+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Well it pays to contact one's MP office. I did so last week and they called me today to tell me they spoke with Manila .... and we are approved! Visas should sent shortly. Now just the hassle of the CFO thing to do (we have to travel from Bicol). But great news nonetheless :)

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:
Well it pays to contact one's MP office. I did so last week and they called me today to tell me they spoke with Manila .... and we are approved! Visas should sent shortly. Now just the hassle of the CFO thing to do (we have to travel from Bicol). But great news nonetheless :)
Good news for you and your family gumper.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hwseyl said:
We want to leave as soon as we can but have our kids to take into consideration. However, the faster we have the PR, the faster we can set everything into motion.

Was the second medical the same as the first and were they the same cost?

Heather
I cannot compare my wife's first medical and second since her first medical was done in Manila and her second medical was done in Canada because she is here on visitor visa. But my understanding is that the first and second medicals test for the same things depending on your location. For example, if you in one of the ebola hit west-African countries, you would be tested for Ebola whether it is your first medical or second.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumper said:
This is great, Gumper. Most folks who post on these forums haven't had much luck with MPs. Can you share with us how you approached your MP? Did you write a letter, email, show up at their office, etc? And what did you ask your MP to do?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agojo1976 said:
Thank you but there's Appendix B attached also for Photograph but it says fully complete Appendix A only
Agojo, what you received from the Manila VO is a generic email which everyone receives when the VO requests passport. The VO asks for the original passport, Appendix A and also includes Appendix B which is just instruction about passport photos. However, if you had submitted passport photos with your sponsorship application, you do not need to submit any more passport photos. You were supposed to submit 9 passport photos of the principal applicant according to paragraph 14 of this document: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Gumper said:
Wow thats great news Gumper! I also contacted my MP by email this week but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Gumper said:

If there is someone that I really feel happy that have received confirmation that everything is good, that is you Gumper....
I also contacted my MP "Again"... and he has been very kind and helpful,.... not like many other cases....

I am hoping that when my MP contact me will be to give me the good news also....

God Bless you and your wife.... hoping all the best in your new life

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Hwseyl said:
Was reading today that the government actually has a quota for PR for each office. Do you think Manila has reached it quota and no other visa's will be issued until the new year?? (Sort of asked jokenly but you've got to wonde??)

Yes, I think that one of the problems with Manila is that they have reached their quota limits...
Since September 2/2014 it has been just a few Confirmation of Permanent Residence .....

With the new regulations Working permits applications have dropped 70 %.....
So, we can not justify the problem as Too many working permits in process...
as they actually have less....

But in any event...
they are not working too many Resident Visas....

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Ecas shows us as DM today! Confirms what MP found out. I guess it's only matter of time now before the passports with visas are sent to my wife. Hey hey!

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
O_guy said:
This is great, Gumper. Most folks who post on these forums haven't had much luck with MPs. Can you share with us how you approached your MP? Did you write a letter, email, show up at their office, etc? And what did you ask your MP to do?
Hi o-guy, sorry for the late reply. First I called the MP's office. They assigned a person to deal with me. I had to fill out an official request form, provide ID, etc. but it was pretty straightforward. They got back to me within a week with the news. Timing worked pretty well as obviously CEM had just made the decision so they were able to pass along the good news!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumper said:
Hi o-guy, sorry for the late reply. First I called the MP's office. They assigned a person to deal with me. I had to fill out an official request form, provide ID, etc. but it was pretty straightforward. They got back to me within a week with the news. Timing worked pretty well as obviously CEM had just made the decision so they were able to pass along the good news!
You have better MP than most. Happy for you.

catbluesky

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon....I hope....
LANDED..........
Soon....I really hope.....
Gumper said:
Ecas shows us as DM today! Confirms what MP found out. I guess it's only matter of time now before the passports with visas are sent to my wife. Hey hey!
Hi, I am happy for you....I hope I will be the next one to have improvement.