? Mine has been in process for 2 months now and there are still no updates on myCIC account. Submitted my application June 17, 2015, additional documents submitted July 9th. Emailed Manila office on August 10th to follow up, and up to now have not heard back from them at all. Anybody else having the same problem? Processing time posted on CIC is just 7 days so I don't know if I should follow up again with an email or who I should contact to get at least get an idea on why it's taking so long...

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
hi,

really, that long?

oh shocks, we just submitted ours last september 12, and we are hoping that we will be approved before the 17th of october because i already bought the one-way ticket going here in canada, its a good thing i haven't paid the return ticket yet...

it said in the processing times, its only 8working days, how come your application took so long to process... did you receive emails from cic that your application was updated but when you checked your cic account, there's no update?

ohmygulay

Sep 13, 2015
Still haven't heard from them until now. I'm thinking because of the military background. Please update me too when you hear back from them.
There were email updates in the beginning, but none after I submitted the additional documents they were asking for.

Thanks.

waqas123s

Jul 10, 2015
canada immigration take so long time i applied from hong kong processing time is 14 working days but i got reply after 1.5 months but good thing is i got visa so hope u will get reply soon best of luck

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
ohmygulay said:
hello everyone,

Has anyone recently applied online for a TRV from Manila? Mine has been in process for 2 months now and there are still no updates on myCIC account. Submitted my application June 17, 2015, additional documents submitted July 9th. Emailed Manila office on August 10th to follow up, and up to now have not heard back from them at all. Anybody else having the same problem? Processing time posted on CIC is just 7 days so I don't know if I should follow up again with an email or who I should contact to get at least get an idea on why it's taking so long...
The same in my country they said 6 weeks but now already 2 months but no response from them.

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
guys,

super SAD... my husband's application was refused... we did everything... where did we go wrong?!? this was their answer:

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person’s contacts in Canada;
• the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family
ties);
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

-travel history
-Employment prospects in country of residence
-Current employment situation
-Personal assets and financial status

submitted online: September 12
received refusal: September 17

IF ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME ON THIS, PLEASE DO HELP... WHEN CAN I REAPPLY?

It is just so confusing, because, for travel history we showed that he went to Dubai for 3months, even included passport stamps... he does not have any employer because he has his own business, we submitted the documents like the DTI and Mayor's permit... And because we just asked for a 3-week vacation, we showed $3100+++ in his account and I have almost $8,000 in my account here in Canada.

M

mikeymyke

pochfaye0704 said:
guys,

-travel history

It is just so confusing, because, for travel history we showed that he went to Dubai for 3months, even included passport stamps... he does not have any employer because he has his own business, we submitted the documents like the DTI and Mayor's permit... And because we just asked for a 3-week vacation, we showed $3100+++ in his account and I have almost $8,000 in my account here in Canada.

Just Dubai isn't enough, need to show a bit more travel history.
Is the $3100 ALL of his money? Or did someone make a recent deposit into his account to make his bank account seem larger?

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
for travel history, can we include travel within the Philippines or it should be outside of the country?

that's his money, from his business... :(

M

mikeymyke

pochfaye0704 said:
for travel history, can we include travel within the Philippines or it should be outside of the country?

that's his money, from his business... :(
Does he show evidence the money entering his bank account is from his business such as receipts, invoices, signed contracts/work orders, etc?

Travel within Philippines doesn't count

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
oh shocks, no, we did not show any of that, just the bank certificate of our joint account...

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
how many countries should be needed to be able to satisfy them with travel history? and how long for each country?

ohmygulay

Sep 13, 2015
Sorry to hear that pochfaye... I hope they don't make it so hard to visit Canada.

pochfaye0704 said:
guys,

super SAD... my husband's application was refused... we did everything... where did we go wrong?!? this was their answer:

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person's contacts in Canada;
• the person's ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family
ties);
• the person's ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

-travel history

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
yeah i know, why is it so hard for them to approve visitors visa, when in fact, we even signed in a notarized affidavit that he will only stay here for 3weeks. can't they understand that it is really hard to work here alone, no friends, no family. i just needed my husband to be here with me for awhile, can't they understand all the hardships we had just to work here. i'm really really depressed right now, and i'm going insane because of loneliness, but i can't quit my job, because what will happen to my family at home, they are all depending on me. :(

boopityboo

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
April 18, 2015
File Transfer...
May 18, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 08/30/2014
Med's Done....
Re-medical 02/16/2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 11, 2016
My siblings applied for their TRV online 4 days ago. They just received their passport request. The processing time certainly is a case to case basis..