+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Epsilon said:
My question is taking in to account the delay about how long do I have to wait to get a passport request? and is this a good sign that it is in process? Anyone in with similar case please share your experience.
A passport request often means nothing in terms of just how close you are to a decision.. they've had my wife's passport since April; recently we asked for it back as we need to travel to Europe together. We told them to request the passport once they are ready to stamp the visa into it...

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
TeamGO said:
Please remember, as I stated in this post, these numbers are "non-Quebec" applications. The spreadsheet doesn't break these statistics out in the same way. Stay positive...after all, what else can you do?
Sorry for my ignorance, how is a Quebec application different? Are there any extra steps involved?

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
TeamGO said:
I did find out the processing times are calculated from the time the sponsor is approved (Manila receives the file) to the time the applicant arrives in Canada. I have always throught the timeline was from Sponsor Approval to Decision Made.
Sorry this does not make sense... I am not saying it is not true... but just how can you build statistics based on landing time in Canada... some people fly within a week, some take longer. Is this info from your MP's "constituency assistants"? After I got my GCMS notes, I found out that my MP's staff was feeding me lies - as simple as that. Trust no one! Since when do politicians go by any moral code? Check this: My MP is Chris Alexander and he promised to get back to me when I inquired about the delays in my application. I just can't say he did not keep his promise, because when he promised to get back to me, he did not specify when will that happen..... i.e. if it is going to be during the current millennium at all. My blood is boiling.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
GabbieLovesAya said:
Sorry this does not make sense... I am not saying it is not true... but just how can you build statistics based on landing time in Canada... some people fly within a week, some take longer. Is this info from your MP's "constituency assistants"? After I got my GCMS notes, I found out that my MP's staff was feeding me lies - as simple as that. Trust no one! Since when do politicians go by any moral code? Check this: My MP is Chris Alexander and he promised to get back to me when I inquired about the delays in my application. I just can't say he did not keep his promise, because when he promised to get back to me, he did not specify when will that happen..... i.e. if it is going to be during the current millennium at all. My blood is boiling.
What did your GCMS notes reveal (that you can share)? What did CEM say in response to your request to get the passport back so your spouse & you could travel? Or did they respond. Problem is they might bump you further down the line in that situation too? Did they ever request new medicals (if you're past a year of when you did the first one)?

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
So...our medical one year date is coming up in 3 weeks. I'm assuming that means that we will have to pay another $300 and re-do the medical. Anyone know how that affects the expiry date of the PR approval when we get it? That is to say, will we then have up to November next year before we have to land? That is most defiantly not the plan especially with the way things are going here (volcano's blowing up, we just about lost our house in a typhoon yesterday) but I was curious if the expiry on your second medical is shorter.

Heather

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hwseyl said:
So...our medical one year date is coming up in 3 weeks. I'm assuming that means that we will have to pay another $300 and re-do the medical. Anyone know how that affects the expiry date of the PR approval when we get it? That is to say, will we then have up to November next year before we have to land? That is most defiantly not the plan especially with the way things are going here (volcano's blowing up, we just about lost our house in a typhoon yesterday) but I was curious if the expiry on your second medical is shorter.

Heather
Heather, my did second medical at the request of the Manila VO. To answer your question, no the expiry date of the medical is one year wheather it is first or second. But since you do not plan to stay there until next November, this is not an issue for you. My advice is to get out of there as soon as you get the PR.....typhoon, volcanos and all.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
I got my COPR! Just overwhelmed... it hasn't been such a long wait for us, but it has been difficult, especially when Manila requested a second Police Certificate from Russia which was so hard to get...

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Kayaker said:
I got my COPR! Just overwhelmed... it hasn't been such a long wait for us, but it has been difficult, especially when Manila requested a second Police Certificate from Russia which was so hard to get...
What great news! おめでとうございます。

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope yours comes soon too!!!!!!!!!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kayaker said:
I remember this was difficult for you. Very happy for you. Congrats!!

catbluesky

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon....I hope....
LANDED..........
Soon....I really hope.....
O_guy said:
I remember this was difficult for you. Very happy for you. Congrats!!
Congratulations! God bless to you.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Was reading today that the government actually has a quota for PR for each office. Do you think Manila has reached it quota and no other visa's will be issued until the new year?? (Sort of asked jokenly but you've got to wonde??)

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
O_guy said:
Heather, my did second medical at the request of the Manila VO. To answer your question, no the expiry date of the medical is one year wheather it is first or second. But since you do not plan to stay there until next November, this is not an issue for you. My advice is to get out of there as soon as you get the PR.....typhoon, volcanos and all.
We want to leave as soon as we can but have our kids to take into consideration. However, the faster we have the PR, the faster we can set everything into motion.

Was the second medical the same as the first and were they the same cost?

Heather

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Kayaker said:
Congratulations! All the best!

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
O_guy said:
May I ask when did Manila request for you to do a 2nd medical and how did they do it? Did they e-mail you a reference letter or a form that you needed to take to a clinic or did they just advise you to do a new medical?